Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would nintendo be able to tell if you were using cia's that you packaged from 3ds roms online, since it uses your system header instead of a public header like a 3dz?

Reactions: Lordjontan

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No, but they could easily check your eshop account to see if you actually purchased the titles you're running as CIA.

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should really read the TOS. Nintendo even stated day 1 if they want to they can brick your console. You are at a loss champ.

I have read their EULA, their Eshop Terms and Conditions, and their network agreement none of these agreements are extremely long so there is not that much to them. Nintendo can't legally killswitch your console (even if their terms said they could they still couldn't). Even trying to softbrick products sold to consumers has been a legal hotspot for companies in the past.

Whoever brought Steam in this is arguing the opposite, because steam works the same way. The only way you lose access to your games is for money related issues such as fraud.

Cheating or using keys from other regions only gets you VAC banned or banned from steam servers. Also that single key can be revoked.

Regardless, that's all irrelevant as all I'm trying to do is point out that an NNID ban would be pointless.

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone that was banned on an unlinked emunand attempted wiping / upgrading a new emunand and testing online again?

D

Deleted-355425

I have read their EULA, their Eshop Terms and Conditions, and their network agreement none of these agreements are extremely long so there is not that much to them. Nintendo can't legally killswitch your console (even if their terms said they could they still couldn't). Even trying to softbrick products sold to consumers has been a legal hotspot for companies in the past.

Whoever brought Steam in this is arguing the opposite, because steam works the same way. The only way you lose access to your games is for money related issues such as fraud.

Cheating or using keys from other regions only gets you VAC banned or banned from steam servers. Also that single key can be revoked.

Regardless, that's all irrelevant as all I'm trying to do is point out that an NNID ban would be pointless.

ignore the ignorant people on here, keep up the research :)

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Has anyone that was banned on an unlinked emunand attempted wiping / upgrading a new emunand and testing online again?
i think that would solve the problem..idk if it's strange or not but i noticed that when i formatted my emunand my FC changed so i think formatting it might solve the problem..we need someone to test this !

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing I'd like to add, this is probably obvious to some people but I hadn't used these features before:
Systems like local/infrared wireless in games like Pokemon and Super Smash (I don't know about others) still work for me because they don't require me to access the Nintendo Network.

Honestly the lag was too bad for me to play Smash over network anyways, so this really doesn't bother me very much.

C00kies0fD00m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its always a Cat and Mouse game with NOA and the like. I just hope they're not keeping some log file with headers offline and then the minute you connect to the network it autobans you. They might also be able to implement a black list sometime in the future of known public headers.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about people who run .cias from out-of-region? I play a EUR Fantasy Life online (NA console), so far so good, but who knows! I don't think .cia folks have anything to worry about, but I don't know for 110% certainty.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/10/nintendo-can-remotely-brick-your-3ds-after-flash-card-use/

Bad news for those that plan on using a flash card with their 3DS -- if Nintendo detects that you've been dabbing with one, the company might send a firmware update that could possibly brick your system.
Basically they could send an update, detect flash carts, and body your 3DS free.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I have played a lot of online games in .cia format.

No ban so far, can still go online with my .cia format games.

Not gonna try going online with .3ds roms ^^

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That article is over 3 years old and was based on a misinterpretation of the ToS Nintendo had for the 3DS at the time. Remotely bricking systems is a legal grey area in the USA and perhaps outright illegal in other countries. I doubt Nintendo would purposely do that. They just include that in their ToS, so that those who brick their 3DS using "unauthorized devices" (like for example when my dumbass bricked my 3DS trying to update sysnand with a Super Smash Bros. rom. :P ), they can't be sued for it. :P

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/10/nintendo-can-remotely-brick-your-3ds-after-flash-card-use/

Basically they could send an update, detect flash carts, and body your 3DS free.

Of course they have the capacity, but that doesn't mean they will do it. LG has the capacity to brick their wifi-enabled refrigerators if they wanted to.

You can find a clone of that article for every system that has ever had any type of homebrew scene. The fact remains that intentionally destroying the hardware of your consumer just because they use it outside of the bounds you intended would be attributed to nothing but malice.

If Nintendo assumes you are breaking the law, that doesn't give them the right to break the law to get back at you.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom