Hacking Error the card was removed

Sirberus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. So my exboyfriend got me a 2ds last year and had luma installed with 10 games on a 32 gig microsd. Well I ended up using the as card on my Wii U and I remember backing up the games folder and deleting it to make room for Wii U games. Well now I put the folder back (pretty sure it’s the game folder) and the fame icons show up on the 3ds but when I try to load any it says error the card was removed and I have to reboot. I’ve tried different as cards and I get the same error. Any one have any idea what the problem is? Thanks for any help!!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First, check your SD card for errors. Second, make sure the SD card is properly seated and the pin connectors are all clean of dust/dirt/humidity/etc.. Third, check the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, inside you will find a folder with a 32 character string as the name. Inside that you should find another with a different 32 character string, if you find two instead of just one, see which one is the largest in size (aka that has the games), then delete the smaller one and rename the larger one to what the smaller one was named (games normally wouldn't show if it was this, reason it's third). Those are only three reasons I can think of right now, there may be something else.

PS: Also, if none of the above work, boot the system while holding Select to enter the Luma settings and enable arm exception handlers, as those will give you a better idea of where a problem lies compared to generic messages the system normally gives when it encounters a problem. Then try to trigger a new error and let us know what the error message Luma showed was.

Sirberus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thod: Thanks so much for your help. I’m Embarrassed to admit but the problem was I had the title folder in the 3ds folder and not the NINTENDO 3ds folder...smh. Moved it and now the games are working!!! Thanks again!!

P.s. while I have you I do have one other question. The only games I can get are in .3ds format. Is there a way to install them without converting them to the format fbi uses? Thanks

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thod: Thanks so much for your help. I’m Embarrassed to admit but the problem was I had the title folder in the 3ds folder and not the NINTENDO 3ds folder...smh. Moved it and now the games are working!!! Thanks again!!

P.s. while I have you I do have one other question. The only games I can get are in .3ds format. Is there a way to install them without converting them to the format fbi uses? Thanks
You can't really install .3DS files without conversion and 3DS flashcarts are all outdated so the .3DS format is effectively as well. I know it's a pain, but if you look well enough you can find repositories that have .CIA files instead.

As for "3DS" and "Nintendo 3DS" folders, "3DS" refers to homebrews/homebrew menu/homebrew extra data, while "Nintendo 3DS" refers to installed titles and any "legit" data (as in the system's, encrypted with the system-specific key and everything).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...