OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndswiki.wikispaces.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so now I have a small wiki called "NDS Wiki" that is just starting but quickly growing. There is also a sister site called DSHAX, and because of the fast success the sites are generating I've decided on creating my own emulator for GBA. Only problem is have no idea how to start from scratch. Any open source emulators or engines? And yes I know i's gonna be hard, and take months, so please no comments about that. Thanks!

mrzeppelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndswiki.wikispaces.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep that in mind, thanks, but is kinda early just to assume that nobody will respond.

hate2.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Jonkswa said:
hey! i'm still noob but try googling some answers if nobody answers how u want them to.

no,google first, then ask questions here.....no help for those that cant help themselves...

mrzeppelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndswiki.wikispaces.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really too sure what to search for. I tried GBA Open Source , GBA Emulator Kit, GBA Emulator Creation Programs, but all I get is junk and this one website that keeps trying to attack my computer.
unsure.gif

mrzeppelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndswiki.wikispaces.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really too sure what to search for. I tried GBA Open Source , GBA Emulator Kit, GBA Emulator Creation Programs, but all I get is junk and this one website that keeps trying to attack my computer.
unsure.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Emulator creation program"? That kinda doesn't exist. Try searching for "how to make an emulator" and get the basics working, then worry about getting it on the GBA/DS.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahah "Emulator Creation Program"? What are you 10? If you can't simply google and find your answer, you won't be able to make an emulator, ever. Learn C, after a few years, then maybe attempt something like a Chip 8 emulator.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
mrzeppelin said:
Alright, I've decided t take it down a notch and make an Atari Emulator using vssrc open source code. I've got the code, but how do I compile it into a program?
So you were going to create your own GBA emulator but don't even know how to compile code from others?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mrzeppelin said:
Im stupid, never would of though about that....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NEW WEB BROWSER: BLAKFOX Browse: Beta Available here!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmmn4zkg2td
The fuck?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
mrzeppelin what programming language do you know? do you want to create your own or what do you think of joining a project which has advanced alot?

mrzeppelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndswiki.wikispaces.com
XP
Country
United States
perkele said:
mrzeppelin said:
Alright, I've decided t take it down a notch and make an Atari Emulator using vssrc open source code. I've got the code, but how do I compile it into a program?
So you were going to create your own GBA emulator but don't even know how to compile code from others?

No, I'm very familiar with visual Basic code one, and two I've never made an emulator before. It's my fist time, and I was getting ahead of myself.

Posts merged

Dookieman said:
Hahah "Emulator Creation Program"? What are you 10? If you can't simply google and find your answer, you won't be able to make an emulator, ever. Learn C, after a few years, then maybe attempt something like a Chip 8 emulator.

Actually, 13. I've designed several programs in the past, own two
websites, and have a girlfriend so don't be giving me that your too young for this bullshit

Posts merged

QUOTE(Flame™ @ Aug 14 2009, 10:25 PM) mrzeppelin what programming language do you know? do you want to create your own or what do you think of joining a project which has advanced alot?

Creating my own from a popular emulator that provides open source C code.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Flame™ @ Aug 14 2009, 10:25 PM)
mrzeppelin what programming language do you know? do you want to create your own or what do you think of joining a project which has advanced alot?

Creating my own from a popular emulator that provides open source C code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m