Trophies
XP
Country
scuj1 said:
geedub said:
giantpune said:
WTF is a cISO?

thats what i was thinking ! compressed ISO id imagine

so is this different to a scrubbed ISO ?

Basically yes. The ISO is already in the wbfs format, so you don't have to convert/rip it on to the HDD. You just transfer it from PC straight to HDD. I think they're pretty much the same size, as it would show on USB Loader. I'd stick to the scrubbed versions as they're more likely to be smaller, so quicker to obtain
tongue.gif

scrubbed suits me fine , sorry for asking here but didnt see a point in starting a new thread and just needed more info cheers

headstone1734

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to add to this thread, i have the original and it will not play without an update, you can't even bypass it. Not sure what the update is (must be to system menu 4 as I have 3.4 currently).

I copied it to my usb drive usind usb loader gx and the game loads up, but when you select a song, it goes to a loading page and stays there.
The Wii isn't locked as you can hit the home button and it comes up with the home crossed out icon.

I tried loading the original with softchip (sorry don't know the rev as I'm at work) to avoid the update request, but it gets to the same spot and hangs.

Anyone else experience this? I'm running cIOS 249 rev9 and latest usb loader gx, haven't tried cIOS 13a yet as that causes me issues with other things...

I figured having the original would make it easier
smile.gif

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2u cios rev 10. using the same Ciso as you. It works perfectly in both the old old ultimate usb loader from like the 2nd or 3rd week after usbloader 1.1 was released and wiiflow by hibern. I was able to play it without any updates. Also on my wii: starfall w/updates blocked, bootmii as boot1, shop channel update. I think that's all.

A Ciso is actually likely smaller than a scrubbed iso by a small margin. A Ciso is just the game portion of the data on the disc, while a wiiscrubbed iso is the game portion plus some easily compressed garbage data. Correct me if I'm wrong I haven't actually compared them on my pc yet. (I'm on my berry)

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
Can I just ask;

Is your .ciso 2,648,735,744 bytes?
I'll check for you when I'm in front of my pc. If I were you I'd just redownload it. It sounds like either a bad burn(to hdd) or d/l.

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've put it on the HDD a few times.

Do I need to upgrade my firmware or something?

And also, if I downloaded it in a 7zip file, surely that means that if it was a bad download it wouldn't extract?

I only get 150kbps so I don't want to redownload if possible.

Also, someone on the site said PAL users needed to change the region code to PAL?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My file is 2,751,201,280 bytes. The file is NTSC so if your wii is PAL you would need to set the loader to force the correct region settings. Also, just because it unzipped doesn't guarantee it is a good file. I've had to re-d/l iso's several times before.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, might want to hold up on re d/l. I just rechecked the file size and it is 2,648,735,744 bytes.
I checked the free space on the dvd that I had it copied to, not the actual file itself. Sorry for the
bad info.

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, well I'll need to find out what's wrong with my wii then.

Is there like.. a way of listing everything one has on their wii?

It'd help if someone said the cios/ios/system menu etc. etc. etc. installed.

Especially the PAL users, I'm not sure why mine won't work when others will.

headstone1734

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious too as to how people got this to work as I can't even get the original game to play.

It loads up and I choose a song, but then it just hangs when the song is loading.

And starting through the disc channel, it won't load as it requires an update (but doesn't say what). I haven't done it as I'm worried about breaking my other stuff
smile.gif

Anyone have an idea what the update is on this one?

Do i need to go up to system menu 4? or even cIOS 249 rev 13 (currenlty have rev9 and only have issues with the newer games like ghostbusters)?

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
For all those still having probs, Try the scene release. Seems more people confirm this works ok without any messing around.
smile.gif

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
What typo? Ciso?

Basically Eclipse didnt have a clue what the op was on about so decided to call him wrong. When others confirmed what a ciso is he edited his post quickly!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==