I recently got a brand new SD card and decided to try run Atmosphere off of it. At first, I couldn't get fusee-primary to run, but I formatted the card and used only JITS and it woked, but I wanted to create an emuNAND so I can run homebrew and backups safely.
I followed the NH guide to make emuMMC. I partitioned the SD using Tegra Explorer. When I put the SD card back into the PC to move the Atmosphere files back, I found that Windows would not pick up the SD card. It sees the partition that I cannot access, but not the one that I can. I tried reformatting, but it didn't help.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to create the partition, or should I just format using Rufus and go from there?
Hmm I used the same guide back when I modded my Switch. I had no problems using TegraExplorer to partition my SD card.
You can also use Hekate to partition your card. Choose a 29 gb emummc partition and the rest for the fat32 partition. Maybe that will work for you.
Then use Hekate or NxNandManager to set up your Emunand as they produce the propper Files to boot your Emunand (emummc Folder / emummc.ini).
If you already have a Nand Backup use NXNandManger for the Setup.
If you choose the NxNandManager Route, download Lockpick RCM to dump your prod.keys File.
Hekate Setup:
Inject the Hekate Payload
In Hekate choose emuMMC -> Create emuMMC -> SD File
(SD Files are easier to recover as Partition Files)
After the Process is finished copy the emuMMC Folder from your Switch to your PC.
You can use Hekate's USB feature to copy it quicker to your PC (Tools -> USB Tools -> SD Card)
Use 7zip or Winrar to compress your Backup.
Keep it Save in Case your Emunand get's corrupted, simply copy your Backup back to your Switch.
NxNandManager Setup:
Inject the Lockpick RCM Payload
Dump your Keys
Copy your prod.keys File (located at /switch/prod.keys) to NxNandManager_v*.**_x64
In NxNandManager go to Options -> Configure Keyset -> Import Keys from File -> your prod.keys File -> Save
Go to File -> Open File -> *Nand Backup Folder* (RAWNAND/rawnand.bin) or *emuMMC Folder* (emuMMC/EF00/eMMC/00)
Code:
Go to Options -> Incognito (PRODINFO) -> Yes
To delete your Personal Informations
Go to Options -> Resize NAND (RAWNAND, FULL NAND)
If you want to start fresh choose Format User
As User Size choose something between 1.5 GB and 3.99 GB (Fat32 Limitation) -> Save
(Some Games have huge Save Files and they won't install if the User Partition is too small)
It takes less Time to Copy the Files back to your Switch if you have any Problems later on.
Go to File -> Open File -> /NxNandManager_v*.**_x64/RAWNAND.resized
Insert your Micro SD Card into your PC or use Hekate's USB Feature (Tools -> USB Tools -> SD Card)
Go to Options -> Emunand Creation Tool (RAWNAND, FULL NAND)
-> Boot 0 (Pick your Boot 0 File) -> Boot 1 (Pick your Boot 1 File) -> SD Files (AMS) -> Select Target Volume
-> Hekate SD Raw or your Micro SD Card Reader -> Create Emunand
If you want to be able to switch between SYS & EMU Nand, you need Hekate.
If you don't care about SYS Nand use fusee-primary. (If emuMMC is present AMS always boots it)
Hekate Setup:
Create these Entries in bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini:
Inject fusee-primary or Hekate depending on your Setup.
In Hekate:
Launch -> Emunand Hekate Bootloader
You can Auto Boot any Entry you like, to do so go to Options -> Auto Boot -> any Entry
If you want to disable Auto Boot hold the Vol- Button after injecting the Hekate Payload.
When i was running SXOS i used files on SD for emunand, and i'm still doing that after moving to Atmos, specialy caurse i can't get hidden partition to run emummc, so far i haven't found anything i coulden do by using files on SD
When i was running SXOS i used files on SD for emunand, and i'm still doing that after moving to Atmos, specialy caurse i can't get hidden partition to run emummc, so far i haven't found anything i coulden do by using files on SD
Doing it that way can you just copy everything to a new micro SD card? I have a 256gb... But it fills up quite quickly. Especially once you put a 30gb nand partition in.
I'm buying a 512gb so I'm thinking switch to a fat file rather than partition and copy over... Hopefully job done.
Last time I spent ages reinstalling games backup saves etc.
When i was running SXOS i used files on SD for emunand, and i'm still doing that after moving to Atmos, specialy caurse i can't get hidden partition to run emummc, so far i haven't found anything i coulden do by using files on SD
Any reason your using a hidden partition? The only annoying thing I find is your pc can't see the partition. It sort of can in tinfoil... But you can't write to it unless you use nut. And even then it's limited.
Doing it that way can you just copy everything to a new micro SD card? I have a 256gb... But it fills up quite quickly. Especially once you put a 30gb nand partition in.
I'm buying a 512gb so I'm thinking switch to a fat file rather than partition and copy over... Hopefully job done.
Last time I spent ages reinstalling games backup saves etc.
Any reason your using a hidden partition? The only annoying thing I find is your pc can't see the partition. It sort of can in tinfoil... But you can't write to it unless you use nut. And even then it's limited.
I recently got a brand new SD card and decided to try run Atmosphere off of it. At first, I couldn't get fusee-primary to run, but I formatted the card and used only JITS and it woked, but I wanted to create an emuNAND so I can run homebrew and backups safely.
I followed the NH guide to make emuMMC. I partitioned the SD using Tegra Explorer. When I put the SD card back into the PC to move the Atmosphere files back, I found that Windows would not pick up the SD card. It sees the partition that I cannot access, but not the one that I can. I tried reformatting, but it didn't help.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different way to create the partition, or should I just format using Rufus and go from there?
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...