Homebrew Encrypted my saves by formatting, but I have a full backup, what can I do?

amirgaming74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I already answered back to you the best that I could at the noob thread. Check your notifications for replies; see the bell shaped symbol at the top right corner.
I hope this is the last reply and i'm sorry i've had to keep you up all day but i need help because it doesn't say that warning anymore but i don't have any of the cfw apps so i need help with that

P.S. when i enter my sd card in gm9 it shows what the sd card had before i used it for my 3ds and apart from showing that it also shows the Nintendo 3DS folder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the last reply and i'm sorry i've had to keep you up all day but i need help because it doesn't say that warning anymore but i don't have any of the cfw apps so i need help with that

P.S. when i enter my sd card in gm9 it shows what the sd card had before i used it for my 3ds and apart from showing that it also shows the Nintendo 3DS folder
In my previous replies to you at the noob help thread [here #1] [here #2] [here #3], you can find several important homebrew apps mentioned in the [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup. If you took the actual time to read any of the links in those posts, you would have also found the 3DS homebrewer's care package, CFW starter kit. If you need more apps not included in that kit, there's also eip's TinyDB website.

Just make sure when you open Homebrew Launcher with the Rosalina menu injection and you get 3DSX apps working that you don't forget about restoring the tickets with faketik and mass unwrapping the gift icons with Cthulhu, or else your previous installed SD titles (those from the Nintendo 3DS folder) won't appear on HOME Menu.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: lone_wolf323
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried but look at the p.s. in my last post.
  • Did you make sure to reformat the SD card in [ FAT32 format | 32 KB cluster size | Primary partition | MBR disk ]?
  • Was the empty card checked for hardware problems with H2testw? (ie, is the card a counterfeit or faulty?)
  • Does the n3DSXL boots to HOME Menu?
  • With the SD card inserted, does this error still shows up? "Could not detect a microSD Card. The software on the microSD Card could not be displayed"
  • Were there signs of missing tickets in System SettingsData ManagementNintendo 3DSSoftware?
  • Have you ever used Homebrew Launcher via Rosalina menu injection? Do you know how to open 3DSX homebrew apps?

amirgaming74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  • I just tried formatting with those specifications
  • i don't know how to check with that program
  • the home menu works
  • the error doesn't appear anymore
  • i checked and it says that there's no software
To get the homebrew apps i was trying that but for some reason it didn't work instead after i set the homebrew app with rosalina
it got stuck in the 3ds app intro and when i tried after that it just opened the download play app normally.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried formatting with those specifications
i don't know how to check with that program
the home menu works
Good. But if it did not,
the error doesn't appear anymore
Good. But had this error still showed,
which would have brought you back * to Quadruple reformat and H2testw.

i checked and it says that there's no software
As was stated by you in post #20 in this thread, the script stopped because you didn't have enough free space on that SD card.

Doing the script without finding and confirming a KeyY match means the encryption hasn't been corrected yet.

Go back and complete what you started.
To get the homebrew apps i was trying that but for some reason it didn't work instead after i set the homebrew app with rosalina
it got stuck in the 3ds app intro and when i tried after that it just opened the download play app normally.
  • My post #22 in this thread[here #1]3ds CFW: Restoring functionality on a new SD card [post #2] → [Video Tutorial] How to Inject Homebrew Into Official App - Stealth Homebrew w/ Rosalina Menu

If any of these do not make sense to you, I don't believe I am suited to continue providing you troubleshooting support. Since your flag flair states Colombia, I suspect you are experiencing difficulties reading English as your 2nd language. See if this helps somewhat with translations.

Perhaps it might be better to find someone who knows Spanish and is willing to talk to you in PM (private message). If you need any further assistance, please seek another member at:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

amirgaming74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Good. But if it did not,

which would have brought you back in

As was stated by you in post #20 in this thread, the script stopped because you didn't have enough free space on that SD card.

Doing the script without finding and confirming a KeyY match means the encryption hasn't been corrected yet.

• My post #22 in this thread[here #1]3ds CFW: Restoring functionality on a new SD card [post #2] → [Video Tutorial] How to Inject Homebrew Into Official App - Stealth Homebrew w/ Rosalina Menu

If any of these do not make sense to you, I don't believe I am suited to continue providing you troubleshooting support. Since your flag flair states Colombia, I suspect you are experiencing difficulties reading English as your 2nd language. See if this helps somewhat with translations.

Perhaps it might be better to find someone who knows Spanish and is willing to talk in PM (private message). If you need any further assistance, please seek another member at:
Nah I'm good I learn English at school so it's also like my 1st language.

amirgaming74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Good. But if it did not,

which would have brought you back * to Quadruple reformat and H2testw.

Perhaps it might be better to find someone who knows Spanish and is willing to talk to you in PM (private message). If you need any further assistance, please seek another member at:
I need help with the more help minitool partition wizard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYPwxJQZTNo