Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Interesting. Looks like all the confirmed banned users have been using 3DS roms with public headers. The one rom I use online mainly is a personal dump of my Alpha Sapphire game. I no longer own the game though as I had to sell it to Gamestop to pay for fixing my other 3DS that got bricked.

I'm assuming CIA files will be safer to use online. I've already converted my Pokemon games to CIA installs as I discovered that using SaveDataFiler on them wasn't a big of a pain as I thought it would be. (turns out, you just need to use R+X to delete the "Secure Value" prior to importing a modified save. That way you don't get that "Save is not compatible" error when the game boots up. :D )

CIAs don't use headers, so it will be more difficult for Nintendo to detect them and the bans that have been going on seem to be aimed towards Sky3DS users using public headers. (I would assume this could impact Gateway users too, but most of them would be using CIAs anyway)

Just a day ago I took a modified Omega Ruby rom online for a hackmon FFA session. (my personal header for Alpha Sapphire is compatible with it) and did not have any issues. Of coarse I'm not stupid enough to try and take my hackmons onto rated battles on Battle Spot. That's straight up cheating and I don't do that. :P

For those curious as to how my hackmons work online, the trick is creating new mega evolutions. There's certain things about how the game handles online games that allows the "host" to define the stats of pokemon as well as mega evolutions. I've only done this in FFAs with other people that have been made aware of it and agreed to it. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want any one with ill intent to attempt this. :P

Long story short that hasn't caused issues for me either. I'm guessing bans will occur for public headers for 3DS roms that are mass distributed via torrents/rom sites and those will be easy for Nintendo to spot.

I'm pretty sure CIA/Private Header users will be safe from this. Even those using "modified" roms online. Given that they are careful with what they use them for. ;)

I can already see the great decline of Sky3DS users starting. More and more of them will start getting banned from online games and the only solution for them is to buy a whole new console and perhaps even have to make a new NNID. Sky3DS can't simply make a new card with a different colored button to get around this.

Then the next major firmware update will likely block it. Sky3DS users have the false belief that just because Sky3DS survived the last few updates, that it will survive the next one are living in blissful ignorance and will be in for a shock.

I still believe 10.0 firmware or one soon after that will block Sky3DS entirely. Mark my words! I don't see very many buying yet another $100 Sky3DS with a new colored button to get around the block. This on top of the online bans will really hurt Sky3DS.

another "mark my words", another "assumption" for sky3ds block future update Hoammm it getting boring..... AFK (playing smash mario kart 7 on sky3ds ONLINE)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
another "mark my words", another "assumption" for sky3ds block future update Hoammm it getting boring..... AFK (playing smash mario kart 7 on sky3ds ONLINE)

I don't really care if you are using Sky3DS right now. I was just making a very common sense "assumption" that is based on the fact that all flashcarts before Sky3DS have been blocked by Nintendo. There's nothing particularly special about Sky3DS that would be the exception. Only that it will take a bit longer for them to block it. That's all. Stop with the fanboyish posts. It's getting really stupid. I'm not trying to harp on Gateway either despite them being the decent alternative right now. If there was something else better I'd use that instead of Gateway. But that's just how the scene is right now.

Even Gateway has not escaped firmware blocks. They just have a more complicated method of getting around them. Sky3DS just works in a different away and because of that, they can't get around blocks as easily and the current hardware isn't updatable, so they have to release a whole new card to get around firmware blocks.

Please don't start a stupid Sky3DS vs Gateway argument. We have enough of that crap in the forum right now.

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The hammers coming for ya, better be shaking in your boots. :P

NOPE....not even one bit ive been playing online a week and my 3ds never offline....thx for your warning tho...

I don't really care if you are using Sky3DS right now. I was just making a very common sense "assumption" that is based on the fact that all flashcarts before Sky3DS have been blocked by Nintendo. There's nothing particularly special about Sky3DS that would be the exception. Only that it will take a bit longer for them to block it. That's all. Stop with the fanboyish posts. It's getting really stupid. I'm not trying to harp on Gateway either despite them being the decent alternative right now. If there was something else better I'd use that instead of Gateway. But that's just how the scene is right now.

Even Gateway has not escaped firmware blocks. They just have a more complicated method of getting around them. Sky3DS just works in a different away and because of that, they can't get around blocks as easily and the current hardware isn't updatable, so they have to release a whole new card to get around firmware blocks.

Please don't start a stupid Sky3DS vs Gateway argument. We have enough of that crap in the forum right now.

lol....i dont even said one word against gw....but youve said much but sky3ds so i assume you are care bout sky3ds...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
lol....i dont even said one word against gw....but youve said much but sky3ds so i assume you are care bout sky3ds...

That's not what I'm getting at. You just make the usual "haha, I'm not banned/blocked because I got Sky3DS" type post that is obviously meant to brag and cause unneeded arguments. I don't go around bragging that I'm using Gateway. I would hope you won't do the same.

jkoodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i dunno but i think logically using cartridge in classic mode is more safer (but no guarantee)
and if public header is the issue
than like my previous post
what about people that buy second hand cartridge that had been dumped
and taken it's header? well if they got banned somehow
Nintendo will be in big problem

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That's not what I'm getting at. You just make the usual "haha, I'm not banned because I got Sky3DS" type post that is obviously meant to brag and cause unneeded arguments. I don't go around bragging that I'm using Gateway. I would hope you won't do the same.

hoaammm...from what i see this thread is bout banned issue....and me im not far from this thread topic.... done and finish...me not bragging..just so you know from every words i wrote in this thread.....

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since everyone here simply likes to speculate why not actually call Nintendo and asked them what this error number is for? The OP didn't seem to get much info why she called. If youre wondering why your nnid still works its because that's moderated by a third party company.

BTW this error code as popped up before in the past. if youre banned and have a hardware mod(with backup), format and fully update you sysnand, then try a retail game online.

BaNaNa01011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hoaammm...from what i see this thread is bout banned issue....and me im not far from this thread topic.... done and finish...me not bragging..just so you know from every words i wrote in this thread.....

Where did you learn to type like that? It's barely legible

Since everyone here simply likes to speculate why not actually call Nintendo and asked them what this error number is for? The OP didn't seem to get much info why she called. If youre wondering why your nnid still works its because that's moderated by a third party company.

BTW this error code as popped up before in the past. if youre banned and have a hardware mod(with backup), format and fully update you sysnand, then try a retail game online.

The OP already said that they have to wait 5 days for full information in the first post

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So from what we know, if you have a Gateway you should be using .cia files. There's really no reason not to. I know some saves won't transfer over which sucks. But I'm pretty sure that Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and other card2 games can be transferred. It's really not worth the risk to use .3dz files. Especially if they're banning public and private headers.
I'd really like to play Pokemon X with my save, but it's 6.X encryption and I can't use it... Can I transfer it to a .CIA?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What have we learned after 50 pages concerning the supposed "bans" that Ninty is handing out?

1. The only people who were banned were allegedly using public headers, which might be what caused the ban.
  2. CIAs and private headers appear to be safe for now.
  3. The ban appears to be a hardware ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/florida/2024/06/15/man-arrested-as-florida-deputies-find-human-...