Hacking Error changin nds file name

Mutill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok people so here's the deal. I got Final Fantasy 3 nds file(psy-ff3u.nds or something like that) and Legend of Zelda phantom hourglass. Ok so I didn't like how it looked in my DSTT, and i decided to change both their nds file name and the sav file name. Using common sense, i supposed that in order for the game to read its respective sav file, they need to have the same name, so thats what i did. I changed over 15 file names to make my DSTT look organized and most of the games worked fine but the error here is that when i booted FF 3 or Zelda, everything was fine but it just made a new sav file ignoring the last one.

I checked in the games folder in my microSD card and there were 2 files named Final Fantasy III.sav and the same for zelda game, sav wasnt on caps btw. And also to confirm that both the nds file and the sav file were matching, i pasted the nds file name onto the sav file name, still didnt work.

I'd appreciate if anybody posts the answer to my problem, thanks!
yaynds.gif

Edit: I don't know if this counts but I have the latest firmware just in case anyone thinks the problem is the firmware (1.11 i think)

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mutill said:
Ok people so here's the deal. I got Final Fantasy 3 nds file(psy-ff3u.nds or something like that) and Legend of Zelda phantom hourglass. Ok so I didn't like how it looked in my DSTT, and i decided to change both their nds file name and the sav file name. Using common sense, i supposed that in order for the game to read its respective sav file, they need to have the same name, so thats what i did. I changed over 15 file names to make my DSTT look organized and most of the games worked fine but the error here is that when i booted FF 3 or Zelda, everything was fine but it just made a new sav file ignoring the last one.

I checked in the games folder in my microSD card and there were 2 files named Final Fantasy III.sav and the same for zelda game, sav wasnt on caps btw. And also to confirm that both the nds file and the sav file were matching, i pasted the nds file name onto the sav file name, still didnt work.

I'd appreciate if anybody posts the answer to my problem, thanks!
yaynds.gif

Edit: I don't know if this counts but I have the latest firmware just in case anyone thinks the problem is the firmware (1.11 i think)

They have to be exactly the same, I mean EXACTLY. Case sensitive, and the .sav has to be small, not .SAV.

Mutill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my nds file:Final Fantasy III.nds
This is my sav file:Final Fantasy III.sav

cant find any differences at all

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mutill said:
This is my nds file:Final Fantasy III.nds
This is my sav file:Final Fantasy III.sav

cant find any differences at all

I know this isn't cool, but how about naming them back to the way they were?

Mutill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol that's a good idea but now I have a bigger problem, I have tons of Final Fantasy III.sav files because I just made a bunch of tests to see if it was working and I have no idea which one's the original one.

Thanks for the help, I'll just start a new game, I might have spent 3-4 hours, I can do it again, cya!
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mutill said:
The only time that can happen is when the filesystem is corrupted. At least that's the only time I've ever seen a card allow two files to be named exactly the same thing. Backup your card and reformat. You should be able to rename both games normally after that.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mutill said:
Lol that's a good idea but now I have a bigger problem, I have tons of Final Fantasy III.sav files because I just made a bunch of tests to see if it was working and I have no idea which one's the original one.

Thanks for the help, I'll just start a new game, I might have spent 3-4 hours, I can do it again, cya!
smile.gif

Well usually the first save will be the correct one, not always, but usually. Just back them all up and test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y