Question Error 2002-2634 when inserting cartridge after restoring update. Advice.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by mikefor20, Aug 13, 2019.

1. mikefor20
    OP

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Hi all, okay here's the situation, I decided I would like to make an EmuNand and set my system nand up for online play. I have a backup that I made the first day I hacked my system. I restore this backup. I have four burnt fuses with sets me at 3.0.1 but the backup was only at 3.0. I thought this was no big deal as I still have my Super Mario Odyssey cartridge. I get error 2002 - 2634 each time I insert the cartridge. I assume I burnt my cartridge slot fuse?

How can I install 3.0.1 and hopefully keep my system nand clean enough to go online? Ideas?

2. mikefor20
    OP

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Sorry thread title should say after restoring backup

3. mikefor20
    OP

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Sorry to bump this but I still don't have a solution. Anybody know how to fix this error? Does it mean I burnt my cartridge slot fuse? How do I fix this?

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You can’t downgrade your gamecard reader firmware yet.

Draxzelex likes this.
  5. mikefor20
    OP

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Is that what that error means? What's the best way to proceed? My 3.0 backup is my clean back up. I had planned on up updating with SMO to get back to 3.0 .1 which is where my fuses need to be to start with the official bootloader. Then I was going to update to the newest firmware using.ninty servers.. how can I get to 3.0 .1 or higher without the cartridge slot? And still remain clean? I have SX OS as well as Atmosphere running.. does the Nintendo servers collect information on the status of the cartridge slot fuse? Thank you for your help and advance!

6. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Can you not use choi to update to 3?

7. mikefor20
    OP

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I thought that would leave something on the SysNAND rendering it dirty. Am i mistaken?

8. crazy_p

crazy_p GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    Switzerland
    You forgot to set the NOGC flag in Hekate or Atmosphere. When you started your Switch with a Firmware past 4.1.0 your Card Slot got Updated. So it's only usable past 4.1.0. What you can do is Update your Sysnand to 4.1.0 (without Preserving Fuses, since Caffeine works upto 4.1.0 you can still use the Warmboot Exploit) and then create an Emunand and update it to 8.1.0. Or stay on 3.0.1 (without working Card Slot) and create an Emunand and update it to 8.1.0(-> working Card Slot).

Last edited by crazy_p, Sep 1, 2019
  9. mikefor20
    OP

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    2002-2634 is the GCSlot fuse for sure? What else would i lose updating to 4.1.0? I have an EmuNAND on 8.x and i want to go online with the SysNAND.

Last edited by mikefor20, Sep 1, 2019