Tutorial  Updated

Exclusive Online play for banned members Network possible

Special thanks to @spacemeowx2 at https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play for the tool
and @mastertwin for the tutorial

this works on all firmwares, hacked or not hacked switch, Banned or not Banned switch. game updated prefered. Mainly useful to play in community public servers.

things you would need:
-https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
-https://www.github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play/releases

1. Edit Switch Internet settings
-set IP adress to static
-make up an IP address. your unique IP can be anything from 10.13.0.1 to 10.13.255.254 (Except 10.13.37.1 because its Gateway)
-input your made up IP address at the IP address section.
-Subnet Mask stays at 255.255.0.0
-Gateway stays at 10.13.37.001
-Configure DNS primary to manual. Configure DNS primary to 008.008.008.008
if you have a hacked console and are not banned yet, use 90 DNS to avoid telemetry. 90 DNS settings are "163.172.141.219" for primary and secondary DNS to "45.248.48.62"
-Save and that is it here.

6StyB4c.jpg

2. Download software

3. Run Software
-Install winpcap fully
-double click on lan-play.exe and copy paste public server of your choice

available public servers:
35.236.10.223:11451

189.222.60.255:11451
VVbnpUD.jpg
-press enter. it will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface".

Your interface will be the option containing your PCs IP address.
To find your PCs IP address, go to start on your PC and type in CMD. In CMD type: ipconfig
-you should get something like this

QutRhTG.png
You may get more than one adapters, but In most cases, computer's IP address would be found in the first one. This is the one that connects to the internet and is connected to the router. it will be in the IPv4 section.

TuSIwBP.png
In this case interface 5 has the same IP from earlier (computer's IP address). So 5 is the interface that must be chosen. Type 5 and press enter.

if youre having problems with this step you can try different interface numbers until the switch can later on connect to your PCs internet. Also, try resetting your computer and switch if problems persist. Its possible your PC needs a restart to fully instlall wincap

4. Connect internet on Console and verify connected to internet fully.

LTc9AWj.jpg

5. Run game. Head to online play. Highlight Wireless Option. Hold (L+R+LStick ) to enable LAN mode.
BEFORE:
kXaSGyX.jpg

AFTER:

R2QC9MD.jpg

5. Join room or create room. Creating a new room helps people join your room if your hosting a match.

6. Enjoy Free Online play with friends/people around the world on the same server.

spanish tutorial by mastertwin here:

Last edited by Don Jon,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u need to be in latest mario kart firmware
Just checked I am on the latest update. I’ll just have to look into why I can’t connect with anyone. Also I think your thread is telling me I’m not really using lan when I see the WiFi symbol, is it possible that that’s the issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just checked I am on the latest update. I’ll just have to look into why I can’t connect with anyone. Also I think your thread is telling me I’m not really using lan when I see the WiFi symbol, is it possible that that’s the issue.
Never mind I know what I have to do, I am still using wireless.

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but everything appears to be OK, I see myself connect in the lan-play.exe but I'm trying Mario Kart or Arms and and yet to find a room. I've tried the 35.236.10.223:11451 server and others but still nothing. Is it just that nobody is online playing?

This the last part of lan=play.exe does this look correct?

[DEBUG]: packet init buffer 000000000045F100
Server IP: 189.222.60.255
pcap loop start
00000000030701C0 accept, connect 95.216.149.205:80
[DEBUG]: read_cb -4095

Last edited by The Dementor,

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm have you tried running the exe as administrator and are you sure youre entering LAN mode in game and not local wireless?

Reactions: S3phi40T

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Considering that even official online play still requires that a player hosts, I wonder if this could evolve into an alternative online service entirely. For the average consumer, an independent company could customize a Raspberry Pi (which can be as cheap as $5 depending on required hardware ) and run Windows 10 on it like so:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-on-the-raspberry-pi-what-you-need-to-know/

Then pre-load it with the program needed to connect to this network. All you'd have to do is plug it into your router or network switch (not Nintendo Switch, a different type of product) and plug the Pi into it as well, and you'd be online right away. Because the hardware would be cheap, it would be cost comparable to Nintendo's own service without the possibility of being banned.

Of course, since there's no possibility of being banned, it means cheating would be rampant so you'd need some way of rating players or having a black list and a white list to determine who you play with again later.

The biggest plus in my mind is that this would circumvent the issue of what to do when Nintendo shuts down online play, and now I wonder if this could be used to play Fortune Street online in the Wii mode of the Wii U - or even in the Switch when emulation efforts advance enough.

Dissaor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Literally never heard of this guy, nobody knows who he is and he has probably not contributed to the scene other than maybe some clickbait YouTube videos that become outdated immediately.

2. He's showing off the already existing LAN tunnel that he didn't create. https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play
He has never claimed to have created anything, just helped as beta tester for some cfws and homebrew

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Considering that even official online play still requires that a player hosts, I wonder if this could evolve into an alternative online service entirely. For the average consumer, an independent company could customize a Raspberry Pi (which can be as cheap as $5 depending on required hardware ) and run Windows 10 on it like so:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-on-the-raspberry-pi-what-you-need-to-know/

Then pre-load it with the program needed to connect to this network. All you'd have to do is plug it into your router or network switch (not Nintendo Switch, a different type of product) and plug the Pi into it as well, and you'd be online right away. Because the hardware would be cheap, it would be cost comparable to Nintendo's own service without the possibility of being banned.

Of course, since there's no possibility of being banned, it means cheating would be rampant so you'd need some way of rating players or having a black list and a white list to determine who you play with again later.

The biggest plus in my mind is that this would circumvent the issue of what to do when Nintendo shuts down online play, and now I wonder if this could be used to play Fortune Street online in the Wii mode of the Wii U - or even in the Switch when emulation efforts advance enough.
Because not all games support LAN and others are limited in that mode.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
not all games support LAN and others are limited in that mode.

hmm. Good point. I found a list of such games here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/list-of-switch-local-multiplayer-games.3841/

I also read that there are some differences between LAN and Wireless LAN: Wired supports 12, Wireless supports 8. Some games store stats from one mode, but not the other. Apparently there are even some games that will support one LAN mode, but not the other, which is weird.

I wonder how difficult it would be to emulate Nintendo servers for the Switch. Then to connect to a private server all you would need to do is either trick the console into thinking your LAN connection is the Nintendo server, or change what the console looks for.

Here's a similar concept:

https://www.polygon.com/2014/6/20/5775924/how-to-get-ds-wii-online

Although it says it doesn't work for US networks, that's just because those networks went down before they could be analyzed and I still wonder if changes could be made to Wii emulators to use this network.

I think that a competing online service could be potentially profitable for a third-party company, especially from those that already sell hard mods since the threat of bans would completely lose their bite. If a company selling hard mods took the time to create an environment that would allow online play separate from Nintendo, and sold that solution alongside such a mod, it would further support homebrew which seems to be a higher risk of a ban than piracy now.

Last edited by Elliander,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Elliander only a few games support LAN. Rest (if they have any interaction) support local wireless and this completely different thing.
We are talking about simply forwarding packets through tunnel vs capturing Wi-Fi ad-hoc connection and forwarding it further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...