gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen or wanted to see anyone live before. But I wouldn't give anything--not hair, not ovaries, not even finger nail clippings--to see anyone perform live.

Though I guess to be cooperative that I have to admit, I'd like to see Linkin Park and or Avenue Q perform live. That'd be really neat.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buuuuuump

Just got back from seeing Dethklok with Soilent Green and Chimaira. It was an awesome show and I got right up front against the fence (I always do its by far the best up there since I headbang a lot). The best band was probably Chimaira, dunno why but I liked them more than the rest. THe had a synth player who acted as a second bass sometimes, adding these huge lows that really vibrated you. it was great.

For Dethklok, they had some real people playing instruments (the creator of the show on lead and main vocals, plus some other people he picked up for the tour) with a screen behind them. On the screen where what is akin to music videos, with a bunch of crazy shit going on in typical Metalocalypse fashion. In between songs they had little cartoon skits, with the typical conspiracy against them by The Organization and stuff like that. Funny bits to watch while the band retuned and got wasted stuff like that.

I even managed to get a pick from Dethklok! I have pictures (blurry, bad quality cell phone pictures but pics nonetheless, put em all in thumbnails for your convenience):

Front:

it's the Dethklok logo, and then under it it says Tortex Â, presumaply the company that pressed the picks.

Back:

Says Pickles, which is odd because he's the drummer. Oh well it's still superspecialawesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.