Hacking EvoTools

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is not working for me. The game icons work but the Cheat Tool and Options dont. When i click on them in the start menu it just freezes my computer. Also How does the Trimmer work?

Ah, I uninstalled it and just relized it converted all of my saves to CycloDS Evolution Save. How can I change this? Also Sence it thinks all my saves are Cyclo saves, I cant convert R4 saves to Cyclo beause it thinks it already is. I need help!!!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa

Calm down. The R4DS and CycloDS Evolution use the same save type and should work on both carts, so you should be fine. Evolution tools didn't convert them they just gave info saying that they are "CycloDS Evolution Saves"

By the way, try re-installing Evolution tools. They are really helpful.
yaynds.gif

Hope that helped.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but arnt Cylco saves smaller? or will it automatically get smaller when I put them on the Cyclo? Anyways I did uninstall and it doesnt take away the Cyclo save files. So now I cant tell the difference between my R4, DS-X and Cyclo Saves. I also dont know if it made my saves unplayable on my DS-X because it changed the file to Cyclo.

Oh and I didn reinstall it but It just freezes my computer every time. This sucks cuz the tool does look really nice. i wish I would have just installed the ROM icons now though.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the DS-X saves are also 512 but I am worried because It changed all the files so now they have the Cyclo Save Icon and I cant get rid of that. I also really want to use that cheat editor but it wont work. Does a USRCHEAT file work on the Cyclo without any modification? (Reason I'm asking is because I just ordered a Cyclo, dont actually have it yet so I dont know how everything works)

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the DS-X uses the same size save, everything should be just fine. Also, the CycloDS Evolution Uses a file called user.evoCheats. BeLGaRaTh converts the Rayder Cheat Complication and uploads them to Rayder cheat thread. If you can get over the new icons you should be fine.

Hope I'm helpful.

EDIT: Have you tried Using the CycloDS saves on your DS-X/R4DS?

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
I am worried because It changed all the files so now they have the Cyclo Save Icon and I cant get rid of that.
Don't worry about it. Its a file association thing on your PC, it effects nothing with the data contained in the file. I own several carts and all the saves show up as cyclo saves.

EDIT:
Also, the Options program is for AutoTrim so you won't have the file to open(evoOptions.exe) it if you didn't select the AutoTrim option on install. Same for the cheat editor(CheatEditor.exe).

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for the help. The save files changed back after shutting down the computer but now that I understand it doesnt make a differnce I think I'll change them to Cyclo saves anyways because thats the only flashcart I;m going to be using in a few days any ways.

Theres one thing I want to know about the Cheats for Cyclo though. Is there any way to edit them without the Evo editor sence it doesnt work for me? And how does the Cheat menu work on the Cyclo? does it work like R4?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CheatingSoi said:
Theres one thing I want to know about the Cheats for Cyclo though. Is there any way to edit them without the Evo editor sence it doesnt work for me? And how does the Cheat menu work on the Cyclo? does it work like R4?

Oh S***. You're screwed for that, but Rayder has 600 games in his cheat file so you're bound to find you're game you want to cheat for. Also, If you post the cheat you want rayder to add on the cheat forum, he will most likely post it.

By the way, Team Cyclops(the makers of Cyclods) have an excellent support forum for the CycloDS products, and may have have better support than GBATemp.

Forum at: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i use rayders cheats anyways plus i just got the cheat editor working so all is good. now all i gotta do is wait for my cylco to arrive in the mail

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, just read about that somewhere else, already downloaded the latest cheat file for the cyclo. lol I got my whole root folder set up and waiting to be transfered to my cyclo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-