Gaming eShop Prices

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my friend was 2 cents short of buying Links Awakening DX. To my disappointment, he explained that when you use a credit card, you have to buy a certain amount of money (5$, 10$, etc.) So he said "I don't feel like spending another 5$ just to get 2 extra cents to buy this game." I got off the phone with him, and he called me a while later telling me the following, which I think is a little funny:

Apparently, it's easy as fuck to get out of paying the tax prices (if you live in a place with high taxes). We live in Quebec, and Links Awakening being 5.99 came to 6.84 with taxes. He simply changed his province to Alberta, just for fun, and lo and behold; The game came to only 6.29 with taxes. He managed to buy the game, and is now playing it. Now I'm not sure what could come of this, maybe it could be bad, or maybe it's just something that was over-looked. Either way, we both found it kind of funny how cheap everything came out in the end, haha.

Only posting this in case anyone wants to give this a shot, OR just for people to know, haha.

Adrian5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, its so dumb how you can't pay what you owe. They shouldn't charge tax on that stuff anyways. Just watch soon they will be charging shipping and handling for a download lol (It's like they push you to use flash carts).

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have Alaska as a choice, lmao.
tongue.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In Sweden, we can only choose 100 200 or 300 SEK to load into the eShop.. that is: $16, $32 and $48 respectively :/

D

Deleted User

Issac said:
In Sweden, we can only choose 100 200 or 300 SEK to load into the eShop.. that is: $16, $32 and $48 respectively :/
Germany only has the option for 10, 20 and 30 EUR. I read on the official Nintendo website that the (new) prepaid cards will only be sold for 15 and 25 EUR, which is even worse imo. I really hoped that I could add as much money as I want to this time (maybe with a minimum amount of 5 Euro or something like that).

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adrian5 said:
They shouldn't charge tax on that stuff anyways.
That's not up to them to decide. That's up to the county/state/federal government. It's not like Nintendo gets to pocket the money, nor do they even want to collect it in the first place.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heat6jones said:
This is quite lame if you ask me. Don't think I'll be bothering with the eSHOP.

-snip-

Ahem..

This is a nice trick. Just paid $9.99 exactly for Cave Story rather than $10.??.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol i just checked the eshop for DSiware and its £10.80 for shantae: riskys revenge , checked the top up prices and its £10 , £20 and £30 >.< seriously nintendo? does 80p really make THAT much difference?

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love to buy Mario and Zelda. However, WHY THE FUCK is the Zelda £5.20 or whatever it is. Why can't it just be £5?! Assholes force you into buying more than £10. FFS Nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Rule 42 would've been racist +1