EmuSwitch

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by scooby74029, Mar 9, 2011.

Mar 9, 2011

EmuSwitch by scooby74029 at 6:08 AM (4,022 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. scooby74029
    OP

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    EmuSwitch by Scooby74029​

This is an app for user's of s/uneek and sorg's nandemu

Here is the first version if anyone likes it I'll keep going on it!!! EmuSwitch

from the readme in emuswitch.rar
    ______________________________________________________EmuSwitch v1.0____________________________________________________________________________
    **************************************************** by scooby74029 **************************************************************************

-v1.0

-folder structure sd\cbootmii = armboot.bin from sneek/uneek
    sd\sbootmii = armboot.bin and di.bin from sorg for sd emulation

sd\sneek = usual sneek files kernel.bin, di.bin(if using di) di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's font.bin (if using sneek)

-folder structure usb\cbootmii = armboot.bin from crediar
    usd\sbootmii = armboot.bin and di.bin from sorg for usb emulation

usb\sneek = usual sneek files kernel.bin, di.bin(if using di) di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's font.bin (if using uneek)

hd should have 2 partions one for nand files(fat32)(just like s/uneek and one for sorgs nandemu(ntfs)(this is what i use)...

so I made this because i am lazy and didnt want to go to my computer everytime I wanted to switch nand emulators. This app will set the bootmii

folder and then launch the choosen emulator right from this app.

note: you must first have both a working sneek or uneek nand and files and the files for NandEmu by sorg for this to work.
    I use this because music games dont work with sneek or uneek +di and with sorgs NandEmu they will work. I just switch when ever i want to play
    music games.

if anyone actually tries this let me know what you think
    [​IMG]

2. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    I doubt this will work with SNEEK (switching out of it, that is), even with SD access enabled (have you tried it?). I made an app to rename the bootmii folders (it's still on my computer somewhere), but it never worked with SNEEK, worked fine with UNEEK though.

3. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    yeah i tried it you must have the sd card turned on if using sneek or put an apps folder on the usb drive and place the emuswitch folder there

4. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    well i hope to hear from any of the i think 6 people that downloaded this

thanks if you reply

scooby74029

5. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nice app worked like a charm [​IMG] keep up the good work scooby74029

6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    glad to here it.

7. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    @menage730

thanks glad to hear it worked for someone other than me. It makes it so much easier to switch between the two

Dont know if you noticed but if in nandemu or s/uneek and you try to launch into an emulator it just reboots the wii

anyway thanks and ill keep learning and eventually i will build something really neat for all of us(hopefully)

scooby74029

8. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    SNEEK reserves or treats the SD card as NAND, so you need to use the appropriate read/write access subroutine/function along with the right permission to be able to change the content of NAND (even though it is an emulated one). And since UNEEK does not treat SD card as NAND, you could use standard read/write access subroutine/function to change the content of it. Therefore, with UNEEK you cannot use standard read/write access for changing the content of USB drive.

9. game_rat

Newcomer game_rat Advanced Member

United States
    I don't want to get off topic but is there much of a difference between s/uneek and nandemu NANDS? I know that I can launch nandemu from HBC using ios253 but can I use a virgin NAND that was built with ModMii and then use StartNandEmu to access it? I've read through the nandemu documentation and it states that you need to use Nus Downloader in order to complete the creation of the virgin NAND. The problem is, Nus Downloader isn't working like it should, the app (both versions) is crashing when trying to use the "Emulate Wii System Update" option. This has been reported by multiple people on the Google Code site for Nus Downloader but there is no fix in place. Again, sorry to get off topic, Emuswitch seems like a useful app that I would like to try but I'm having trouble with the nandemu piece. In a nutshell, can I use StartNandEmu with a NAND built with Modmii?

10. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    yeah you can but run it once with sneek or uneek to make sure it works or use showmiiwads to check if everything is there

BTW nandemu wont work on a black or red wii at all

scooby74029

11. capito

Newcomer capito Newbie

United States
    Hi scooby 74029,
    Can you please explain why nandemu wont work on a black or red wii? I have a black one and I'd love to be able to use nandemu or uneek for wii backups and wiiware. I hoped it would be an ultimate solution to compatibility problems faced while using cIOSes with wii games and wiiware. I also tried your sneek compiler to load enand without an sd card - no success either. I 'd be grateful for any directions. Thanks.

12. scooby74029
    OP

United States

well first nand emu by sorg wont work on new wii's because the guy that wrote it stopped working on it before the black and red wii's came out

second

which version of my program do you have?

if it is the latest one from the first post in my sneekycompiler thread then just let it make and then after its done take the armboot.bin(43.3size)and trash it
    take and copy kernel.bin into the bootmii folder and rename it armboot.bin then place the bootmii folder and the sneek folder from copy to Usb folder on usb device along with nand folders and launch via my uneek loader channel or emu switch(if you use emuswitch just name the bootmii folder sbootmii and then choose nand emu and then launch it

if you need some more help just let me know!!!

scooby74029

13. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks nice. The topic had me thinking you made an app for switching which nand you were using, so you could have nands for several regions, for instance, and not need a PC to swap em. (That's something I'd like in particular.)

This is also useful though. Thanks.

14. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    @s3phir0th115

sounds like a cool idea pm me with more details and ill see what i can do for you

it shouldnt be that had to do

scooby74029

15. sk0ld

Member sk0ld GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For cryin' out loud.. this should fix the music games in *neek. It breaks a couple of games and we haven't figured out why yet. They probably work with "NandEmu" ([​IMG]) simply because it's out of date.

16. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    well please share the source of your esmodule.elf so everyone can benefit from it

scooby74029

17. capito

Newcomer capito Newbie

United States
    Scooby
    Thanks so much for your timely reply and your offer to help me [​IMG] Unfortunately I had no luck with your suggestions above.
    I would like to to be able to launch my enand with uneek+di from usb hdd WITHOUT SD card at all. I tried your SneekyCompiler v1.2.1, v1.3 and v1.3.1 with IOS 58 & sorgs IOS 253 installed in my real NAND. I tried sneek r151 & r140 - no luck again [​IMG] . However, my enand (created with ModMii) works fine with sd card.

When I use your uneek loader UNEK it crashes/no signal for the TV. Bootmii IOS-BOPI, emuswitch & bootmii launched from HB make my wii flash constantly. My usb hdd has one FAT32 primary, active, partition, cluster size=32KB with the following structure:

usb: bootmii (tried also BOOTMII)/armboot.bin 145KB (kernel.bin copied & renamed from Copy_To_Usb and another time from Copy_To_SD sneek folder)
    usb: cbootmii with content as above
    usb: sbootmii as above
    usb: sneek (SNEEK)/kernel.bin, di.bin, font.bin, diconfig.bin, di,es, fs-sd, fs-usb.elf's
    usb: games/ with a game working with SD in and original armboot.bin in bootmii

I have no clue what else I can do to make my enand load on BLACK wii WITHOUT SD.
    Id be grateful for some more advice.

18. scooby74029
    OP

United States
    only thing i can say it i have a black wii too and sneek/uneek wont work on mine either unless i use a usbflash drive my hdd wont work with the blackone but will with my lu64 white wii

i guess some wii's cant use sneek is all i cans say

scooby74029

19. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Where do I get sorgs files for the usb:/sbootmii folder? Are these 'generic' files? I obviously know where to get crediars file, I just need the sorg files referred to

20. scooby74029
    OP

United States

hey baz here is link to sorgs nandemu just read the text files first

~~~~