Hacking Error Dumping H&S app with Decrypt9

Dororo00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, after the release of a more stable SysUpdater I decided to downgrade my New3ds XL, everything went well and now it's on 9.2.0-20E, I created EmuNand and updated it to 10.3 with Reinand 3.0, all was fine until I realized I don't have any CIA installer, so I decided to inject FBI into the H&S app.
I downloaded Decrypt9 and I've done the proccess like said in the tutorial, but when I was going to Dump the hs.app an error ocurred on the process...
mqc3jjm.jpg
The hs.app appeared in the SD Card, and I say "Oh It's OK, let's inject FBI..." But when I went to inject the cia ocurred this...
li21UxO.png
I'm out of ideas to inject it... I also tried to install the cia through the HBL but it doesn´t work...
Can anyone help me please?

Last edited by Dororo00,

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: OH! Issue Solved. You -Should- Have dumped H&S While EmuNand was on 9.2, Patched it with FBI/Whatever, THEN updated it to 10.3.

You should probably delete and start your EmuNAND over, and do it this way

1) Create EmuNand
2) Dump H&S
3) Mod H&S, Patch into EmuNAND
4) Update EmuNAND from 9.2 to 10.3
5) Backup EmuNAND
-Somewhat Optional-
6) Format SysNAND
7) Format EmuNAND
8) Go into Settings on EmuNAND, Go to NNID Settings
9) Link your Nintendo ID to the EmuNAND
10) Recover EmuNAND from backup

Steps 6 through 10 will recover your eShop access after unlinking, But keep in mind A System Format will delete all installed Games, Apps, and their Saved Data. So backup or rename the Nintendo 3DS Folder before doing this!

Last edited by Bunie, , Reason: Solution!

Dororo00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I need to redo all the things for the EmuNand... If there isn't any alternative I'll do it xD
Uhmm I am thinking about the posibility to downgrade the emunand with the 3dsx memchunkhax2 sysupdater
Would it work?
I know there is a chance of brick doing this, but since is the emunand It don´t matter to me cause I need to redo all xD, but I don't know if it will work on the EmuNand properly
Oh and thank you so much for the help :)

Dororo00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok finally after dump on the 9.2 EmuNand I finally have FBI Installer, now the problem it's this
I create two db files in the folder, but when I go to fix them on the 3ds it fails and show me an error that says "Could not complete the erase" (It¡s is translated from spanish, because my 3ds is in spanish xD I hope you can understand the problem...), basically it won't be able to fix the dbs and fails...
Any solution?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, after the release of a more stable SysUpdater I decided to downgrade my New3ds XL, everything went well and now it's on 9.2.0-20E, I created EmuNand and updated it to 10.3 with Reinand 3.0, all was fine until I realized I don't have any CIA installer, so I decided to inject FBI into the H&S app.
I downloaded Decrypt9 and I've done the proccess like said in the tutorial, but when I was going to Dump the hs.app an error ocurred on the process...
mqc3jjm.jpg
The hs.app appeared in the SD Card, and I say "Oh It's OK, let's inject FBI..." But when I went to inject the cia ocurred this...
li21UxO.png
I'm out of ideas to inject it... I also tried to install the cia through the HBL but it doesn´t work...
Can anyone help me please?
I took a look at @Dororo00's hs.app - it is a roughly 1MB big file that contains nothing but zeroes. Did the Health and Safety app work on your system?

EDIT: OH! Issue Solved. You -Should- Have dumped H&S While EmuNand was on 9.2, Patched it with FBI/Whatever, THEN updated it to 10.3.

You should probably delete and start your EmuNAND over, and do it this way

1) Create EmuNand
2) Dump H&S
3) Mod H&S, Patch into EmuNAND
4) Update EmuNAND from 9.2 to 10.3
5) Backup EmuNAND
-Somewhat Optional-
6) Format SysNAND
7) Format EmuNAND
8) Go into Settings on EmuNAND, Go to NNID Settings
9) Link your Nintendo ID to the EmuNAND
10) Recover EmuNAND from backup

Steps 6 through 10 will recover your eShop access after unlinking, But keep in mind A System Format will delete all installed Games, Apps, and their Saved Data. So backup or rename the Nintendo 3DS Folder before doing this!
Well, that's new. In theory, the dump & injection should work on any FW ver, unless big N found some devilish way to stop it. Do you have some proof (ie other people with the same problem on 10.x) or even an explanation why it should not work on 10.x?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I took a look at @Dororo00's hs.app - it is a roughly 1MB big file that contains nothing but zeroes. Did the Health and Safety app work on your system?

Well, that's new. In theory, the dump & injection should work on any FW ver, unless big N found some devilish way to stop it. Do you have some proof (ie other people with the same problem on 10.x) or even an explanation why it should not work on 10.x?
Well that explains the error and it appears my "encryption" check is working. haha (searches the hs.app for specific bytes with binaryreader within a specific offset range).
Kinda strange that it's all zeros though... hmm

As for the other thing, i dunno about that. Considering the app hasn't been updated in a fair while. So something else is at fault there.

Dororo00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't try to open the app on 10.3, but later in 9.2 the process was succesful without errors
And about the other problem that I have. Any idea? I can't install anything with FBI, it gives me tan invalid database error

EDIT: Nvm, it seems like the 3ds doesn't access to the sdcard well I tried with another SD and it read it well I'll format my actual SD :)
Thank you so much to all :)

Last edited by Dororo00,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well that explains the error and it appears my "encryption" check is working. haha (searches the hs.app for specific bytes with binaryreader within a specific offset range).
Kinda strange that it's all zeros though... hmm

As for the other thing, i dunno about that. Considering the app hasn't been updated in a fair while. So something else is at fault there.

I didn't try to open the app on 10.3, but later in 9.2 the process was succesful without errors
And about the other problem that I have. Any idea? I can't install anything with FBI, it gives me tan invalid database error

EDIT: Nvm, it seems like the 3ds doesn't access to the sdcard well I tried with another SD and it read it well I'll format my actual SD :)
Thank you so much to all :)

Just a quick info... I tried (with my 10.3 EmuNAND) to dump the H&S app with Decrypt9WIP - works without any trouble at all, and injecting does, too. The issue must have been in something else. The invalid database error, btw, means that there are files missing on your SD card, better ask this in the FBI forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: