Hacking emulating gateway?!

KingOfHell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if you can edit the gateway check out, you can also edit the brick code out:P
I don't know if the brick code is still there, i ASSUME it is.

I could probably find and disable the redcard check, but I don't have a clue as to how they would be doing the bricking, and I don't have a nandmod on either of my systems, so I'm not even going to try. I have thought about getting a nandmod done, but I'm not too keen on opening up my system, and I'm too impatient to send it off to someone to do.

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd happily sacrifice my hardmodded 3DS for the effort to get rid of that redcard check if someone were making a legitimate attempt at it.
Funny thing is, as I recall, the gateway brick method just uses the secure locking mechanism of the SD spec. Before I was even part of this scene, I had programmed an Arduino to debrick SDs locked in this fashion (Windows Phone uses the same method to keep SD cards secure), which should also work for GW-bricked 3DS.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If only someone could edit the gateway red card (for example the gateway team itself) to act like a sky3ds card when there is no firmware present (which only works with one rom at a time) i would be satisfied with that... (for now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche