Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

D

Deleted-355425

It does sound strange, but people using this method, myself included have not been banned, and people using online headers have been banned, so you can argue the logic of it, but the fact remains, personalized headers don't get banned.
Whether Nintendo can detect mismatched headers is something that no one knows, or will ever know since Nintendo won't disclose, so you might as well stick with something thats proven to work.

As for Nintendo banning private headers, one game can only go online at one time. So as far as Nintendo is concerned no matter how many games you use with your private header, you will only ever be online with the header once at a time, so it becomes much harder to flag.

This is Nintendo's method of weeding out false positives. If someone dumps a header and makes it public then sells the cartridge, then of all the the people that are being banned, there will be one person who is a false positive. This person should own the original cartridge that the flagged header belongs to and should be able to provide Nintendo a image of the cartidge ID that the flagged header belongs to to. In this case, this one person will be removed from the ban list.

would depend if
The header is married up to too many game ID's (back of cart number) then ban (header logged with console id used + when)
or
quantity of console id's using the same header over all (threshold reached and ban from logs)
or
A consoles id using too many headers activity at the same moment in time (active banning)

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would depend if
The header is married up to too many game ID's (back of cart number) then ban (header logged with console id used + when)
or
quantity of console id's using the same header over all (threshold reached and ban from logs)
or
A consoles id using too many headers activity at the same moment in time (active banning)
Regardless of the banning condition, if the end user can produce a physical copy of the blacklisted header cartridge, then they can be unbanned.
Which makes sense that Nintendo is asking for offendors to produce their cartidge IDs.

Which finally calls out all the people who claims to own original cartridges and are only backing up games for safety.

If you go online with a specific header, you should own the cartrige to match that header, and Nintendo is now calling people out on that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
for anything to change i guess the sky3ds team or someone else would have to start knocking out actual bootleg carts so then there is many more people getting banned for unknowingly buying a bootleg cart.......if that happened nintendo would have to re-think their whole ban the whole console scheme, as there could be hundreds of people being banned because nintendo didnt do a good enough job on their own security

D

Deleted-355425

they are possibly checking Header against Game ID and how many console ID's its been played on. That would be an SOB lol.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are possibly checking Header against Game ID and how many console ID's its been played on. That would be an SOB lol.
Which makes overturning bans impossible unless you are actually legit.
But according to these forums, everyone is backing up legit cartridges for safe keeping, so you have nothing to worry about, right. ;)

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
But according to these forums, everyone is backing up legit cartridges for safe keeping, so you have nothing to worry about, right. ;)

yeeeees all legit

latest

Reactions: lemanuel

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Totes. It's just that I back up other peoples' legit cartridges for safe keeping.

:yaynds:

ddrguitarpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't been tracking this for the full 129 pages, but I may have found something interesting.

I checked my original dump of Mario Kart 7 with HxD. I backed up the rom patched with the sky3ds template0216 using DiskWriter 1.05. compared both using HxD and Gateway rom patcher v0.6

I found it peculiar that the diskwriter backup was spitting out the same Cart ID as my original backup in GW rom patcher.

once I looked into the Hex data further, I figured out that the template was only patching the data at 00001400 (00001440 for the cart ID line which uses sky3ds' "public" header for this game) and that the original cart ID also existed on the patched rom at 00001200.

after looking further, the data of the original is dummy data at 00001400, and sky is patching only at that value, leaving the 00001200-000013ff data unmodified, containing both the original header and the sky3ds header below, which do not match. so even if you add a new cart ID in manually to the sky template, nintendo is going to be looking at 00001200 for the rom data, OR PERHAPS EVEN REFERENCING 00001400 TO SEE IF THEIR DATA HAS BEEN INCORRECTLY MODIFIED. My knowledge of hex is pretty minimal, but I know that something is wrong if the old ID is still in the Hex coding after patching it with a template. when using diskwriter, I am setting up an EEPROM save ROM with start sector 0x10000 size 0x200000

I don't know if these values can be changed, but it seems that Gateway ROM Patcher does a better job of rewriting the correct values, and the community's safest bet would be to ditch Sky's Diskwriter altogether and find a better way to write manually patched ROMs 1:1 onto the inaccessible partition of the Sky3ds MicroSD.

EDIT: apparently I'm not the first to discover this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/ post 6

da1e85

Trophies
XP
Also a sky user played everyday online from before the bans started until now still no ban played on my n3ds all the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7