Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

dbcliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ah i got some bad news from chinese forum TIEBA, that one guy who only played cia games recently got banned.
He sad he switched to cia since Feb.3, and he used 3dz format to play online before.
So maybe it means no matter what format we are using now, we are still likely to be banned as long as we've used 3dz.

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah i got some bad news from chinese forum TIEBA, that one guy who only played cia games recently got banned.
He sad he switched to cia since Feb.3, and he used 3dz format to play online before.
So maybe it means no matter what format we are using now, we are still likely to be banned as long as we've used 3dz.

IM AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!! Anyway,any sort of confirmation of this? Pics or anything, if not thanks for the update, I'm sure .cia users will appreciate it.

Actually xps2 just quoted my post, but thanks for integrating it into the opening post! :)

I updated my list after angelc54's report.

Corrected, thanks :)

Reactions: MrJason005

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is only an assumption (like everything else speculated in this thread) but just switching 5 or so days ago just means Nintendo probably has been watching for a while.

dbcliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
IM AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!! Anyway,any sort of confirmation of this? Pics or anything, if not thanks for the update, I'm sure .cia users will appreciate it.

Corrected, thanks :)

His original words are "I use cia and i m banned. I switched to cia on Feb.3, and I found my 3ds banned yesterday."[ Apologize for my poor english and translation:( ]
I'm not so sure when he exactly got banned. Maybe he just got banned not too long after using 3dz, but discovered it too late. So do not be too worried. We need more confirmation.

This is only an assumption (like everything else speculated in this thread) but just switching 5 or so days ago just means Nintendo probably has been watching for a while.
Right! I think we guys not banned had better switch to cia (still safer than 3dz anyway), keep away from online playing and wait for answers from nintendo.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
His original words are "I use cia and i m banned. I switched to cia on Feb.3, and I found my 3ds banned yesterday."[ Apologize for my poor english and translation:( ]
I'm not so sure when he exactly got banned. Maybe he just got banned not too long after using 3dz, but discovered it too late. So do not be too worried. We need more confirmation.
Yikes! This better not be true. I've NEVER used 3DZ but they MAY be checking for a history log of some sort.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. Looks like all the confirmed banned users have been using 3DS roms with public headers. The one rom I use online mainly is a personal dump of my Alpha Sapphire game. I no longer own the game though as I had to sell it to Gamestop to pay for fixing my other 3DS that got bricked.

I'm assuming CIA files will be safer to use online. I've already converted my Pokemon games to CIA installs as I discovered that using SaveDataFiler on them wasn't a big of a pain as I thought it would be. (turns out, you just need to use R+X to delete the "Secure Value" prior to importing a modified save. That way you don't get that "Save is not compatible" error when the game boots up. :D )

CIAs don't use headers, so it will be more difficult for Nintendo to detect them and the bans that have been going on seem to be aimed towards Sky3DS users using public headers. (I would assume this could impact Gateway users too, but most of them would be using CIAs anyway)

Just a day ago I took a modified Omega Ruby rom online for a hackmon FFA session. (my personal header for Alpha Sapphire is compatible with it) and did not have any issues. Of coarse I'm not stupid enough to try and take my hackmons onto rated battles on Battle Spot. That's straight up cheating and I don't do that. :P

For those curious as to how my hackmons work online, the trick is creating new mega evolutions. There's certain things about how the game handles online games that allows the "host" to define the stats of pokemon as well as mega evolutions. I've only done this in FFAs with other people that have been made aware of it and agreed to it. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want any one with ill intent to attempt this. :P

Long story short that hasn't caused issues for me either. I'm guessing bans will occur for public headers for 3DS roms that are mass distributed via torrents/rom sites and those will be easy for Nintendo to spot.

I'm pretty sure CIA/Private Header users will be safe from this. Even those using "modified" roms online. Given that they are careful with what they use them for. ;)

I can already see the great decline of Sky3DS users starting. More and more of them will start getting banned from online games and the only solution for them is to buy a whole new console and perhaps even have to make a new NNID. Sky3DS can't simply make a new card with a different colored button to get around this.

Then the next major firmware update will likely block it. Sky3DS users have the false belief that just because Sky3DS survived the last few updates, that it will survive the next one are living in blissful ignorance and will be in for a shock.

I still believe 10.0 firmware or one soon after that will block Sky3DS entirely. Mark my words! I don't see very many buying yet another $100 Sky3DS with a new colored button to get around the block. This on top of the online bans will really hurt Sky3DS.
Really dude, people have said it will be blocked in the last 5 updates and nothing has happened...

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
...so basically stay away from 3dz files and public headers? Do we know if the 3dz he used had a public header or not?
I am skeptical about .cia getting users banned tho, I find the most likely situation to be Nintendo had logs of him using a .3dz that may have a header that was shared.
In fact, they may have logged hundreds of people who have used a public header by now (including ALL Sky3ds users who ever went online). I'm sure it's very easy to pinpoint the most used header because so many users are using them!

We are about to have a ton of banned 3Ds! :(

G-STAR01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...so basically stay away from 3dz files and public headers? Do we know if the 3dz he used had a public header or not?
I am skeptical about .cia getting users banned tho, I find the most likely situation to be Nintendo had logs of him using a .3dz that may have a header that was shared.
In fact, they may have logged hundreds of people who have used a public header by now (including ALL Sky3ds users who ever went online). I'm sure it's very easy to pinpoint the most used header because so many users are using them!

We are about to have a ton of banned 3Ds! :(

I've read all 52 pages :wtf:
From what I gather, .3dz with private headers & .cia are both fine so far.
The users that have been banned were using public headers.
There's no way to be sure how they're detecting them or whether private headers & .cia will be fine.
We know .cia don't use headers but I think it might be equally easy for Nintendo to compare it to ur shop purchases, all speculation ofc.
So if ur using .3dz with public headers, it's a good idea to switch to either private headers or .cia, or stay offline altogether to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Doran754 and aCot+

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Really dude, people have said it will be blocked in the last 5 updates and nothing has happened...

Actually, I think this is Nintendo's way of "blocking" Sky3DS. Since they probably know it uses public headers by default, they are doing this to make users buy another 3DS and just buy the ONLINE games legit.

So I'd say Sky3DS is "partially" blocked, at least with going online. Soon the whole card will be blocked and the system won't be able to go online, therefore making the 3DS almost useless to some people who value online 3DS stuff more than other things.

Devrim

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is traffic between the 3DS and online gaming encrypted? If not we could just capture the data and see what info they send to the servers/nintendo.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I think this is Nintendo's way of "blocking" Sky3DS. Since they probably know it uses public headers by default, they are doing this to make users buy another 3DS and just buy the ONLINE games legit.

So I'd say Sky3DS is "partially" blocked, at least with going online. Soon the whole card will be blocked and the system won't be able to go online, therefore making the 3DS almost useless to some people who value online 3DS stuff more than other things.
And all of a sudden, every single GW user can see into the future.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He didn't even mention GW, stop with the fanboyism. He mentioned Sky because they use public headers, take it as a warning not a shot.
I own a Sky3DS and I know the gateway is a better card so I'm not biased but people need to stop saying "it's gonna be patched in 9.x and 10.x" because they've been saying that ever since the SkY3DS came out and nothing has happened.

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
And all of a sudden, every single GW user can see into the future.

Uh... I bought a GW for myself and my sis has a QQ3DS lol
No fangirl here. I don't stick behind brands I just go with what works. Y'all need to chill lol

" "it's gonna be patched in 9.x and 10.x"

Also I never said this. I said it would probably be patched in the future to not work. No timeframe given, but knowing Nintendo they probably have something planned already.

Reactions: Nurio
D

Deleted-355425

most online ready roms have public headers so both gateway and sky3ds are a bit sketchy right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris