Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Shameless necrobump just to inform that this ban IS indeed an NNID/MAC address ban as per the official description through Nintendo's official error code list..

002-0102 Cannot access the online service.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Authentication server error.

"Service currently down" Service for this user ID or MAC address has stopped.
This error can be reproduced on the error simulation server.
This error code means that the certificate has been verified and matches the certificate on the server, but the certificate is denied from allowing the console to access the server.

When they say 'user ID', they don't mean necessarily mean the NNID, they mean the user ID of the Friend Service.

Also, MAC Addresses cannot go outside of the local area network (or internal network). They are only broadcasted to switches and routers within one hop. So it won't get past the first router on your network. That's why we have private IPv4 addresses, then they're translated into public IPv4 or IPv6 addresses via network address translation to use on the external network (known as the internet).

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know how MAC addresses work, and they can't be changed either so if your console is "denied" access to the server there is no way to fix it.

Also, isn't your NNID technically still your Friend Service ID albeit in HeX? So that's basically the same thing I assume.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I know how MAC addresses work, and they can't be changed either so if your console is "denied" access to the server there is no way to fix it.

Also, isn't your NNID technically still your Friend Service ID albeit in HeX? So that's basically the same thing I assume.
NNID and Friend Service ID are completely separate IDs. NNID is an ID that contains info of other service account IDs linked to it (including eShop account ID), but it never links with the Friend Service ID. That's why deleting a NNID won't remove your friend list or any Friend Code on the console. But as for eShop account ID, it is changed to authenticate with the NNID it is linked to, after linking it with a NND. That's why unlinking the NNID, as well as deleting the NNID will remove all of the eShop purchases, forcing the console to create a new eShop account ID and then create one on the server when accessing the eShop.

It works pretty much in the same way as Access Control Lists (ACL), as well as Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting with Secure Transport (AAAS). Well actually, it is.

To me, their AAAS system sounds like it has folders within folders, dividing the different services with each ID, like how the 3DS file system works, in a way.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,
Reactions: Majickhat55

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, MAC Addresses cannot go outside of the local area network (or internal network). They are only broadcasted to switches and routers within one hop. So it won't get past the first router on your network. That's why we have private IPv4 addresses, then they're translated into public IPv4 or IPv6 addresses via network address translation to use on the external network (known as the internet).
On an IP level, yes. That doesn't mean Nintendo can't manually send the MAC address as part of the login data and use that as a system identifier.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.