Hacking Question Entering CFW without a jig (SX OS)?

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I lost my jig, but now when I turn on my console only with the SX OS dock (idk how it's called) it starts up with the cfw, why?

Last time I used the jig was totally necesary because it wouldn't load the cfw but now it works without it, I HAVEN'T installed auto-RCM I'm sure of it!

Is there a way to know if I have installed auto-RCM? maybe it installed by itself? I really don't know and my Switch's battery is consumming really fast (it went from 100% to 90% in 5 minutes without using any game or application).

My SX OS is on v2.9.1.

Sorry for my bad english.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I lost my jig, but now when I turn on my console only with the SX OS dock (idk how it's called) it starts up with the cfw, why?

Last time I used the jig was totally necesary because it wouldn't load the cfw but now it works without it, I HAVEN'T installed auto-RCM I'm sure of it!

Is there a way to know if I have installed auto-RCM? maybe it installed by itself? I really don't know and my Switch's battery is consumming really fast (it went from 100% to 90% in 5 minutes without using any game or application).

My SX OS is on v2.9.1.

If you press the power button and the console boots normally, you don't have autoRCM. If you use the SX Pro to boot a payload without a jig, you have autoRCM.

Reactions: Stallion

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It's called an injector or dongle.
And if you boot into CFW with SXOS, then you most likely have AutoRCM enabled (whether you knew it or not).

And as McGuyver would concur, a paperclip can save the world and boot your Switch.
But be careful though, if not used correctly a paperclip can be dangerous tool that can break your Switch.

Reactions: ELY_M

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You will find undocked soon as you hard power down you will need your jig & dongle so I suggest for the time being if you’ve lost your jig & dongle leave it in docked because sxos has implemented a reboot into cfw when you restart the switch even if you use powertoolsnx or easypower it reboots into cfw and the same while in docked soon as you go to use it the reboot feature kicks in and starts cfw.

Last edited by Reecey,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

My SX OS is on v2.9.1.

ChoiDujourNX enables AutoRCM by default so that may be why.

Reactions: ELY_M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)