Homebrew "ENGLISH PATCHED" CIA GAMES,....is there some special order??

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not completely new to all this,... but I'm just curious,..

Do I need to install the actual JPN version cia of said games and THEN install the "ENGLISH PATCHED" cia or do I just need the patched file install without the game.
The reason I ask is because some of the patched cia files are drastically smaller in size.

Does it work like updating a normal 3DS game? Use FBI, install the game, then the update, then the DLC (if there is any)...

Much thanks in advance!

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may depend on the game you're talking about if you mean the Sherlock holmes Spinoff, it requires the actual game be in the slot, and runs the patch concurrent with the game, though there is one person that swears it can be added to the game; it was not designed to be added but used together and separately. I'm also pretty sure the new Slime translation was done by the same team, in the same manner, to be run installed with the card. Whether the game can be installed too, i'm not certain, though the creators warn of bricking if a rom is patched on the system and run (The Slime game or the S.Holmes Style A.A. game) Sorry that's not more Help.

The short answer is it may depend on the title (considering the two above examples)

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, I have a 2 JOKER 3 CIA files,...
one says "(100% English Patched) (RF).cia" file size 880,563 KB
the other
one says "(English Patch 1.02) ENC.cia" file size 881,933 KB

I'm trying to not break any rules here and give enough info at the same time, lol

Is one the game and the other a patch to be applied over that game?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 100% patch probably means it's translated 100%, it's RF, so no region lock, and the info is sufficient, but you should clarify--you want to install the game and then update and DLC? Or are you just trying to update the game..or are you just trying to play it?

"
Because if you just want to play it, maybe go with English patch 1.02--it seems to be above the "100%".
As for installing, yeah, title, update, DLC.
Referring to this, just English patch 1.02 should work, unless they literally gave you the patch for you to .ips on the JP rom, but since it says .cia, I think you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night