Translation [ENG] Lord of Apocalypse

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Cool! Any help is appreciated.

My latest discovery is the psp's buttons in text. Check the attached picture.
Probably will never have to touch/modify these during the translation.

But less unknowns are always good :D
I'm currently refining my converter which can be used to convert a MES file to TXT and vice versa.
I can get pretty much identical files, there's only a few things left to figure out.

Attachments

• xx.png
    xx.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 307

chaos_envoys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Good luck with this!! Will monitor this thread frequently! Thanks for working on this translation.. i heard this one is way better than the first one

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The game gained speed, for sure. Fights are quick paced, looting is automatic, and there are mercenaries to help you out.

However I find that the game's difficulty has been reduced.
I might feel like this because I have a few hundred hours in Arcana... and for new players Apocalypse still offers a challenge.

Quick example: in Arcana Serkets used to be a pain, and let's not mention Bane Serkets.
In Apocalypse you encounter the first Serket in chapter 3, and you can hunt it under 1 minute.
Its' claws became breakable, and they become a weak spot once destroyed.

Last edited by Serberker,

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game gained speed, for sure. Fights are quick paced, looting is automatic, and there are mercenaries to help you out.

However I find that the game's difficulty has been reduced.
This could be because I have a few hundred hours in Arcana, and for new players Apocalypse still offers a challenge.

Quick example: in Arcana Serkets used to be a pain in the ass, and let's not mention Bane Serkets.
In Apocalypse you encounter the first Serket in chapter 3, and you can hunt it under 1 minute.
It's claws became breakable, and they become a weak spot once destroyed.
I feel the same, don't know why but the challenge only appeared when I reached "Infinity" level. But still is one of best and enjoyable PSP's game to me.

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The english and japanese version of Arcana has the same number of dialogs / texts.
And the indexes are the same, e.g: "new game" is the 70th text in both localizations.

I wrote a simple script which reads a text file from Apocalypse line by line, and compares it with the japanese Arcana's texts.
If a match is found then the text will be replaced by the corresponding english line from arcana.

This way I managed to translate huge chunks, without knowing a word in japanese.

The translation progress in my estimation is around 5%.
Many monsters, items, menu descriptions were successfully carried over.

Missing things: story-dialogs, new items-drops-monsters, mercenary system.

The february partial release is on a good track imo. :D

Last edited by Serberker,

Echidna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What a surprise to see a translation project for this, never would've expected it. Best of luck in your efforts.

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell are you uploading this to rom sites? Just upload the patch to gdrive or something. I looked in a bunch of rom sites and can't find the damn file. It's absolutely ridiculous to release this patch in such a convoluted manner. Many translators on these forums supply a link to download their patch, please do the same so we can apply the patch ourselves.

And thank you for your work, looking forward to playing this game translated.

Edit: Finally found it in that 1 particular rom site I came across...

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Serath,

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Depends on the structure of the Vita games.
I don't even know what vita uses... iso-s or something else?
I might look into it when I get time.

However without translators I can't do much.
I wrote on the reddit translator forum, hoping I might get a few volunteers there.

Reactions: Jeffiroi

Azumablade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'll wait for the Equipment and the crafting materials to be fully translated but anyways thanks for patching this game

Serberker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
One more thing I found out when I looked at the Vita port: the textures are easy to extract, so the HD ppsspp port might be relatively easy to achieve.

My only wish is more translators, as right now I only have one guy helping out. It would definitely speed up the project. If you feel ready for the challenge please drop me a message.

Momo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm so glad someone finally start making english patch for this game!

I really hope you would translate story too.

Jinouga

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I'd like to help with the translation. Even though i can't read kanji i can understand the romanji and read the kana. I can also look for matches in Lord of Arcana.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.