Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing on the gateway site so I don't recommend anyone clicking on that dodgy ass looking link lol
Gyazo is an image hosting link. It's harmless.
Well, this is a message from team gateway:

http://gyazo.com/7d0c1aa4af9666dc40ff99edd483f37b

I chuckled.

so... should everyone just avoid 9.5 emunand and say on 9.4 to go online with public headers or private headers are the way to go?

P.S. also damn it will gateway team come through before the 13th for N3DS XL support? im contemplating whether I should trade mine in or not for the $100 store credit.

First ban in question was on 9.4 I believe. No one is safe.

He did say he updated to 9.5 but the ban would have probably taken place a few days prior in the system as the update is only a few days old as is.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People who have reported this error were in various kinds of emunand. It's not related to firmware version..

Are you sure?

The list I saw show 9.5 for most of them, and pretty weird that it's started to appear just after the 9.5 release.

Might not be related but I would advice to roll back on emunand 9.4 if you can. I don't often play online but as I have a backup of my 9.4 emunand, I'll roll back to see if it change something.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure?

The list I saw show 9.5 for most of them, and pretty weird that it's started to appear just after the 9.5 release.

Might not be related but I would advice to roll back on emunand 9.4 if you can. I don't often play online but as I have a backup of my 9.4 emunand, I'll roll back to see if it change something.

There was definitely someone near the beginning on 9.4.

BaNaNa01011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure?

Yes. The OP on the first page of this thread stated he was not on emunand 9.5 when he got banned. It was only after he was banned that he updated

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it was for another not-related reason, we can't really know.

Then, everyone do what he wants, but I'll roll back personally, though I use a private header and don't often play online, I don't need the eshop at all and have a backup (I do one each time before updating)

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is a header problem then chances are Nintendo had the ability to do this day 1. They chose not to because piracy was not so bad. The community got a lot bigger when 9.2 was a thing for gateway. Maybe they didn't feel it was an issue until now.

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just played Mario Golf and Smash Bros online, both using the most obvious public header, the MGS3 one. No problem whatsoever.
Those who were 'banned' are probably Pokémon cheaters.

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record Nintendo also confirmed my ban as well. Although the cs reps have no control over or even info behind the ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol