Gaming EO3: What guild setup do you have? =]

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished setting up my first party and was just wondering what team and guild layout everyone had going on =] Any advice you could spread around for anyone on here would be great too. So far my first set is: (Front) Gladiator, Hoplite (Back) Monk, Zodiac and an Arbalist. Its pretty basic but its good enough to get me off my feet lol

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have monk for healing I would suggest a royal instead. They have passive healing skills that give HP every round and every battle to your party depending on the royal's state.

I find it more effective then the monk

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Ive heard that before lol im just now trying out a second party setup so I'll try that out =] Although I may keep a monk as well because of the physical/healing balance. Thanx for the advice =D

Oh and could you state your party setup? =]

Funkenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no Etrian Odyssey aficionado by any stretch, but I definitely agree that the Royal's passive healing abilities outclass the Monk quickly. Get the passive heal to level five in order to unlock the after battle heal (granted if the Royal lives through the fight) and once that reaches five you can start putting points into a skill that heals your party as you walk around the labyrinth. Sorry, the ability names escape me at the moment.

But definitely the best thing about the Royal class is that you start with Soul Arrow, which makes killing the Vindicator during the tutorial easy as cake.

Team wise, I'm using:
Hoplite, Buccaneer, Prince
Ninja, Zodiac

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i see what u mean now =D The skills are Royal Veil and Triumphant Cry. They work quite nicely =] Im also using a farmer to change in and out for extra Exp and resources from time to time. I know other people dont like them but i have an Arbalist aswell. Their high piercing and multiple target attacks suit my team well from the back lines =]

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty happy with my setup of Buccaneer and Princess in the front row and Zodiac, Ninja, Monk in the back, though I'm thinking of replacing my monk with a Wildling...maybe an Arbalist. I haven't decided yet. I have a 4 Farmers + 1 Hoplite team for gathering resources as well ^^

Funkenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
I'm pretty happy with my setup of Buccaneer and Princess in the front row and Zodiac, Ninja, Monk in the back, though I'm thinking of replacing my monk with a Wildling...maybe an Arbalist. I haven't decided yet. I have a 4 Farmers + 1 Hoplite team for gathering resources as well ^^

I'd stay away from putting a Ninja and a Wildling in the same party, since the main draw of both classes is to fill the sixth slot.
I personally prefer my Ninja since it allows me to control my sixth slot, though I'm not far enough into the game to know if
later animals summoned by the Wildling can be controlled.

An Arbalist would definitely be solid though.

Heram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think that having 4 farmers is a wise idea if the maximum of the inventory is capped at 60(I dont know if you can have more than 60 anyway), also i think they would be quite weak if you want to gather a bit of everything.
I have Gladiator/Prince/Hoplite (front) and monk/zodiac (back) , i usually switch my zodiac for the farmer and i can go breeze through all floors mostly with the auto without worrying for the beginning.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funkenstein said:
I'd stay away from putting a Ninja and a Wildling in the same party, since the main draw of both classes is to fill the sixth slot.
I personally prefer my Ninja since it allows me to control my sixth slot, though I'm not far enough into the game to know if
later animals summoned by the Wildling can be controlled.

An Arbalist would definitely be solid though.
I've gone with an Arbalist and so far I'm liking her. I may try out Gladiator and Hoplite to see if they fit well in the team and how I play, but I'll probably stick with my Arbalist.

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
I keep a 4 Farmers + 1 Hoplite 'secondary' guild for collecting resources from time to time sweeping the easier floors. Great for buying new weapons and armor.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pichon64 said:
I keep a 4 Farmers + 1 Hoplite 'secondary' guild for collecting resources from time to time sweeping the easier floors. Great for buying new weapons and armor.

Thats a really good idea since they gain extra spoils if u upgrade certain skills =D Plus you could switch in and out a single character if u wanted to level that one up quickly (Because of the exp boost)

Anyway, im doing good with my Monk and Royal setup because it allows me to stay out in the labyrinth longer due to all the healing skills =] Plus with a farmer on that team that means more money and exp. Then if i need a stronger team then all i have to do is add my Zodiac and Hoplite back in and im all good =D

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
wolven9 said:
Anyway, im doing good with my Monk and Royal setup because it allows me to stay out in the labyrinth longer due to all the healing skills =] Plus with a farmer on that team that means more money and exp. Then if i need a stronger team then all i have to do is add my Zodiac and Hoplite back in and im all good =D

We all exchange ideas here...
happy.gif
Now, thanks to you, I have a Royal in the family. I called her (it's a her) 'Royarina', and that's a famous baking powder brand here in Uruguay.
rofl.gif

I'll raise a Zodiac later, just to experiment.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pichon64 said:
wolven9 said:

We all exchange ideas here...
happy.gif
Now, thanks to you, I have a Royal in the family. I called her (it's a her) 'Royarina', and that's a famous baking powder brand here in Uruguay.
rofl.gif

I'll raise a Zodiac later, just to experiment.
Zodiacs are a must have IMO lol especially on monsters with tough armor. And they also make some of the more difficult monsters to kill a breeze if u exploit their elemental weaknesses =]

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original party was....

Gladiator/Monk/Ninja
Zodiac/Arbalist

But i was having an extremely hard time around halfway through 2nd floor. Restarted with...

Gladiator/Monk
Princess/Arbalist/Animalist

So much easier and more fun
biggrin.gif
. (Surprised at how good Prince is, i barely need a healer and im on B4 right now)

Funkenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolven9 said:
Zodiacs are a must have IMO lol especially on monsters with tough armor. And they also make some of the more difficult monsters to kill a breeze if u exploit their elemental weaknesses =]

I find myself almost always having my Zodiac either defending or using melee because I'm such a TP hoarder that I don't use
his spells unless a FOE is nearby or if the mob setup is a hard hitter. I might end of switching him for an Arbalist.

But I'm grinding the bird from the lighthouse anyways, so it won't be an issue till I get back into the labyrinth.

Heram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's true the zodiac is useless without the spells at the beginning but hit harder than all the team when he ends up using them (on weaknesses of course) but still he uses up his tp a bit too fast.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno, Zodiac's just dont seem very useful to me until the point where you either can buy tons of TP restoring items, or have an extremely high amount of its skills unlocked (Like 20+, when you have a decent TP pool).

I swapped out my Zodiac for a Animalist, and im loving it. Even its plain attacks hit pretty hard, and the summons REALLY make some enemies/FOE's a breeze.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Running two teams atm to try things out.

Team 1:
Princess, Hoplite,
Zodiac, Ninja, Arbalist

Team 2:
Monk, Gladiator
Ninja, Arbalist, Zodiac

Spec Team: 5 Farmers, to gather money~! :3

I currently prefer the first team, since I had no trouble with that one so far, but I died a few times with the second...

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the thing with the Zodiac is that if you only use his TP skills when there needed then you'll do just fine. And certain monster drop special items if u hit them with the right attack. I found him very useful if u just leave his spells at the lowest level and add a few more TP points then u would usually add at first and he will work wonders =D A level 1 skill will do twice the damage then a normal physical attack. I almost never run out of TP and i do twice the damage and gain special items too =] You just have to set them up right first.

Funkenstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the "mistake" of grinding my entire team to sixteen before even hitting floor three via the lighthouse boss. I'm now stomping the FOE mobs in floors two and three so hard its a joke. My Zodiac really came into his own around fifteen, once I had a good size TP pool to draw from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night