Hacking eShop deleted all CIAs, Linked NANDs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DoHxBoY
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 6,504
  • Replies Replies 28
Yeah, it's been quite an interesting battle so far lol. I am thinking it was something to do with his first time accessing the eshop, it did a ticket sweep, and just uninstalled all the tickets but not the actual installations.

I'm going to have him reformat and also swap back to the 32GB Samsung Evo SD I shipped to him and try that as well. I'll let you know if it changes anything.

If anyone else comes up with something, please chime in
Ok. The 64 GB card should be fine so long as it's in FAT 32. I use a 200 GB card in my N3DS. Not that trying the 32 GB one could hurt, just saying.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight
So I said, alright, let's try to install the TikShop CIA and see if we can just brute force all the tickets back into the system. Upon trying to installed the Tikshop CIA from his SD card, he is once again met with the Fat Operation Denied Error:


So, I had him go into his system settings and data management, it's showing all his games with grey x's and Tikshop, Luma Updater, and HBLauncher all "installed" However, his home screen does not contain any of these items and he is getting those FAT Operation Denied errors for everything he tries to install.

I am currently extremely confused and I do not know what to do next.

Can anyone make any suggestions? As far as his SD card goes, it's a 64GB Sandisk that originally came with his phone. He formatted it using the typical GuiFormat tool everyone recommends with the 32k allocation size.

Thanks for the help guys


As every error that comes has something to do with the SD changing it may be your best bet. Also you can try to get his SD card and try on your or any other 3ds's to see if its not his SD cardreader that is faulty in some way. As it loads the al9h system it is working, but that doesnt mean it can not be the problem.
 
Just an update on the situation...

We did a system format and FBI started working perfectly fine. We signed back in with his NNID, launched Eshop, and everything was peachy.

It looked like the system format created/caused the 3DS to use a different folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder than what was previously being used...

Anyone know why it would make this switch? or why his Sysnand restoration uses a different system folder than what it would if you did a system reformat?

The screenshot below are his Nintendo 3DS folders. The left is his current working Nintendo 3DS folder and the Right folder is the old one. The highlighted folder in the right folder is the old system folder with all of the games installed, which appears to have been deleted by the system reformat.

5PenslS.jpg

Anyways, it's all been sorted out, but I'd love to know what happened still.

Thanks for all the help through this guys :D
 
Just an update on the situation...

We did a system format and FBI started working perfectly fine. We signed back in with his NNID, launched Eshop, and everything was peachy.

It looked like the system format created/caused the 3DS to use a different folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder than what was previously being used...

Anyone know why it would make this switch? or why his Sysnand restoration uses a different system folder than what it would if you did a system reformat?

The screenshot below are his Nintendo 3DS folders. The left is his current working Nintendo 3DS folder and the Right folder is the old one. The highlighted folder in the right folder is the old system folder with all of the games installed, which appears to have been deleted by the system reformat.

Anyways, it's all been sorted out, but I'd love to know what happened still.

Thanks for all the help through this guys :D

No expert on this, but I do believe something happened to ticket.db, corruption or something, which was causing this annoying problems.
 
Just an update on the situation...

We did a system format and FBI started working perfectly fine. We signed back in with his NNID, launched Eshop, and everything was peachy.

It looked like the system format created/caused the 3DS to use a different folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder than what was previously being used...

Anyone know why it would make this switch? or why his Sysnand restoration uses a different system folder than what it would if you did a system reformat?

The screenshot below are his Nintendo 3DS folders. The left is his current working Nintendo 3DS folder and the Right folder is the old one. The highlighted folder in the right folder is the old system folder with all of the games installed, which appears to have been deleted by the system reformat.

5PenslS.jpg

Anyways, it's all been sorted out, but I'd love to know what happened still.

Thanks for all the help through this guys :D
Every time you format the 3DS creates a new folder. As to what happened it was probably a corrupted file
 
  • Like
Reactions: Subtle Demise
This has happened to me as well...

It has to do with FBI and the tickets getting corrupted.

When using a FAT32 64-128GB mSD, it can cause corruption when installing .CIA's. This is really more of an FBI issue.

I'll be installing multiple .CIA's and get an error or corruption prompt, get booted back to HS and all my games are gone and have to restore from backup.

MAKE SURE YOU PROPERLY FORMAT YOUR 64/128GB mSD!!! Do not use EaseUS Partition Master or Windows. Use the SanDisk mSD formatter and the GUI FAT32 Formatter to properly format the mSD. Even then, this does not prevent the FBI issue.

Make sure to use FreeShop 1.2.2 and the 3ds.titlekeys.com Tools app (.CIA file). Run the titlekeys first, make sure to have latest encTitleskeys and then use FreeShop.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP. Fin.

If you're more concerned about sending it to your nephew or whatever, I'd go back down to a 32GB. But then he's going to have to juggle what games he keeps installed and making backups of savedata (gets complicated). This way it won't crash as often.

Really, when we use 64-128GB mSD/SD on the 3DS things start to hiccup. I think the n3DSXL handles this better with the newer hardware, but I'd have no way of confirming this (watch the posts roll in).

I'd go ahead and make a second backup with all games and updates installed and make sure he has a copy to pull from if things ever go bad again.

But yes, you entered the danger zone by using 64GB.
 

Site & Scene News