Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
And yet again, the extremist Christians give other Christians a bad name. My whole family is Christian, and we don't give a shit about Halloween and whatever evil meaning it might have. My mom and siblings all go trick or treating, we decorate for Halloween, etc.

Also, I lol'd at "Orgies between animals and humans." I'm sure not even a furry would go that far.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Fanatical Christians believe that half human half animals are spawn of demons. In other words, furries are created by the devil!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
And yet again, the extremist Christians give other Christians a bad name. My whole family is Christian, and we don't give a shit about Halloween and whatever evil meaning it might have. My mom and siblings all go trick or treating, we decorate for Halloween, etc.

Also, I lol'd at "Orgies between animals and humans." I'm sure not even a furry would go that far.
Thumbs up to you man. I could not have said it any better myself.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:

Bestiality not equal furry!

Now, you see, I have no problem fucking a squirrel, but someone in a squirrel costume? Fucking gross.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for a little commentary...
QUOTE said:
The danger of Halloween is not in the scary things we see but in the secret, wicked, cruel activities that go on behind the scenes. These activities include:

Sex with demons - Sign me up. Wonder if I'm joking or not. Gehehehe. Troll time : Maybe I'm a demon, wink wink.
Orgies between animals and humans - Like sex between humans and animals doesn't happen. I would probably be interested, if it were a fictional animals/set of animals, but I'm just a sicko. Also, for the hell of it, 2 girls, 1 goat, lol.
Animal and human sacrifices - The average person isn't dumb enough, and/or, smart enough, for that.
Sacrificing babies to shed innocent blood - As a douche, I'd say we have babies to spare. As a normal person, the only way they could pull that off is by kidnapping from a hospital, or hooker/prostitute/whatever.
R?p? and molestation of adults, children and babies - Only on Halloween? ONLY? 'sides, ain't [censored] if they like it.
Revel nights - Meh. I don't even know what a Revel is.
Conjuring of demons and casting of spells - 1 : Summoning demons would be awesome. 2 : Casting spells would be awesome.
3 : "I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come forth, divine lightning!"
"INDIGNATION!"
Damn, not enough TP.
Release of "time-released" curses against the innocent and the ignorant. - Releasing of time releasing releasants that releases released releases? As if there'd be anything that'd happen on the innocent -and- the ignorant. Oh, wait, there is. A crappy government.
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.
1 - Seriously? So, demons have specifically set teams and leaders made just to go against people? And then drawn to fetishes, we'd need a lot of people that are into [censored], a bestiality orgy, and all that, wouldn't we?? If I were to be naughty, I'd say I'd like for them to be part of my fetishes.
2 - Sounds somewhat like ghosts are plotting revenge.
3 - Most of the candy sold this season is sold in bulk, bargain bags, and tend to be relatively cheap.
Also, witches, praying over candy bars? What the hell is she smoking? 50 bucks on pot.

"sissy, punk gods" - that's coming from a chick who's calling Kitkat bars and Twix is demonic? Beware, that Twizzler will possess you! Oh my, Tootise Rolls, they're everywhere. Whatever shall we do? Quick, get the holy water! Yes, the 3 Musketeers will [censored] you with their light chocolat-y innards. Yeah, those Dots, those damned blasted Dots, they're unholy, with their somewhat cute gumdrop shape and several delicious flavors.

10 bucks says she has bought a candy bar that is part of a brand that gets sold on Halloween. Wait a minute..most things are sold year round. Gasp.

QUOTE said:
I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.
Why do I get the feeling she's insulting demons?

Also from the link -
Mother earth is highly celebrated during the fall demonic harvest. Witches praise mother earth by bringing her fruits, nuts and herbs. Demons are loosed during these acts of worship.
So people bringing stuff to give back to the planet we live on, and respecting it, lets loose demons?
Bring Colonel Sanders some herbs and spices, you get KFC. Bring fruits to a, in generic cases, a grandmother, you get a pie. Bring nuts to ...(I'm tempted to say something dirty) Mr. Peanut, and you've got salted peanuts & peanut butter.

While the article is said to have come from her experiences of "ministering to people involved in the occult" - . . .
That's her only basis? The occult generally follow something blindly, half of the time, and with no common sense.
In case someone mistakes it, I'm not bashing on religion, in this case, Christianity, but on the lady's words. Why not? Demon Fang candy!

Offtopic - I like Dots and those random strawberry-like wrapped strawberry flavored ones. Anyone, the same?
Oddly enough, I don't have Dots outside of Halloween. Probably because I don't look in the right places. Might try to get a bag of bulk strawberry candy. I don't know what they're called, and will laugh if they really are just called strawberry candy. Funny enough, I also don't have those outside of Halloween.
And flavored tootsie rolls, because, the normal rolls are annoying and appear in ridiculous amounts. They're not bad to have randomly, it's just a piss off when half your bag is normal tootsie rolls.
And, does that still apply? I haven't gone out in ages, so I wouldn't know.

-Starts revolt- Leave the demons alone! Buy as much candy as you can! Let there be hell, and deliciously non-nutritious sweet, sweet, candy!

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I lolled so hard at this BS! Oh noes my candy has a curse casted by witches! And she says there are people who stick their dicks in every hole they see... WTF!!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shinigami357 said:
they themselves should be locked alone in a padded room wearing that white piece of clothing that forces you to hug yourself.
Well, she does sound like she needs a hug. Even if it's only from herself.
nyanya.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameboy13 said:
I personally don't celebrate Halloween, but no candy is demonic.
Candy corn begs to differ.

'BURNIN DA WITCH' is bad. Everyone knows you should turn off your flashlight and autoshotty spam the back of her head.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well one thing she's doing is stopping Dental bills for the children- oh wait, universal health care nevermind.

It's one thing to say that halloween is 'demonic' I can accept that. To go like halloween candy in general is 'demonic'?! Then to go off with all this 'BURN DA WITCH!!' motif. You can't convince people who don't gives a fuck, then again you can't be convinced of something you have been doing when you was a child!

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few comments...

It never fails that whenever someone expresses their particular religious belief, you have a slew of people claiming to be "open-minded" attacking it.
It's one thing to ignore or tolerate it, it's another to ridicule it. People like you guys openly mock this as kooky, crazy zealot speak with the basis being that religion is close-minded therefore wrong, yet in this action you yourselves are showing that you're unwilling to accept (different than believe) and tolerate someone else's beliefs.

In regards to this woman saying Halloween candy is satanic, I can certainly see her argument. Firstly notice she's not saying all candy is, just any candy that has a primary relationship in the occultist holiday. In fact, if I believed something was evil and satanic, it would make sense anything given in celebration and promotion of that thing would also be evil and satanic.

TDWP FTW said:

A response to this comment...

TWDP FTW, you say your entire family is christian, then a mere few words later go on to curse, then say you celebrate a holiday with pagan origins.
Look, I don't care about the origins of any holiday, in fact I can definitely see pagan origins in some, especially when researching them, and I don't care. I'm not particularly religious so I don't feel wrong in celebrating these holidays (although I don't for other more earthly reasons like commercialization).

However, I don't believe in this wishy washy, follow the rules that suit me, it's OK because it's not that bad religious practices that are going on today.
If you don't follow the bible to the letter, you aren't Christian. You may think cursing is no big deal because hey... you're not hurting anyone or committing a worse crime, but it's still a sin. If you believe in the bible, why only follow it when it suits your wants? I mean you might as well not claim to be any religious and follow your own heart and at least have fun without the guilt that you could be sinning.

I'm not attacking you, TWDP FTW. If I had to guess, you're probably a cool guy and possibly even fun to hang out with. I mean you are on gbatemp after all.
But I am trying to use what you said to illustrate the hypocrisy that occurs when one ridicules someone else for having beliefs, especially when one doesn't even follow their own.

Personally, I lean toward the idea that once we die, that's it. Dust in the wind.
However, I respect religious people WHEN THEY ACTUALLY FOLLOW THEIR RULES, even to the point of sacrificing their own enjoyment and comfort.
I feel like I truly am open-minded enough to know that there is a chance that I'm wrong and maybe there is a god.
And maybe that god is one I didn't expect, like Vishnu or something.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's all I have to say about that! Comments?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
-giant post-
Well if swearing means I'm definitely going to Hell, then I guess my family and most other Christians in the world are going to burn. You're taking all this context from the Bible, but you forgot one big thing. You can repent. The Bible tells Christians to ask God for forgiveness for that reason.

Also, "If you don't follow the bible to the letter, you aren't Christian." That's not true in any way at all.

I believe in God, and I do accept him as my savior, and that's all that matters. No one is perfect, so everyone is going to sin in their lives. Nothing can change that.

Also, you seem to be Atheist from what you say, and yet you know so much about religion. Seems to be a trend in most Atheists that like to attack religions.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW, let's argue about this for a minute.

I want you to notice what you said. You called me atheist - which I don't mind - and then you imply that I'm attacking religion.

For the former, I think there's a lot of confusion these days of what an atheist is.
I'll admit I'm confused about a lot of things and religion is one of them.
Instead of atheist, I'd call myself a religious skeptic.

For the latter, I'm not sure if you're saying I'm attacking religion or everyone else here is attacking religion, but I am, in this instance, defending the right to personal beliefs. Which in this case is a religious belief. Therefore I'm defending religion in this debate.

It's true, the bible says that even if you sin, you can be repentant and then forgiven.
However, to do so you must truly repent your sins. Which means you must honestly be sorry you did them, and then never doing them again.

Which means just saying, "Oh god please forgive me for cussing." at night and then willingly cussing the next day means you don't care that it's a sin. You have to consciously make an effort to stop cussing. Sure one or two may slip through by habit, but eventually you'll have trained yourself not to cuss.

The argument that we're imperfect only applies if you consciously make an effort to be perfect.

Just like the only way to lose weight is proper diet and exercise, not just drinking diet soda with your hamburger.

By the way, believing and accepting there is a god is not "all that matters."
You have to follow the rules that the god puts forth.

To Rydian: I agree that's sounds a little absurd ha. But I still see where she's coming from about Halloween candy being demonic.

Lastly, I actually don't know as much about religion as I should.
I believe the only way you can truly argue for or against a subject is to study all sides.
I don't have the discipline for that so maybe I'm full of hot air too! haha

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mkay.....
Could we step back and laugh at our selves for just a moment?
She is one rather religiously devoted, but largely uneducated, person who does not know any better, and fears everything...I think that sympathy is in order more than ridicule.
I could go into a very long explative filled, Bill Maher style rant about how dumb every word of her uneducated essay-thingy is, but that would be like laughing at an infant for falling down as it tries to walk.

As for laughing at ourselves....are we really that threatened by her silly ideas, it seems so--at least that is what I gather from all the comments.
Believe me when I say that I laughed my head off when I saw the utter bullshit that she was spouting, but to ridicule her for them is to acknowledge that I am secretly scared or otherwise threatened by it and need to make it smaller and less scary with ridicule.
I won't give her that power.

Besides, there is a much more frightening thing to belittle, that anti-game legislation out of CA.....

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny when people say, "It's extreme Christians that give Christians a bad name." The reason why people like this exist is because we make religion so important for society and everyone who supports a religion is helping it evolve into what it is today - A tool used to exploit people.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
It's funny when people say, "It's extreme Christians that give Christians a bad name." The reason why people like this exist is because we make religion so important for society and everyone who supports a religion is helping it evolve into what it is today - A tool used to exploit people.
I like you.

While I agree with you to a large extent, I feel that many people simply know no other way, they are-- in a very real way-- trapped in their habits, and like all habits, they get worse and worse. Like a teenager who starts smoking 2 or 3 cigs a day, by the time that person turns 30--the 2-3 cigs has expanded to a pack or more a day....
It gets worse by itself...we only give them more fuel when we focus on them.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:

Zetta_x, you could say I disagree with everything you just said. : P'

I say religion is more a way to control people than exploit them.

I would argue that it's actually these "sometimes" Christians that give true (i.e. extreme) Christians away.
This lady is bordering on being a zealot though.

Another thing I disagree with us making religion so important, because the way I see it, religion used to be the very foundation of our civilization, and recently in history (especially the last 50 years) we have stopped being so religious and started following our own desires. So actually religion is far less important than it used to be.

How many people go to church current day than used to 50 years ago?

Sorry, if it seems like I'm being argumentative.
I wanted to put these ideas out there as I think they are important things to point out.

edit: P.S. Don't think I don't have very good arguments against religion too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4