www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
EmuSwitch by Scooby74029​

This is an app for user's of s/uneek and sorg's nandemu

Here is the first version if anyone likes it I'll keep going on it!!! EmuSwitch

from the readme in emuswitch.rar
______________________________________________________EmuSwitch v1.0____________________________________________________________________________
**************************************************** by scooby74029 **************************************************************************

-v1.0

-folder structure sd\cbootmii = armboot.bin from sneek/uneek
sd\sbootmii = armboot.bin and di.bin from sorg for sd emulation

sd\sneek = usual sneek files kernel.bin, di.bin(if using di) di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's font.bin (if using sneek)

-folder structure usb\cbootmii = armboot.bin from crediar
usd\sbootmii = armboot.bin and di.bin from sorg for usb emulation

usb\sneek = usual sneek files kernel.bin, di.bin(if using di) di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's font.bin (if using uneek)

hd should have 2 partions one for nand files(fat32)(just like s/uneek and one for sorgs nandemu(ntfs)(this is what i use)...

so I made this because i am lazy and didnt want to go to my computer everytime I wanted to switch nand emulators. This app will set the bootmii

folder and then launch the choosen emulator right from this app.

note: you must first have both a working sneek or uneek nand and files and the files for NandEmu by sorg for this to work.
I use this because music games dont work with sneek or uneek +di and with sorgs NandEmu they will work. I just switch when ever i want to play
music games.

if anyone actually tries this let me know what you think
yaywii.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt this will work with SNEEK (switching out of it, that is), even with SD access enabled (have you tried it?). I made an app to rename the bootmii folders (it's still on my computer somewhere), but it never worked with SNEEK, worked fine with UNEEK though.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
@menage730

thanks glad to hear it worked for someone other than me. It makes it so much easier to switch between the two

Dont know if you noticed but if in nandemu or s/uneek and you try to launch into an emulator it just reboots the wii

anyway thanks and ill keep learning and eventually i will build something really neat for all of us(hopefully)

scooby74029

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
I made an app to rename the bootmii folders (it's still on my computer somewhere), but it never worked with SNEEK, worked fine with UNEEK though.

SNEEK reserves or treats the SD card as NAND, so you need to use the appropriate read/write access subroutine/function along with the right permission to be able to change the content of NAND (even though it is an emulated one). And since UNEEK does not treat SD card as NAND, you could use standard read/write access subroutine/function to change the content of it. Therefore, with UNEEK you cannot use standard read/write access for changing the content of USB drive.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to get off topic but is there much of a difference between s/uneek and nandemu NANDS? I know that I can launch nandemu from HBC using ios253 but can I use a virgin NAND that was built with ModMii and then use StartNandEmu to access it? I've read through the nandemu documentation and it states that you need to use Nus Downloader in order to complete the creation of the virgin NAND. The problem is, Nus Downloader isn't working like it should, the app (both versions) is crashing when trying to use the "Emulate Wii System Update" option. This has been reported by multiple people on the Google Code site for Nus Downloader but there is no fix in place. Again, sorry to get off topic, Emuswitch seems like a useful app that I would like to try but I'm having trouble with the nandemu piece. In a nutshell, can I use StartNandEmu with a NAND built with Modmii?

capito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
BTW nandemu wont work on a black or red wii at all
scooby74029

Hi scooby 74029,
Can you please explain why nandemu wont work on a black or red wii? I have a black one and I'd love to be able to use nandemu or uneek for wii backups and wiiware. I hoped it would be an ultimate solution to compatibility problems faced while using cIOSes with wii games and wiiware. I also tried your sneek compiler to load enand without an sd card - no success either. I 'd be grateful for any directions. Thanks.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
capito said:
scooby74029 said:
BTW nandemu wont work on a black or red wii at all
scooby74029

Hi scooby 74029,
Can you please explain why nandemu wont work on a black or red wii? I have a black one and I'd love to be able to use nandemu or uneek for wii backups and wiiware. I hoped it would be an ultimate solution to compatibility problems faced while using cIOSes with wii games and wiiware. I also tried your sneek compiler to load enand without an sd card - no success either. I 'd be grateful for any directions. Thanks.

well first nand emu by sorg wont work on new wii's because the guy that wrote it stopped working on it before the black and red wii's came out

second

which version of my program do you have?

if it is the latest one from the first post in my sneekycompiler thread then just let it make and then after its done take the armboot.bin(43.3size)and trash it
take and copy kernel.bin into the bootmii folder and rename it armboot.bin then place the bootmii folder and the sneek folder from copy to Usb folder on usb device along with nand folders and launch via my uneek loader channel or emu switch(if you use emuswitch just name the bootmii folder sbootmii and then choose nand emu and then launch it

if you need some more help just let me know!!!

scooby74029

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice. The topic had me thinking you made an app for switching which nand you were using, so you could have nands for several regions, for instance, and not need a PC to swap em. (That's something I'd like in particular.)

This is also useful though. Thanks.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Looks nice. The topic had me thinking you made an app for switching which nand you were using, so you could have nands for several regions, for instance, and not need a PC to swap em. (That's something I'd like in particular.)

This is also useful though. Thanks.
@s3phir0th115

sounds like a cool idea pm me with more details and ill see what i can do for you

it shouldnt be that had to do

scooby74029

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For cryin' out loud.. this should fix the music games in *neek. It breaks a couple of games and we haven't figured out why yet. They probably work with "NandEmu" (
rolleyes.gif
) simply because it's out of date.

capito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scooby74029 said:
well first nand emu by sorg wont work on new wii's because the guy that wrote it stopped working on it before the black and red wii's came out

second

which version of my program do you have?

if it is the latest one from the first post in my sneekycompiler thread then just let it make and then after its done take the armboot.bin(43.3size)and trash it
take and copy kernel.bin into the bootmii folder and rename it armboot.bin then place the bootmii folder and the sneek folder from copy to Usb folder on usb device along with nand folders and launch via my uneek loader channel or emu switch(if you use emuswitch just name the bootmii folder sbootmii and then choose nand emu and then launch it

if you need some more help just let me know!!!

scooby74029

Scooby
Thanks so much for your timely reply and your offer to help me
smile.gif
Unfortunately I had no luck with your suggestions above.
I would like to to be able to launch my enand with uneek+di from usb hdd WITHOUT SD card at all. I tried your SneekyCompiler v1.2.1, v1.3 and v1.3.1 with IOS 58 & sorgs IOS 253 installed in my real NAND. I tried sneek r151 & r140 - no luck again
wtf.gif
. However, my enand (created with ModMii) works fine with sd card.

When I use your uneek loader UNEK it crashes/no signal for the TV. Bootmii IOS-BOPI, emuswitch & bootmii launched from HB make my wii flash constantly. My usb hdd has one FAT32 primary, active, partition, cluster size=32KB with the following structure:

usb: bootmii (tried also BOOTMII)/armboot.bin 145KB (kernel.bin copied & renamed from Copy_To_Usb and another time from Copy_To_SD sneek folder)
usb: cbootmii with content as above
usb: sbootmii as above
usb: sneek (SNEEK)/kernel.bin, di.bin, font.bin, diconfig.bin, di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's
usb: games/ with a game working with SD in and original armboot.bin in bootmii

I have no clue what else I can do to make my enand load on BLACK wii WITHOUT SD.
Id be grateful for some more advice.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
only thing i can say it i have a black wii too and sneek/uneek wont work on mine either unless i use a usbflash drive my hdd wont work with the blackone but will with my lu64 white wii

i guess some wii's cant use sneek is all i cans say

scooby74029

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Where do I get sorgs files for the usb:/sbootmii folder? Are these 'generic' files? I obviously know where to get crediars file, I just need the sorg files referred to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1