emuNAND Won't Boot after Failing to complete setup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tayshun12, Feb 4, 2016.

1. tayshun12
    OP

tayshun12 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    United States
    Hey All,

I am following this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

And I am stuck at section 5. I backed up my SD card and tried running the complete emuNAND setup process, but it was saying that my card is too small. Im not sure if I was to backup the files to my computer, then delete them from the SD and run the process. but after restarting my 3DS I can no longer access emuNAND from the browser. I can however, launch rxTools and launch H/S+ Dev Menu. Is there an alternative way to get into emuNAND?

Thanks,
    T

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Emunand takes 1GB in o3DS and 2GB in N3DS.

You need a bigger memory card than the default 4GB that comes included... Get a bigger memory card.

3. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    I really like this thread. It's title is something like "Car won't start after engine blow up" and the solution is "Change the gas tank to a bigger one and fill it". Keks were had.

BlastXDX, hobbledehoy899 and duwen like this.
  4. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    firstly make sure your on lates version of rx tools. then i would try to reformat emunand with emunand9 tool (complete emunand setup), 4gb should be enough even for n3ds. for mine it was.
    it shouldn't matter if you have files on the sd but keep your backup safe.
    try deleting everything from sd except emunandtool9.

5. tayshun12
    OP

tayshun12 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    United States
    LMFAO!!! I R n00b give me a break ok?

I wish that there were a way to close threads as I figured it out (I'm a jackass and had a slight naming problem. But hey, it was late night and I was overly excited!) my next question I guess is, I have a 32GB card, and I just formatted with emuNAND. I think that this is ok in the sense that, I
    1. Format with emuNAND.
    2. Copy data from old SD Card to the new one.

Am I correct with this idea?

one again thanks to all in this forum you guys are amazing! I haven't been here since the PSP:psp:,DS:nds: days and it appears the community is still as great as they once were! :yayps3:

duwen likes this.
  6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I just had to make this my signature. Well played!

Urbanshadow and tayshun12 like this.
  7. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    yes you are

8. tayshun12
    OP

tayshun12 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    United States
    Well guys I think I have it working! But i'm a little confused. Since my DS is V6.2 I had to use rxTools v 2.5.2 but I'm not certain whether I'm booting into sysnand or emuNAND. if I hold the R button it brings me to the menu and says emunand in the corner ( with no option to boot to sysnand) but if I let it boot without touching anything it allows me to run homebrew. In section 6 of the tutorial, when you have to use tinyformat, it says that your 3DS will go to the initial boot sequence. This didnt happen when i held R and booted, it happened when I let rx tools boot naturally.

I guess my question is if I boot rxtools without going to the menu am I in sysNAND?