Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Banning people from playing on the most half assed online ecosystem ever isnt going to stop a pirate from doing his thing.
It's also the most effective countermeasure.
Sky3DS can get around blocks by releasing an updated cart. There's no way they can bypass console bans though.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know what Nintendo will say about the error 002-0102 from what one person said about being banned. Seems like speculation currently, but there is a risk of playing pirated media online.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also the most effective countermeasure.
Sky3DS can get around blocks by releasing an updated cart. There's no way they can bypass console bans though.
It is only a counter measure to those who value online play on the 3ds. I could get banned right now and not a single shit would be given. I am pretty confident im not the only one who doesnt much care for pokemon or smash online!

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is only a counter measure to those who value online play on the 3ds. I could get banned right now and not a single shit would be given. I am pretty confident im not the only one who doesnt much care for pokemon or smash online!
But monster hunter. We don't have a WiiU version this time around. It's the only reason I do care. Like I've mentioned before I preordered the collectors edition, but I really wanted to keep it sealed.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But monster hunter. We don't have a WiiU version this time around. It's the only reason I do care. Like I've mentioned before I preordered the collectors edition, but I really wanted to keep it sealed.
I tried to play one on the psp years ago and was just mind fucked haha, but I understand. My 360 was banned years ago and bought a replacement just to keep playing Street Fighter IV....so I totally get it. I have not found a reason to care about 3ds online to this point tho sadly.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play one on the psp years ago and was just mind fucked haha, but I understand. My 360 was banned years ago and bought a replacement just to keep playing Street Fighter IV....so I totally get it. I have not found a reason to care about 3ds online to this point tho sadly.
I feel it broski. I bought a 360 again just recently for Ultra. Then it came out on PC so it collects dust. But Monster Hunter is not for the faint of heart. It's much like dark souls but slightly more forgiving.

On topic.
I really don't think they are just banning pirates. I think there is something going on that is sticking out extra hard. They are cracking down for sure but I have gone online several times now in Fantasy Life over the past 3 or 4 days and I'm still fine.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
The two people in that area was OP and M.Z. both using public headers confirmed. Not sure what you read.
Reread and you're right. Private headers may still be safe.

There's already a known workaround for Card1 saves to work with SaveDataFiler.
Just rename the save file to 000400000FF40A00.sav (seems to be SaveDataFiler's ID, so that save data will be loaded when you run it).
Wonderful, so there's really not much reason not to make the switch to .cia if only just to feel a little more secure.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel it broski. I bought a 360 again just recently for Ultra. Then it came out on PC so it collects dust. But Monster Hunter is not for the faint of heart. It's much like dark souls but slightly more forgiving.

On topic.
I really don't think they are just banning pirates. I think there is something going on that is sticking out extra hard. They are cracking down for sure but I have gone online several times now in Fantasy Life over the past 3 or 4 days and I'm still fine.
Dark Souls and to a lesser extent Dark Souls 2 have been my major obsession as of late so maybe ill give Monster Hunter a chance! Alright I am done being off topic we have Gateway threads for that :P

On topic, I have never played a game online, accessed online features or even visited areas in game to purchase dlc. I am totally an online virgin. Anything any of you want me to try out and I can post results? I wont cry if I get banned so let me know.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

On topic.

ONLY ever when online to play Smash and Mario Kart. I'm not even sure what other games even have half way decent online that just not leader boards.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONLY ever when online to play Smash and Mario Kart. I'm not even sure what other games even have half way decent online that just not leader boards.
MH4/U/G, Smash 4, MK7, Pokemon, Animal Crossing. These games all have some kind of randomized hookup to meet players. I cannot think of any other games that do. Pokemon especially checks your game hard however. It checks pokemon you send, use in battles, etc.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm staying offline until there's some kind of workaround, Omega Ruby is full of people using full teams of legends anyways

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm staying offline until there's some kind of workaround, Omega Ruby is full of people using full teams of legends anyways

yep... for that I can't play pokemon online :( combat of 3, Mega-Rayquaza, Kyogre-orbed, Groudon-orbed. all Shiny...

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep... for that I can't play pokemon online :( combat of 3, Mega-Rayquaza, Kyogre-orbed, Groudon-orbed. all Shiny...
Why are you guys playing free battle? it's your own fault. Play ratings. Those legends are all banned.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Really? That's super upsetting.

Why are you guys playing free battle? it's your own fault. Play ratings. Those legends are all banned​
NVM, that's good news.​

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? That's super upsetting.

NVM, that's good news.​

Eh, not really. I do well either way, it's just gets old seeing the same thing over and over, not that I can't handle it.

Why are you guys playing free battle? it's your own fault. Play ratings. Those legends are all banned.

I play a little bit of everything, though, it's not often I play free battle specifically because of that

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Looks like all the confirmed banned users have been using 3DS roms with public headers. The one rom I use online mainly is a personal dump of my Alpha Sapphire game. I no longer own the game though as I had to sell it to Gamestop to pay for fixing my other 3DS that got bricked.

I'm assuming CIA files will be safer to use online. I've already converted my Pokemon games to CIA installs as I discovered that using SaveDataFiler on them wasn't a big of a pain as I thought it would be. (turns out, you just need to use R+X to delete the "Secure Value" prior to importing a modified save. That way you don't get that "Save is not compatible" error when the game boots up. :D )

CIAs don't use headers, so it will be more difficult for Nintendo to detect them and the bans that have been going on seem to be aimed towards Sky3DS users using public headers. (I would assume this could impact Gateway users too, but most of them would be using CIAs anyway)

Just a day ago I took a modified Omega Ruby rom online for a hackmon FFA session. (my personal header for Alpha Sapphire is compatible with it) and did not have any issues. Of coarse I'm not stupid enough to try and take my hackmons onto rated battles on Battle Spot. That's straight up cheating and I don't do that. :P

For those curious as to how my hackmons work online, the trick is creating new mega evolutions. There's certain things about how the game handles online games that allows the "host" to define the stats of pokemon as well as mega evolutions. I've only done this in FFAs with other people that have been made aware of it and agreed to it. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want any one with ill intent to attempt this. :P

Long story short that hasn't caused issues for me either. I'm guessing bans will occur for public headers for 3DS roms that are mass distributed via torrents/rom sites and those will be easy for Nintendo to spot.

I'm pretty sure CIA/Private Header users will be safe from this. Even those using "modified" roms online. Given that they are careful with what they use them for. ;)

I can already see the great decline of Sky3DS users starting. More and more of them will start getting banned from online games and the only solution for them is to buy a whole new console and perhaps even have to make a new NNID. Sky3DS can't simply make a new card with a different colored button to get around this.

Then the next major firmware update will likely block it. Sky3DS users have the false belief that just because Sky3DS survived the last few updates, that it will survive the next one are living in blissful ignorance and will be in for a shock.

I still believe 10.0 firmware or one soon after that will block Sky3DS entirely. Mark my words! I don't see very many buying yet another $100 Sky3DS with a new colored button to get around the block. This on top of the online bans will really hurt Sky3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol: kinda agree on that one