Tutorial  Updated

Exclusive Online play for banned members Network possible

Special thanks to @spacemeowx2 at https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play for the tool
and @mastertwin for the tutorial

this works on all firmwares, hacked or not hacked switch, Banned or not Banned switch. game updated prefered. Mainly useful to play in community public servers.

things you would need:
-https://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm
-https://www.github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play/releases

1. Edit Switch Internet settings
-set IP adress to static
-make up an IP address. your unique IP can be anything from 10.13.0.1 to 10.13.255.254 (Except 10.13.37.1 because its Gateway)
-input your made up IP address at the IP address section.
-Subnet Mask stays at 255.255.0.0
-Gateway stays at 10.13.37.001
-Configure DNS primary to manual. Configure DNS primary to 008.008.008.008
if you have a hacked console and are not banned yet, use 90 DNS to avoid telemetry. 90 DNS settings are "163.172.141.219" for primary and secondary DNS to "45.248.48.62"
-Save and that is it here.

6StyB4c.jpg

2. Download software

3. Run Software
-Install winpcap fully
-double click on lan-play.exe and copy paste public server of your choice

available public servers:
35.236.10.223:11451

189.222.60.255:11451
VVbnpUD.jpg
-press enter. it will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface".

Your interface will be the option containing your PCs IP address.
To find your PCs IP address, go to start on your PC and type in CMD. In CMD type: ipconfig
-you should get something like this

QutRhTG.png
You may get more than one adapters, but In most cases, computer's IP address would be found in the first one. This is the one that connects to the internet and is connected to the router. it will be in the IPv4 section.

TuSIwBP.png
In this case interface 5 has the same IP from earlier (computer's IP address). So 5 is the interface that must be chosen. Type 5 and press enter.

if youre having problems with this step you can try different interface numbers until the switch can later on connect to your PCs internet. Also, try resetting your computer and switch if problems persist. Its possible your PC needs a restart to fully instlall wincap

4. Connect internet on Console and verify connected to internet fully.

LTc9AWj.jpg

5. Run game. Head to online play. Highlight Wireless Option. Hold (L+R+LStick ) to enable LAN mode.
BEFORE:
kXaSGyX.jpg

AFTER:

R2QC9MD.jpg

5. Join room or create room. Creating a new room helps people join your room if your hosting a match.

6. Enjoy Free Online play with friends/people around the world on the same server.

spanish tutorial by mastertwin here:

Last edited by Don Jon,

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it a private server? I'm guessing it uses DNS or some way of routing the Switch to connect to the server's addresses and stuff? I'm confused :unsure:

D

Deleted User

What ever it is, it's most likely using wired ethernet lan, unless we have some way of doing it wirelessly too?

Vieela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone who speaks spanish wanna translate what he's saying?

From what i understood, he said "I'm playing right now in a banned console with my friends, and even better, for free. Soon enough i will make a tutorial on how this works, currently we took the whole day to make it connect but it finally connected, let's keep progressing."

Vieela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By the way, he left this on the facebook page he lists on the description (kinda explaining how he pulled it off)

The way it basically works:

Internet
|
[SOCKS5 Proxy] (optional)
|
ARP,IPv4 | LAN Packets
Switch <--------> PC(lan-play) <-------------> Server
UDP

Make it work might be complicated right now, but with time it will get better and will get update, please ba patient!

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
That'd be cool somehow for those who are banned.
If I may though...I think he is using a cheat! The way things are turning in his favor (missed by a red shell?) and the high speed of bowser are suspicious!

Reactions: Delta80

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it's only tunelled LAN party. Not online system.
Fortunately it's easy to setup and requires only one open port server side.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Don Jon

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its funny how some people believe just cause Nintendo banned you, your banned from going online, only thing they banned people from, is Nintendo's crap servers, Switch has a wifi chip, Nintendo can't disable it through a software update, it's apart of the device.

Xlink Kai is also another way of doing stuff like this btw, it is how people keep SOCOM on PS2 up and running online but it can be used for other systems.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never used Switch Online features... but i highly doubt there is any possible way of more than 253 players playing in one session...
Why use a /16 and not a /24 network then? You could have way more capsuled "channels" that way.
Hell even for up to 29 players you could use a /27 subnet... or so the kids don't get confused make a /24 net and capsule it on the server side...

If local play on the switch does not require a /16 network this is ill conceived in my eyes

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested this and can confirm it works (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
what firmware does mk8 deluxe requires you to be in, and does it need any updates
i wonder how this will play into action as for people who havent updated games firmware or whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...