OP
Trophies
Website
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com
XP
Country
South Africa
Hiya,

I recently got a brand new SD card and decided to try run Atmosphere off of it. At first, I couldn't get fusee-primary to run, but I formatted the card and used only JITS and it woked, but I wanted to create an emuNAND so I can run homebrew and backups safely.
I followed the NH guide to make emuMMC. I partitioned the SD using Tegra Explorer. When I put the SD card back into the PC to move the Atmosphere files back, I found that Windows would not pick up the SD card. It sees the partition that I cannot access, but not the one that I can. I tried reformatting, but it didn't help.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to create the partition, or should I just format using Rufus and go from there?

Thanks in advance.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hmm I used the same guide back when I modded my Switch. I had no problems using TegraExplorer to partition my SD card.
You can also use Hekate to partition your card. Choose a 29 gb emummc partition and the rest for the fat32 partition. Maybe that will work for you.

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Use any third Party Formatting Tool such as EaseUS Partition Master or MiniTool Partition Wizard to delete all Partitions and reformat your Micro SD to Fat32.

Then use Hekate or NxNandManager to set up your Emunand as they produce the propper Files to boot your Emunand (emummc Folder / emummc.ini).

If you already have a Nand Backup use NXNandManger for the Setup.
If you choose the NxNandManager Route, download Lockpick RCM to dump your prod.keys File.

Hekate Setup:

Inject the Hekate Payload
In Hekate choose emuMMC -> Create emuMMC -> SD File
(SD Files are easier to recover as Partition Files)

After the Process is finished copy the emuMMC Folder from your Switch to your PC.
You can use Hekate's USB feature to copy it quicker to your PC (Tools -> USB Tools -> SD Card)
Use 7zip or Winrar to compress your Backup.
Keep it Save in Case your Emunand get's corrupted, simply copy your Backup back to your Switch.

NxNandManager Setup:

Inject the Lockpick RCM Payload
Dump your Keys
Copy your prod.keys File (located at /switch/prod.keys) to NxNandManager_v*.**_x64

In NxNandManager go to Options -> Configure Keyset -> Import Keys from File -> your prod.keys File -> Save
Go to File -> Open File -> *Nand Backup Folder* (RAWNAND/rawnand.bin) or *emuMMC Folder* (emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/00)

Code:
Go to Options -> Incognito (PRODINFO) -> Yes
To delete your Personal Informations

Go to Options -> Resize NAND (RAWNAND, FULL NAND)
If you want to start fresh choose Format User
As User Size choose something between 1.5 GB and 3.99 GB (Fat32 Limitation) -> Save
(Some Games have huge Save Files and they won't install if the User Partition is too small)

It takes less Time to Copy the Files back to your Switch if you have any Problems later on.

Go to File -> Open File -> /NxNandManager_v*.**_x64/RAWNAND.resized

Insert your Micro SD Card into your PC or use Hekate's USB Feature (Tools -> USB Tools -> SD Card)

Go to Options -> Emunand Creation Tool (RAWNAND, FULL NAND)
-> Boot 0 (Pick your Boot 0 File) -> Boot 1 (Pick your Boot 1 File) -> SD Files (AMS) -> Select Target Volume
-> Hekate SD Raw or your Micro SD Card Reader -> Create Emunand

If you want to be able to switch between SYS & EMU Nand, you need Hekate.
If you don't care about SYS Nand use fusee-primary. (If emuMMC is present AMS always boots it)

Hekate Setup:

Create these Entries in bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=1
updater2p=0

[Sysnand Hekate Bootloader]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin

[Emunand Hekate Bootloader]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin

[Emunand Atmosphere Bootloader]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

Inject fusee-primary or Hekate depending on your Setup.

In Hekate:

Launch -> Emunand Hekate Bootloader
You can Auto Boot any Entry you like, to do so go to Options -> Auto Boot -> any Entry
If you want to disable Auto Boot hold the Vol- Button after injecting the Hekate Payload.

PS: If you want to Update your Firmware, always update Hekate, Atmosphere & it's Sigpatches first.

(Make sure your desired Firmware is compatible with Hekate & Atmosphere)

If you use any Custom Themes delete the 0100000000001000 Folder located at /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000 first.

Last edited by crazy_p,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the initial guide when I first hacked the switch. It said to use emu partition for emummc.

There is an option to do it as a file. Are there any drawbacks to this? (Using fat32 if that matters).

I mean apart from the obvious that you might delete it. Does everything run ok?

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
On the initial guide when I first hacked the switch. It said to use emu partition for emummc.

There is an option to do it as a file. Are there any drawbacks to this? (Using fat32 if that matters).

I mean apart from the obvious that you might delete it. Does everything run ok?

When i was running SXOS i used files on SD for emunand, and i'm still doing that after moving to Atmos, specialy caurse i can't get hidden partition to run emummc, so far i haven't found anything i coulden do by using files on SD

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When i was running SXOS i used files on SD for emunand, and i'm still doing that after moving to Atmos, specialy caurse i can't get hidden partition to run emummc, so far i haven't found anything i coulden do by using files on SD
Doing it that way can you just copy everything to a new micro SD card? I have a 256gb... But it fills up quite quickly. Especially once you put a 30gb nand partition in.

I'm buying a 512gb so I'm thinking switch to a fat file rather than partition and copy over... Hopefully job done.

Last time I spent ages reinstalling games backup saves etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any reason your using a hidden partition? The only annoying thing I find is your pc can't see the partition. It sort of can in tinfoil... But you can't write to it unless you use nut. And even then it's limited.

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Doing it that way can you just copy everything to a new micro SD card? I have a 256gb... But it fills up quite quickly. Especially once you put a 30gb nand partition in.

I'm buying a 512gb so I'm thinking switch to a fat file rather than partition and copy over... Hopefully job done.

Last time I spent ages reinstalling games backup saves etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any reason your using a hidden partition? The only annoying thing I find is your pc can't see the partition. It sort of can in tinfoil... But you can't write to it unless you use nut. And even then it's limited.

Yes you can just move it to another SD card if using files on SD

Only reason i was trying out making hidden emu was to try it out, some say it boot faster from hidden emu, but i don't know

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya,

I recently got a brand new SD card and decided to try run Atmosphere off of it. At first, I couldn't get fusee-primary to run, but I formatted the card and used only JITS and it woked, but I wanted to create an emuNAND so I can run homebrew and backups safely.
I followed the NH guide to make emuMMC. I partitioned the SD using Tegra Explorer. When I put the SD card back into the PC to move the Atmosphere files back, I found that Windows would not pick up the SD card. It sees the partition that I cannot access, but not the one that I can. I tried reformatting, but it didn't help.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to create the partition, or should I just format using Rufus and go from there?

Thanks in advance.
You can use Hekate to create the partition instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof