Hacking Question EmuMMC + Tinfoil result in Error (AM 0.10.1)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tinfoil works fine with hekate, the ijw pack with my shop in it includes hekate as the default launcher

tinfoilmod doesnt work anymore (for anything involving the internet), cat discontinued it and its key is dead by this point

Pirate pack no longer exists, it did use my shop a few months ago but UP has his own shop unreleated to mine now. jits only officially exists on its own or in ijw.
Hmm, wonder what OP's issue was then?

Ahh, didn't know it was discontinued, that sucks. That explains why some people said they couldn't get it working with pirate shops.

Pirate pack still exists, as the IJW you are talking about (they refer to it as the "new switchpirates pack"), that's the one I meant anyway. Never realized IJW was the literal name of it.
The modified hbl.nsp isnt required at all btw. The edited hbl.nsp only has keyboard shortcuts. Thats it.
And other than his views that people have issues with he seems perfectly sane unless I am missing something? He does make jokes alot towards me but in private he seems perfectly fine :unsure:
Are you sure? The hbl.nsp.sig file containing the signature is still there.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would recommend the acid patches tbh. The kosmos patches work with hekate setups as well is which is what I use. These work perfectly fine for me (acid patches). I sent you a PM so you should definitely check that out.

Sweet! In that case I will use these patches you recommended: https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases

That's the link I was trying to download.

If you are launching fusee-primary then you need the sigpatches you linked. If you use Hekate to launch fusee-secondary instead you need the Joonie86 patches. The latter generally gives more flexibility.
The Joonie86 patches won't work at all with fusee-primary, while the patches from the thread will partially work with fusee-secondary, minus ACID patches, so no installing of unsigned nsps.

That's strange, it works fine here... I just downloaded it. I can upload it somewhere if you want.

Wait what's the difference between Fusee-Primary and Fusee-secondary? :O
Where can I get Fusee-Secondary? I can only download primary from Atmosphere GitHub, and I haven't found anything about secondary :O

My plan is to use Atmosphere (not Kosmos), enable AutoRCM and put Hekate in my RCMLoader. And from Hekate make it autoboot Fusee-Primary from my SD card, so that it can launch Atmosphere...
Will it matter if I put Fusee-Secondary instead of Fusee-Primary?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! In that case I will use these patches you recommended: https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases

That's strange, it works fine here... I just downloaded it. I can upload it somewhere if you want.

Where can I get Fusee-Secondary? I can only download primary from Atmosphere GitHub, and I haven't found anything about secondary :O

My plan is to use Atmosphere (not Kosmos), enable AutoRCM and put Hekate in my RCMLoader. And from Hekate make it autoboot Fusee-Primary from my SD card, so that it can launch Atmosphere...
Secondary is in the atmosphere folder. Just part of the CFW

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fusee primary uses atmosphere fully to launch, even if booted from within hekate. it will use atmosphere settings, sigpatches etc. fusee secondary has hekate take over the booting process, and use its own settings and sigpatches. for fusee primary i recommend using the patches on gbatemp named I heard that you guys need some sweet patches for atmosphere. for secondary use the joonies patches github.

Reactions: Lumince

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
fusee primary uses atmosphere fully to launch, even if booted from within hekate. it will use atmosphere settings, sigpatches etc. fusee secondary has hekate take over the booting process, and use its own settings and sigpatches. for fusee primary i recommend using the patches on gbatemp named I heard that you guys need some sweet patches for atmosphere. for secondary use the joonies patches github.

Thank you for the clarification! :D
But will it still work to autoboot to Atmosphere if I'm using fusee-secondary via Hekate?
In that case I will put Fusee-secondary in my SD card instead.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It's in the atmosphere folder in the main release. Don't worry about it. It's just an alternate way of booting Atmosphere where Hekate is more in charge of the boot process. It's the method Kosmos uses. It offers a bit more flexibility since you have some options in hekate_ipl.ini you can use when using fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin, that Atmosphere/fusee-primary won't give you natively, but it's no big deal, either is fine.
fusee-secondary is actually loaded by fusee-primary too. fusee-primary (or Hekate) takes care of applying some patches to the kernel, and passes control over to fusee-secondary to start the boot process (at least that is how I understand it)

The main reason I don't use fusee-primary is I've had it boot right into sysNAND CFW when I forgot to put the SD in before injecting, or it just wasn't being recognized for some reason. And that just isn't acceptable, I can't be restoring a NAND backup every time that happens. Hekate won't boot into CFW if it doesn't find the config on SD, so that's an easy way for me to make sure I never boot sysNAND CFW by accident (I just don't have a sysNAND entry at all in the config)
So that's why I switched to Hekate. It might be slightly faster to boot too, since it goes Hekate->fusee-secondary instead of Hekate->fusee-primary->fusee-secondary but probably not enough to matter as the boot process takes quite a while regardless.
Thank you for the clarification! :D
But will it still work to autoboot to Atmosphere if I'm using fusee-secondary via Hekate?
In that case I will put Fusee-secondary in my SD card instead.

Sure, if you enable autoboot.
hekate_ipl.ini should look something like this:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=5
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1

[Boot CFW emuNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
kip1patch=nosigchk
The lines in bold are important.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's in the atmosphere folder in the main release. Don't worry about it. It's just an alternate way of booting Atmosphere where Hekate is more in charge of the boot process. It's the method Kosmos uses. It offers a bit more flexibility since you have some options in hekate_ipl.ini you can use when using fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin, that Atmosphere/fusee-primary won't give you natively, but it's no big deal, either is fine.
fusee-secondary is actually loaded by fusee-primary too. fusee-primary (or Hekate) takes care of applying some patches to the kernel, and passes control over to fusee-secondary to start the boot process (at least that is how I understand it)

The main reason I don't use fusee-primary is I've had it boot right into sysNAND CFW when I forgot to put the SD in before injecting, or it just wasn't being recognized for some reason. And that just isn't acceptable, I can't be restoring a NAND backup every time that happens. Hekate won't boot into CFW if it doesn't find the config on SD, so that's an easy way for me to make sure I never boot sysNAND CFW by accident (I just don't have a sysNAND entry at all in the config)
So that's why I switched to Hekate. It might be slightly faster to boot too, since it goes Hekate->fusee-secondary instead of Hekate->fusee-primary->fusee-secondary but probably not enough to matter as the boot process takes quite a while regardless.

Sure, if you enable autoboot.
hekate_ipl.ini should look something like this:

The lines in bold are important.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!
I will do all that that as soon as i recieve my USB C cable i ordered from Amazon! :D
Apparently the one i bought didn't work (like at all, not even with a phone). And honestly, i'm happy it didn't work since after reading some more many people recommended to buy a USB C to USB A that has 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor.

I don't know if i can use my RCMLoader to boot up Hekate to backup my NAND, or if its "safer" to use USB instead and boot it via TegraRCMgui. I bought an USB just in case... It's too bad i have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!
I will do all that that as soon as i recieve my USB C cable i ordered from Amazon! :D
Apparently the one i bought didn't work (like at all, not even with a phone). And honestly, i'm happy it didn't work since after reading some more many people recommended to buy a USB C to USB A that has 56k Ohm Pull-up Resistor.

I don't know if i can use my RCMLoader to boot up Hekate to backup my NAND, or if its "safer" to use USB instead and boot it via TegraRCMgui. I bought an USB just in case... It's too bad i have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive.
It doesn't matter, both do the same thing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The old version he linked you to lacks a lot of features including metadata, and does not work with any shops afaik. I do not know why @The Real Jdbye did not correct you, but there is nothing in tinfoil t hat blocks hekate. Hekate was blocked when it did not support acid patches, it now supports them.

Generally speaking, you cant run an old version of Tinfoil without missing out on big features. Things were changed on atmosphere to improve compatibility, but lately I have been giving up on atmosphere user's like @The Real Jdbye who seem to think every action I take is to screw over atmosphere users, so more and more stuff is being moved behind SX OS license. I do not need to modify SXOS for it to work correctly, so less people complain. over 90% of my support requests are from Atmosphere users, I am lessening my support requests.
Is that why you removed all the annoying features that people hated? To lessen your support requests?
I don't think you're doing it to screw over Atmosphere users. That's just kind of what happens.
I know you're not a huge fan of open source, but if there is one thing about open source you might like, it's the fact that you get to tell anyone asking for support with an actual bug/issue and not just user error that "it's open source, fix it yourself and make a pull request" ;)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

DemiGiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
(I just don't have a sysNAND entry at all in the config)

Sorry to bump the thread. Do I remove lines 7-12 for that?

These:
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far