Emunand 8.1 crashed and wiped out my data

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by alepman90, Oct 10, 2014.

1. alepman90
    OP

alepman90 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2014
    Hi guys,
    Sorry if this topic discussed before,so i have emunand fw 8 and was trying to close the SSB
    it hanged and forced to reset after i entered GW mode again the FW8 still exist but
    all my data been wiped out (DLC,Eshop games,MiiPlaza and more importantly updates) hopefully i could
    redownload my purchases on the new GW update.
    but my question is there a way to prevent this or making a backup of my sd card and how?
    thanks

2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    you should be able to redownload the updates once the GW update comes out. you can take measures against all data being wiped out by copying files from the SD to your computer periodically. if it resets, just copy the data back to the SD Card. stuff like saves, DLC, updates, and games are stored on the SD Card so copying the files from the computer should restore the deleted content.

3. alepman90
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    Really!!i thought it stored on hidden portion of the SD card after you installed emunand on it

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    If you have formated emunand and download the DLC on it, don't visit the Data Settings/Management on the real nand. All data from the emunand will get lost.

5. alepman90
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    I didn't go to the real nand data settings,just entered GW mode after it crashed and that happened,in fact
    it happened twice last time on Pokemon after update (and that time wiped out the FW8.1 on emunand too)
    i was able to download the system update since it was supported by GW.
    is this a common problem?or do you think it's SD card issue?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This doesn't sound like a common problem, at least I have never heard of it before. Maybe your SD card is failing?

7. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Yup, maybe!
    I have emunand since when it was announced and I've never experienced nor seen such issues.
    Also, as a best practice, I backup my SD weekly. I copy the 3DS files and my emuNAND partition. This way I don't loose saves, downloads (when eShop used to work) and my streetpass tags (in emunand).

Cheers!

8. alepman90
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    We
    Welp just my luck,any way i'm using 4GB sd card that came with the system and need to replace it any way,but all streetpass puzzles are gone and no SSB for now:(
    sorry for being a noob,but how do you backup the hidden files on sd card is there a tool for it ?

9. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Sorry to read that!
    You're not a noob you just don't know yet ;)
    Download this program here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

I beta tested it when n1ghty created it. Works like a charm!

alepman90 likes this.
  10. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    you can update your emunand to 8.1 using the ssb rom and then you can play ssb again

11. alepman90
    OP

Oct 10, 2014
    I'm already on 8.1 (thankfully didn't lost it this time)but no online

12. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Good time to start beating the challenges. I only have 2 left on page 2, and am working on page 3

13. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    It happend to me on EmuNAND 8 and now, after downloading every possible patch from eshop I made SD image in WinDiskImager. I'm also making EmuNAND backup using Emunand Tool before and after update. Free space on HDD shrinks but not all files are usable if the update process went ok.