Extract and decrypt backups to folder?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by st33lb0ne, Apr 8, 2010.

1. st33lb0ne
    OP

st33lb0ne Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2010
    Netherlands
    After some time abusing google, guided by my good friend mr Warsteiner i couldnt find an answer for the following concept.

Are there any usb loaders available that are able to load a folder containing the decrypted game files?
    Such a concept would do what brew like riivolution does.
    (I`m not referring to sneek di/uneek or riivolution, just another type of backup method to use in normal usb loaders)

In my mind it would be doable to add support in existing loaders to read a folder instead of an .iso, .wbfs and such.
    This folder would contain all the files from the backup in a decrypted form.

Such a method of storing and loading backups would have several advantages:

* Files, textures, music are user editable
    * The limitation of fat32 might be avoided since the actual files in the iso are usualy less then 4 gb
    * No decryption by the loader would be needed which would result in faster loading
    * No empty sectors, only the actual data would be present (allthough i can imagine the need for some kind of file describing a specific disc layout to the loader)

This is just an idea that popped in my mind, I was just wondering what the 1337 haxors @ gba think of this.

Let me know what you guys think!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice