Gaming Excite Truck

directive0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I rented this game the other day. Wowie ow ow owwwww. I am totally obsessed with playing this game. A controller with accelerometers in it has made car games INTERESTING, I think the fact that ET is so detached from reality helps a fair bit too!

For instance: Did you know you can take a 4x4 land roverish jeep and fly it off the side of a cliff have it jump some 200 feet vertically (First up then down) and smash right into a stone wall with merely minor dents to the body? AMAZING! Technology marches on. Also... turbo makes your wheels grip, just remember that next time you're driving in snowy conditions
lecture.gif

THIS THING FREAKIN RULES!

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i agree 1000000%
i got excite truck on launch with zelda, and of the 25+ people i had playing on launch day, everybody (girls too!) wanted to play excite truck. it's simple controls are perfect, but it's a rush cause you always feel like you are out of control! plus mp3s on an SD card don't hurt

edit
it really gets crazy with the better trucks.
complete save file at wiisave.com

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
yea....wait till you guys get to the diamond cup, or whatever it is with the nebula course. that thing is freaking insane...i've got S's on all the Excite and Super Excite EXCEPT the nebula course....piece of sh*t.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think I'll pick it up when it gets released in New Zealand sometime this year......

frown.gif

It's not like they need to change the language or anything...

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'll pick it up when it gets released in the UK sometime this year......

frown.gif

Oh wait... Except "COLOUR" and "ELEVATOR". Wait... Does this game have elevators in it? I sure hope so. Yay eleveators!

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The NES game was called Excite Bike and was quite a bit different... But yeah, that is what Excite Truck was inspired by.

IIRC it's coming to Europe (and probably Australia, too. Hey guys, how about joining the EU? It's like you are in it, already, anyway...
wink.gif
) some time in February...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I think I'll pick it up when it gets released in the UK sometime this year......

frown.gif

Oh wait... Except "COLOUR" and "ELEVATOR". Wait... Does this game have elevators in it? I sure hope so. Yay eleveators!

Excite Lorry, coming to the UK in march 2009!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its anything like excitebike64, its sold
wink.gif

I seen a display box in EB, so I thought it was out in Australia... But I couldnt find it in any other shops.. so THATS why I couldnt find it
rolleyes.gif

Should come soon, shouldnt it? Its not like they have to change the language or anything.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Excitetrucks is totally awesome, the game got some really average reviews (72% on metacritic) ...which are understandable I guess considering the presentation, soundtrack and multiplayer are all absolutely rubbish. BUT the actual gameplay itself... by dam it's fun! It's such a great game! If anyone likes Burnout they should definately check it out. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1