Hacking External USB Confusion

An Original Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll answer what I can.

1. Yes, you can run homebrew from the usb. Starting apps will take a little bit longer from usb.I beleive it has to be FAT32 but I'm not totally sure.
2.I just looked up that real quick and it looks like you can. You can do the same on CFG. Not sure about USBLGX.
3.No. Only FAT32.
4.Yes. The first partition MUST be FAT32 in order to work with Nintendont. NTFS for your Wii games is fine.
5.Not totally sure what your asking but I'll tell you some stuff about saves. You can have GC saves on your usb using memcard emulation option on Nintendont.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SaveGame_Manager_GX There you can get an spp to copy your wii saves to an SD and keep those safe on a pc or your usb. I dont think you can skip the sd on this part, someone correct me if im wrong.
But as previously said, I'm not totally sure what your asking.
6.Wii U format does not work with anything else other than Nintendo sanctioned stuff, so no, dont use Wii U format.

Thats all I got.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone can extract/decrypt the Wii U filesystem driver, for use in homebrew applications. Having access to the filesystem of a Wii U formatted drive would be ideal both console side and PC side. Linux and windows especially, since they tend to get the most support for hacking tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded