Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just played Mario Golf and Smash Bros online, both using the most obvious public header, the MGS3 one. No problem whatsoever.
Those who were 'banned' are probably Pokémon cheaters.

Where did you read all the banned people played pokemon to begin with?

It's probably random bans based on several rules, like they do for other systems, PS3/360, and those people got unlucky.

Might change nothing but as I said upper, I rolled back to 9.4 personally, only took two minutes to do.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's probably random bans based on several rules, like they do for other systems, PS3/360, and those people got unlucky.

Might change nothing but as I said upper, I rolled back to 9.4 personally, only took two minutes to do.
Two of the people who are banned did stuff in pokemon. They are the only ones confirming anything thus far.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo already have a filter for the pokemon hack so it wouldn't require a ban at all (lot of bad hacked pokemons are refused by the pokebank/in-game trade/in-game battle).

And even if it would require one, it would only ban pokemon players then, not Smash Bros players for example.

It's not because someone, for example, say "I played pokemon then got banned" that it mean this specific game banned him, could have been the same with any other games (as said before, some got banned with "Smash Bros").

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

No, I didn't read that. I just assumed it was something related to that. Maybe they cheated before and got flagged, and just got banned now.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through the thread and I understand that the solution seems to use your own, private header. So I have three questions.
1. Does it matter which game you get the header from if it's going to be a general-purpose header?
2. How would I extract the header from a retail game without a Gateway?
3. How would I make my games use this header on Sky3DS?

These questions were alluded to, but I don't think they've been fully answered.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then, you don't seem to know that even the real carts are flooded with hacked pokemons, as you can get some from Wonder Trade/GTS without even knowing/asking for them, so they would definitively not ban for that, because then they would need to ban legit users who asked nothing.

Not to also mention PowerSaves exist since long ago, and no one never get banned for using it or we would have heard of it.

I would rather think Nintendo now detect if an header is a legit one or not, and ban if it's not a legit one (which would explain why even some private headers got banned).

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through the thread and I understand that the solution seems to use your own, private header. So I have three questions.
1. Does it matter which game you get the header from if it's going to be a general-purpose header?

Any should work
Use the gateway rom patcher in which is in their download package
I heard you can change the temp file for the sky3ds with a hex editor or something after resaving it as a txt file, but I don't know for sure as I don't have one.

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan

Regarding the first one nobody knows if they can detect which header came from which game.

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I didn't read that. I just assumed it was something related to that. Maybe they cheated before and got flagged, and just got banned now.

I can assure you I've never cheated at Pokemon. I don't even know how to. Infact there's several posts around this forum from me bitching about cheaters. I never battle online because when your playing 6 shiny legendaries with 7IVS what's the damn point. So yeah, you're wrong.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can assure you I've never cheated at Pokemon. I don't even know how to. Infact there's several posts around this forum from me bitching about cheaters. I never battle online because when your playing 6 shiny legendaries with 7IVS what's the damn point. So yeah, you're wrong.
Well first pokemon only have 6 stats and max IVs don't mean you will just lose. I know how to use gateway to make pokemon and let me tell you, it doesn't work that way. You can manually set the stats but they won't let them go online if they don't pass a check.

Also if you play rating battles a chunk of legendaries that are stupid strong are banned.

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Don't you share anything with someone who cheated? Like the header or something that could be the same as other person?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With all IVs at 31, yeah those people definitively cheat xD

Best you can have in the last game for a legendary one is 3 IVs at 31 (shiny or not, the shiny just depend about how much you reset, for example, I got a Shiny Terrakion after 1277 resets xD) but then it's not impossible at all to have a full shiny legendary team, it's just awfully time consuming xD

Do you have a retail game to test in classic mode, to see if the whole emunand is banned? Would be curious to know if the whole system is banned or just emunand (as emunand have a different friend code if it's unliked). If yes, the fix would just to have a backup before the ban then restore the emunand?

If it's a system ban directly with a unique ID/serial, then nothing can be done, of course.

Well first pokemon only have 6 stats and max IVs don't mean you will just lose. I know how to use gateway to make pokemon and let me tell you, it doesn't work that way. You can manually set the stats but they won't let them go online if they don't pass a check.

Also if you play rating battles a chunk of legendaries that are stupid strong are banned.

All IVs at 31 are authorized, as it's pretty easy to get legit.

About EVs, they shouldn't overcome 510, which is the official limit, or they are refused from what I read.

So, you're right about the fact that hacked pokemons can't be better than legit ones.

For the battles, I think he talks about randomb battles, which follow Nintendo rules so no pokemon bans. You can only use rules with someone that know them.

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you share anything with someone who cheated? Like the header or something that could be the same as other person?

I give the exact .3dz rom I had to my friend because he's clueless, but as far as im aware he doesn't even go online with it, he beats the elite four and thats it, he even refused to battle me. The header I was using was either -AGGE or -BALE, no idea which they are, It's possible someone has been using the same header and same rom etc, but with me using a public header, I'd expect more than the 7 or so people to come forward and say it's happened to them. I really don't know what it's forward, I think I battled online once against someone I actually knew, and my highest level was around 17 as i'd only just started lol
The only explanation I have is my stupid secret base greeting, which is just so unlikely, or the fact someone was cheating who was using one of those two shared headers. I know the e-mail has gone out though, so will find out soon enough from NoE.

lol come on dude, I've no idea what the heck you're talking about, I have a very limited idea of what IV's are, but you get the point I was making, theres to many cheaters. Online is boring to me, there's way to many people who are genuinely better and way to many people who cheat, the only thing I would use online for is trading as I tend to enjoy trying to capture em' all. Thanks for trying to explain it though :)

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all IVs at 31, yeah those people definitively cheat xD

Best you can have in the last game for a legendary one is 3 IVs at 31 (shiny or not, the shiny just depend about how much you reset, for example, I got a Shiny Terrakion after 1277 resets xD) but then it's not impossible at all to have a full shiny legendary team, it's just awfully time consuming xD

Do you have a retail game to test in classic mode, to see if the whole emunand is banned? Would be curious to know if the whole system is banned or just emunand (as emunand have a different friend code if it's unliked). If yes, the fix would just to have a backup before the ban then restore the emunand?

If it's a system ban directly with a unique ID/serial, then nothing can be done, of course.

Not sure why you think this. For starters all legendaries are assured at least 3 max IVs on capture at random and you can reset for 6 max. Rare of course, but possible. For regular pokemon you can easily chain breed a pokemon into 6 IVs. I have legit 5 and 6 IV shinies I bred as well. Can't say I have not edited a bred pokemon to be shiny but 6 IVs is completely easy to do since X/Y.

Don't just assume everyone cheats because they have a 6IV pokemon. Breeding is easy and all legends are assured to have at least 3 in ORAS.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed...though my SD card is getting full because of them and I have to unwrap them EVERY time I reboot emunand

You can fix the unwrapping issue by simply unlinking your sysnand/emunand. Format sysnand without an SD card in, and you're good to go ;) It'll also fix the icon rearranging issue. At least it did for me.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
agreed...though my SD card is getting full because of them and I have to unwrap them EVERY time I reboot emunand

inb4 the scene starts to work on MAC ID spoofer ala: PSN ban override

Unlink your emunand from your sysnand and you won't have to unwrap them after every reboot.

To do that : Go to sysnand, go to settings, go to format and remove the SD Card from the 3DS, then hit format (it'll ask to connect to internet, don't worry, it won't offer you to update the firmware). Once it's formated, the 3DS will reboot. Once it's rebooted, put the SD Card back in the 3DS, configure it again and here you go. Your emunand is now unliked and gifts will stay open, it'll be able to have it's own menu, own wifi slots configurations, etc...

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna what are your questions?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Morganna what are your questions?