Error on pico chip

gilletter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a pico RP2040 on my OLED switch, The chip flashes one solid blue and then 2 yellow a pause, 2 yellow a pause, 2 yellow and nothing. It won't even boot into the OFW, I'm hoping I didn't completely ruin this, can someone help me diagnose the code before I tear everything back off? (yellow flashes might be green)
Post automatically merged:

I installed a pico RP2040 on my OLED switch, The chip flashes one solid blue and then 2 yellow a pause, 2 yellow a pause, 2 yellow and nothing. It won't even boot into the OFW, I'm hoping I didn't completely ruin this, can someone help me diagnose the code before I tear everything back off? (yellow flashes might be green)
added link to video file to see what I'm running in to.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

added link to video file to see what I'm running in to.

That code is for RST but it doesn't look like any of your ribbon cables are connected in that video too.

Reactions: gilletter1

gilletter1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your power cable isn't even connected to the motherboard.
I disonnected it so the chip was isolated to flash it again - It does the same when plugged in.

That code is for RST but it doesn't look like any of your ribbon cables are connected in that video too.
Thank you - and RST is the point on the back near the speaker wire next to the triangle, correct? Odd as the value on the chip is correct when I put my dmm in diode. I disconnected all the cables and power to it to try and isolate the chip away from anything else.

I believe OP is testing modchip firmware with usb cable providing power instead of using all connection from motherboard. You can tell the switch battery and ribbon are NOT connected at all
Correct - I was trying to isolate the RP chip, I'm thinking the chip might be bad, or I'm not getting a voltage in to the chip. I mentioned diode readings for other points (forgive me I'm going off no sleep at the moment from a migraine) I had tested the point for continuity and voltage at both ends of the wire. I had continuity but no voltage - from what I've read it should be 3.3V in DC when not in reset, and around 0V when active.

Last edited by gilletter1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: