Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

English PDA DS Released For G6/M3

PDA functionality for G6/M3 users

At long last the English version of PDA DS has been released for the G6 and M3 Adapter.

Promised since the release of the G6 Lite, PDA DS brings PDA-like functionality to G6/M3 users. The questionably long translation time has led many to wonder whether it would ever be released. Thankfully now the wait is over.

For M3 users, your removable media must not be formatted with a cluster size higher than 16k otherwise PDA DS will not work.

For G6 Users the download is available from official G6 Software page found here.

For M3 users the download can be found here.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad it wasnt that easy to translate Japanese games... just put "English Game" in front of the download and it's magically not Japanese anymore...
happy.gif

Tried the "English" PDA for M3 and everything is still in Chinese glyphs.

chillyp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm guessing the G6 version is exactly the same, but this is really awful. No handwriting recognition, saving and moving between options is wayyyy to slow. A lot of the options from the chinese version are missing. It seems like they just pushed this out just to keep people happy.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, I copied it over to my G6 and everything is in chinese. I have a chinese G6L so maybe that's the problem.

I'm not sure but it's in English for me.

The writing pad is the best thing about it, but it leaves a little to be desired, it has a hard time picking up your scribblings.

Well at least it's out now and people can stop asking for it
ph34r.gif

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
thats probably why they put it out, so people stopped asking for it. sad that it took this long, and from users are saying, its not even complete.
frown.gif

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried it on my G6L and it worked fine and was in English but a lot of things seem missing still and there are some bugs left (it is a beta). For example USA is not selectable as a country and on the clock the transparency is screwed up so the pink background shows.

The features that are there are pretty basic and text is pretty minimal so I have no damn clue why it took so long to translate. You can get superior PDA functions on yer cell phone. The whole package is just shy of 40MB and I have decided thats 40MB I would rather use for useful stuff like games.

It's sorta nice for those that want to use it but it's already deleted off my card.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ran an older beta I had in chinese, then reloaded the english one and it is in English this time (POD V1.1 and the other one was POD V1.0beta). No clue what happened there.

The single most useful plugin currently in it: quit back to M3 menu. (edit:/ perhaps I should have said "quit back to the retarded time wasting Not Endorsed By message", instead
dry.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: