Excited About Seeing A Band Live?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by WildWon, Jun 24, 2008.

Jun 24, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hey guys,

I'm going to see Alkaline Trio tonight, and i fucking LOVE them. I haven't gotten to see them live yet, due to timing just not working out... and now i'm giddy excited about seeing these bastards up on stage doing their thing!

Now the question,

Has there been a band that you got a chance to see, that you had hoped to see for years?

As well,

Are there any bands that you would give your left testicle (or ovary, if the case may be) to see live? (alive or dead [​IMG])

Well? ANYONE?! [​IMG]

2. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Saw Alkaline Trio almost 6 years ago. And I was just a stupid kid back then *hums* They were pretty good tho.

I would die to see rage against the machine, Q and not U, Queen, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, The Refused...I'm sure there are others I just can't think of right now.
    Aren't many bands around these days that I do want to see. Well, they don't tour much and I've cut back on going to concerts. I've always lived in pretty rural areas so its been tough.

I'd see 311 again anyday, I've seen them about 8 times already... and I'd go see Murder By Death again...Also I'd go see Mates of State. And the Futureheads.

3. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Rage puts on one hell of a show. Caught them with Anti-Flag and Gangstar. Wasn't a huge Anti-flag fan back then... am now, wish i would have been. Stunning performance.

Oh hell, Murder By Death, i would LOVE to see them live. I was only introduced to their music recently, and i LOVE it.

4. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    Oh this topic is here right in time. [​IMG]
    I'm going to see Iron Maiden on Friday (at Gods of Metal 2008 here in Italy, Somewhere back in time Tour so no new shitty songs just the classics) and i'm listening to them since i was 8 years old. ^^

Can't wait. [​IMG]

P.S. An Italian Magazine started today a collection of the whole Maiden discography, i was just waiting for something like this. ^^

5. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Saw Murder By Death 5 times already. [​IMG] They were inspiring! They have one of the best sounds out there at the moment. I haven't heard much of the new album tho, so I'm not a good judge really... Its too bad the keyboardist from the earlier albums (Like the exorcist but more breakdancing and Who Will survive and what will be left of them) went back to college. He was great and added alot. I haven't seen them since they released their newest album. But I think I would still enjoy them. Plus the cellist is perhaps the prettiest girl I have seen in a long time. Classic beauty.

6. WildWon
    OP

United States
    I gotta say, when i first started hearing the name Murder By Death, i was very quickly putoff by them, thinking they were a screamy bitchy Hot Topic band. Then a good friend threw in the CD after saying their name and saying "Just listen." Boy was i wrong. Soooo amazing. I need to keep my eyes open for their next trip to the north east.

7. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States

REFUSED!!!!! now that would be a sick show!

8. WildWon
    OP

United States
    I am not familiar with Refused. I just did some checking into them (i.e. Wikipedia woot) and, wow. I need to check them out!

9. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    My first ever concert was amazing. I was hyped up for those two months before it and almost lost my breath on the way there. It was Gigantour 2008, in vancouver, with Megadeth, Children of Bodom, High on Fire, In Flames, and Job for a Cowboy. Just the memories of that show get my blood going. 6 hours of non-stop metal, aaaaaaaah yeeeeeaaaaaaa...

But anyways, I'm hyped to see Carlos Santana in August.

10. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer Slayer

and

Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus Exodus

I love both bands soooo much @_@ but I missed both of thier most recent tours by a few months )

I am going to see Dethklok exactly a week from now [​IMG]

11. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    HARDCORE 2008 at the roundhouse in Sydney, Australia coming up soon.

www.myspace.com/hardcore2008

12. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States

13. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    I have always wanted to see Modest Mouse. After years of hoping for them to come to Florida, they finally do! Tomorrow I get to see them, I am really excited. [​IMG]

14. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    dethklok never comes to canada [​IMG]

15. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    WHAT

WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS

Oh right I only follow the metal/hardcore concert scene. I do like Modest Mouse though.

16. WildWon
    OP

United States
    So i went to the show last night and it was quite badass.

The Fashion opened up, didn't catch much of them (i drink, and its also a non-smoking building now, so i had to step out on the deck for my nic fixes) but from what Wife® heard, she really liked them.

Second up was Bayside. Decent. I'm not overly huge on them, but they are good. Oddly enough, (not being able to see them because i wasn't close enough to the edge of the balcony to see them) their harder songs sound a lot like Coheed and Cambria. Wasn't ready for that (i dig Coheed, but if i'm hearing Coheed, i want to SEE Coheed lol), but it was cool.

Then Alkaline Trio took the stage, they opened with Private Eye, played a great mix of old and new (along with 3 new songs on the album that comes out next week, that i've been listening to for a few days lol ). They finished with a double encore (as was expected)... well, we left after the second song after they came back out, dunno if they did more or not... but the last song i heard was Radio, and that was good.

They don't put on a stage show (The Chameleon, where they played, is a small stage, so they were cramped as well), but their music is dead on, live.

All in all, it was a good night.

"Shaking, like a dog shitting razor blades....."

OH AND THIS IS MY POST 300!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!

17. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom

18. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Yeah, they played in Miami and Orlando already. If it wasn't sold out, you could have driven to St Augustine for the show.

I cannot wait for this show, I got about 5 more hours till I go!

19. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I would love to see Finch. They were in the UK a few weeks back as part of a 1 day festival, I didn't bother going because I wasn't going to pay for a day ticket to only watch them play 2 or 3 tracks (and had only heard of 2 other bands on the bill). But they were on for half an hour, and I found out afterwards that the ticket was only 30 quid! Absolutely gutted!

Still, I hope they stick together long enough this time to do a proper tour of the UK. Fingers crossed [​IMG]

20. kikuchiyo

Member kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

United States
    I've always been in Japan when Iron and Wine has come to Atlanta so I really want to see him.

I saw Lupe Fiasco with the Roots last year and would love to see another one of either of their shows again.

I saw The Decemberists with Atlanta symphony which was amazing as well.

Hmm, Japanese bands...I saw Takuya; he's semi-famous in the country and from nearby Hachinohe. I really want to see Art-school again (saw them and Asian Kung-Fu while I lived in Osaka).