Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So
Shutdown
Restart
Wait for usb inserert prompt
Remove usb after not recognize or when promoted by online web page.
Contuited depending on web site when were this is.

Chose one and and tell us so this can be updated to truly help.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll try this first, and then the whole procedure with backups. BTW, the profile is only important if I want to keep existing name, trophies, friends etc, right? It's not important exploit wise?
i would back it up! atleast database and account so you dont need to use psn offline activator and database is nice to have

if you have psn monthly games but you arent subscribed anymore you could still playthem with the database backup

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
database won't matter unless you know how to hex edit. the database is named after the user id, which will change if you format the system. if you can hex edit, you can get everything back in a matter of seconds.

• Wow
Reactions: rantex92

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, user id and account id are not the same thing. user id is random and what the tables are named after with the database. it will force a database rebuild if it's wrong.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
database won't matter unless you know how to hex edit. the database is named after the user id, which will change if you format the system. if you can hex edit, you can get everything back in a matter of seconds.
damn so thats a myth with database and psn games? i guess you live and learn

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can hex edit the database with the new user id. just open the database with sq lite to see the old one, then hex replace all (ctrl+h) iirc with the new user id. the user id is the decimal version of the same named folders you see everywhere. use a converter as that's the hex version. it should be 16 characters iirc, so if it's 15, add a 0 in front of the first digit. I've done this, and I suffered no problems. this is really only important if you have stuff in folders or something. otherwise, unmount the drive (if it's external), then reconnect with hen running, and all games will be repopulated if using an external hdd. that's why I suggest no one use the internal hdd for anything in case something goes wrong.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can hex edit the database with the new user id. just open the database with sq lite to see the old one, then hex replace all (ctrl+h) iirc with the new user id. the user id is the decimal version of the same named folders you see everywhere. use a converter as that's the hex version. it should be 16 characters iirc, so if it's 15, add a 0 in front of the first digit. I've done this, and I suffered no problems. this is really only important if you have stuff in folders or something. otherwise, unmount the drive (if it's external), then reconnect with hen running, and all games will be repopulated if using an external hdd. that's why I suggest no one use the internal hdd for anything in case something goes wrong.
thats another good to know thing thank you and the only thing i could think is devilutionx (ps4diablo1port) wich uses internal user/data

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he can backup his saves if he activated his account through the export feature. it will still work after a format as long as he activates the user account again with the same aid, which will be what the folder is named after anyway. trophies though, I'm afraid they'll be lost with no way to back them up.

I'm pretty sure the data folder doesn't actually exist on the ps4. it's created by hen, I think.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he can backup his saves if he activated his account through the export feature. it will still work after a format as long as he activates the user account again with the same aid, which will be what the folder is named after anyway. trophies though, I'm afraid they'll be lost with no way to back them up.

I'm pretty sure the data folder doesn't actually exist on the ps4. it's created by hen, I think.
yeah but thats how it goes with any kind of console modding in the end its a trade off but i think trophies is a small price to pay

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but thats how it goes with any kind of console modding in the end its a trade off but i think trophies is a small price to pay
I wouldn't care about trophies unless I could sync them, but I personally don't think hacked or exploited consoles belong online after what happened with the ps3. people unbanning themselves, banning others somehow, adding funds to their wallet without paying for them, and massive cheating. I don't think devs want a repeat of that either.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't care about trophies unless I could sync them, but I personally don't think hacked or exploited consoles belong online after what happened with the ps3. people unbanning themselves, banning others somehow, adding funds to their wallet without paying for them, and massive cheating. I don't think devs want a repeat of that either.
yeah i heard about those times but never experienced it my self back in the day i went the x360

just recently i thought about buying a ps3 ,when i was working with the ps3 sdk for ps2onpsvita fake thing + it was the one console i never modded myself so i had to buy one now i got the special ps3 and a fat chechc for a buddy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would piss me off as a now legit user if I spent thousands of dollars on games, had all these amenities, then a bunch of sceners came in getting everything for free. I don't really believe in piracy anymore, but I will download a game, if I don't have it, to test if someone has a problem with it. that's about as far as my piracy has gone these past two generations. I would collect games though, just never play them. that's why the only trophies I have are for tales of arise, all of them too. I'm very proud of that, since I finally stuck with a game for a long period. I was getting burned out not playing any games aside from old ones I've played a million times. ;)

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess it would piss me off as a now legit user if I spent thousands of dollars on games, had all these amenities, then a bunch of sceners came in getting everything for free. I don't really believe in piracy anymore, but I will download a game, if I don't have it, to test if someone has a problem with it. that's about as far as my piracy has gone these past two generations. I would collect games though, just never play them. that's why the only trophies I have are for tales of arise, all of them too. I'm very proud of that, since I finally stuck with a game for a long period. I was getting burned out not playing any games aside from old ones I've played a million times. ;)
in my oppinion piracy aint that bad there are many people on this world who cant buy anything becaus of nowork,illnesses or anything + in my opinion piracy is the only "true" way to preserv games

but yeah this and last gen i didnt had to refer to piracy i could bought most of the games i wanted and only use ps4 jb for ps2classic or like ports

and i know that problem with collecting games but not playing them or modding/tinkering to much that playing games is becoming a side thing

arent those the best kind of games? for instance i could pay zelda oot,gothic 1-2 and silenthill 2 over and over and over yeah sometimes its gettin a little repetive but for me atlast there arent many good games to begin with

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while that's true with piracy (on disability myself), most pirates don't have money problems. they pirate because they can. it's not anymore complicated than that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if I had money problems, which I do regardless, I wouldn't be buying an expensive gaming system only to sit it in the closet for in some cases years awaiting an exploit. I wouldn't waste my money on that if I couldn't afford food or shelter.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean if I had money problems, which I do regardless, I wouldn't be buying an expensive gaming system only to sit it in the closet for in some cases years awaiting an exploit. I wouldn't waste my money on that if I couldn't afford food or shelter.
yeah thats also true but what about those in india brasil mexico singapore ?

and yeah that would describe me with that buying a system an waiting on an exploit but for its collecting ppurposes since all my consoles are modded so i try that any future system would also be modded

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, one thing I've noticed is that this site goes awful quiet between the hours of 10 p,m. to about 5 or 6 a.m. my time (central standard time), so it suggests the vast majority of users are either American, Canadian, or live in Eastern Europe, not so poor countries. I mean if you had the option of paying or not paying for something, which would you choose? those humble bundles, pay what you want, I bet well over 50% are the minimum payment by donators. that's just the way most people are. why spend more than you have to, but if you're not spending on games, at least donate to devs or donate your time. it mystifies me that someone says that don't have the time, yet they can beat a 30-40 hour game in three days. don't have the time is bull shit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to say I hate pirates. I've been one myself. however, it's pirates who hurt me so deeply to the point of wishing I had never gotten involved. after all, I could've been playing games in all that time. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon