Error code 2002-3560, worried my Switch is bricked

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I did as much research as I could but am struggling to find any answers so thought I'd finally just ask.

Precursory info: My Switch isn't hacked or modded in any way. It's one of the older unpatched HAC-001 models so it's capable of running CFW and everything, but it's not. I play it in docked mode like 98% of the time, it's in great shape, the most it ever got bounced around or anything is maybe if I put it in a case and take it somewhere in my purse for the day. And all this happened when the battery was fully charged (or at least said it was) so in theory the battery should still be full.

Anyway, that out of the way.

My Switch has been acting a little strange the past couple days, for lack of a better way to put it.

A few days ago I took it off the dock and after only about 5 minutes it gave me a screen that I think means the battery was dead (black screen and dead battery icon, I rarely play in handheld so I hadn't experienced it before), even though it had been on the dock all day. As soon as I put it back on the dock it was fine, battery even said it was still full. Was odd. The next thing happened a day or two later, when I woke it from sleep it couldn't detect the SD card. Restarted it and it was fine. Another time somewhere in there I had an issue where it was refusing to turn on after shutting it off for a second but after waiting a few minutes and doing the whole "hold power for 12 seconds" thing it eventually did.

Now the culmination of all this was last night, I'd been playing stuff all day, went to save my Animal Crossing I'd been playing and as I went to close the game I got an error screen with the error code 2002-3560. It shut off - or maybe I turned it off, I don't even remember - and I haven't been able to get it to turn on since. I've tried and tried to research the error code and the only information at all I can find about it are two old threads here.

Things I've tried:
  • Holding the power button
  • Trying to boot into recovery mode
  • Putting it on a different dock
  • Plugging it directly into a charger
  • Taking out the SD card
Basically all the standard recommended troubleshooting stuff. I've attempted all these while both on and off the dock, while plugged in, while not plugged in, with the SD card in, with the SD card out...everything I can think of.

From the research I've done the error code MIGHT have something to do with the SD card slot, based on the general range of numbers...but I really can't tell for certain because I can't find anything at all about this specific error code and what it means. Since I have the tools on hand from replacing my JoyCon shells and am pretty tech-savvy I even popped the backplate off last night to reseat the SD card slot and make sure everything was properly connected, but everything looked fine internally and that didn't help at all.

I'm really really at my wit's end here. I know this is pathetic and no one cares but like, my Switch is one of the only things that kind of keeps me sane right now, playing Animal Crossing with my partner is one of the only ways I can interact and do things with her at the moment and I don't have the money to replace it if it's bricked. That said if anyone has any ideas at all on what I could to to get it working I'm desperate right now.

Thank you so much for any advice or help anyone has.

Last edited by StarCrossedSheep,

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Based on what I read I was not sure if your console was booting and crashing afterward or just would not boot.

Are you able to look if your NAND 'EMMC' socket is properly connected on the motherboard and if you don't see any visible damage on that part ?

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with the NAND or anything else internally as far as I can tell. Everything securly connected and no signs of damage. Fiddling with it didn't help, still won't turn on.

IMG_20211001_150356.jpg

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you plug it on the charge, wait 5 minutes and press power while it is still plugged.

Do you see any activity on the screen or it just stay 'black'.

I am wondering if the switch is getting any juice right now or if you have entered 'RCM' mode because of bad connection with the emmc.

Last edited by BigPanda,

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It stays black, no activity at all. For all intents and purposes it seems completely dead.

I'd been wondering if it could be something like that too (RCM mode) since I know I have an unpatched model where I'm capable of forcing that myself but I'm not really familiar with how it works so I'm unsure

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, progress I think? I plugged it into my computer and do see a device listed as APX which I believe is my Switch in RCM mode, correct?

When I press Volume Up + power the device disappears from my computer but when I try to press power again it appears again...so it definitely seems to be getting stuck in RCM mode when I try to turn it on.

I guess now it's just figuring out a fix. I don't even mind installing CFW or something if I have to (have been considering it for a while anyway), I'm just really worried it's a hardware thing I can't afford to fix.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, progress I think? I plugged it into my computer and do see a device listed as APX which I believe is my Switch in RCM mode, correct?

When I press Volume Up + power the device disappears from my computer but when I try to press power again it appears again...so it definitely seems to be getting stuck in RCM mode when I try to turn it on.

If you want to see if your device is on RCM mode, download TegraRcmGUI from here.

If you take the portable archive, extract the files and install the apx_drivers. Afterward open TegraRcmGUI.exe while your switch is connected to the usb port of your computer.

If you see a green background with RCM O.K written inside, it means that the switch is in RCM mode.

If it is in RCM, you could try launching the hekate payload from here, dump your console keys if possible and then boot to the Original Firmware.

If the issue is a faulty emmc, having the console keys is a good thing so you could get a replacement nand and rebuild it.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to see if your device is on RCM mode, download TegraRcmGUI from here.

If you take the portable archive, extract the files and install the apx_drivers. Afterward open TegraRcmGUI.exe while your switch is connected to the usb port of your computer.

If you see a green background with RCM O.K written inside, it means that the switch is in RCM mode.

Okay I am in fact in RCM mode, so I'm going to try hekate now. Dumping the keys ASAP for sure.

If the emmc is faulty and I dump the keys, I assume I could just replace the NAND and rebuild it like you said, pop it back in and it would be good as new with nothing lost?

I do have some experience with CFW/homebrew back on my 3DS and 2DS but it's been years haha, sorry

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I am in fact in RCM mode, so I'm going to try hekate now. Dumping the keys ASAP for sure.

If the emmc is faulty and I dump the keys, I assume I could just replace the NAND and rebuild it like you said, pop it back in and it would be good as new with nothing lost?

I do have some experience with CFW/homebrew back on my 3DS and 2DS but it's been years haha, sorry

The best would be to also dump your emmc using hekate to have all the files such as saves.
This way you would make sure to loose nothing assuming that the issue is the emmc.

Maybe the nand is just corrupted and the issue is not hardware related. Who knows.

If it is the emmc that is defective, you could use your PRODINFO partition and keys (if you can retrieve those) to build an emunand and just boot the console directly from the emunand.

If possible, you should dump your whole nand + BOOT1/BOOT2 if you are able to do so from Hekate.

Last edited by BigPanda,

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the nand is corrupted that would suck but since I can't afford to replace my entire switch it's an easier fix.

To be clear, so I don't make anything worse, when you say "launch the hecate payload" what did you mean? Completely install hecate on my SD card, use TegraRcmGUI somehow? Just so I'm sure haha

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the nand is corrupted that would suck but since I can't afford to replace my entire switch it's an easier fix.

To be clear, so I don't make anything worse, when you say "launch the hecate payload" what did you mean? Completely install hecate on my SD card, use TegraRcmGUI somehow? Just so I'm sure haha

With TegraRcmGUI just load the hekate_ctcaer_5.6.3.bin payload. No need to put the folder in your SD card.

No Hekate will not install anything.

See this as the first executable the switch will try to boot. It is low-level hardware executable.
It is not permanent, when you exit hekate by launching the Original Firmware, it is gone.

Just ensure you have a SD card in your switch when you boot Hekate so you can dump your nand.

StarCrossedSheep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Hekate will not install anything.

See this as the first executable the switch will try to boot. It is low-level hardware executable.
It is not permanent, when you exit hekate by launching the Original Firmware, it is gone.

Just ensure you have a SD card in your switch when you boot Hekate so you can dump your nand.

Yep yep, got it. So I do "inject payload" through TegraRcmGUI and load Hekate that way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1