Homebrew Question Emuiibo

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Information:
So I decided I'd try and figure out how this whole homebrew amiibo thing works today. My switch is on 9.0.1 AMS 0.9.4 (Kosmos) and I downloaded the most recent release of Emuiibo from here today. I followed the instructions on the main github page to install it and set the flag, then downloaded the GUI application that allows you to generate amiibo folders for use with the program. I then placed these folders under "SD:/emuiibo/amiibo/" and tried to get them to work in Breath of the Wild. After doing some searching, I found out that they somewhat work if you activate the module before starting the software, and sometimes the active amiibo can even be switched while in the software. Unfortunately, now no matter what I seem to do I only get fish and generic, non-unique chests, even when trying many different files I know to have worked in the past as well as newly generated ones. No amount of restarting the switch or software seems to change this fact.

Bottom line: this program's lack of user-friendliness is compounded by the fact that documentation is simply non-existent. Does anyone know what I can do to get this working? Any useful help would be appreciated.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work properly anymore. The new format lacks amiibo specific info, or isn't properly sending it to the amiibo service properly, thus the fish.

Maybe try modded emuiibo. (Search the forum)

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work properly anymore. The new format lacks amiibo specific info, or isn't properly sending it to the amiibo service properly, thus the fish.

Maybe try modded emuiibo. (Search the forum)
If you mean this, then it seems to be making folders that are relatively equivalent to the other, just with images that can't even be used by the program. (Of course, I searched the forum for both emuiibo and modded emuiibo, there are no new results. If you know of something, I'd be appreciative of a direct link.)

I did find something weird out through rigorous testing though. Certain amiibo just work, like smash zelda/ganondorf the guardian and a few others. Some don't work no matter what, and it seems to spawn generic fish if it can't recognize it.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you mean this, then it seems to be making folders that are relatively equivalent to the other, just with images that can't even be used by the program. (Of course, I searched the forum for both emuiibo and modded emuiibo, there are no new results. If you know of something, I'd be appreciative of a direct link.)

I did find something weird out through rigorous testing though. Certain amiibo just work, like smash zelda/ganondorf the guardian and a few others. Some don't work no matter what, and it seems to spawn generic fish if it can't recognize it.
I think Jonhy means modded amiiswap. https://gbatemp.net/threads/amiiswap-mod-for-emuiibo-0-3.548465/
Alternatively I made a tool called Amiigo which doesn't handle swapping amiibos as well as Amiiswap does but it removes the need to use EmuGUIibo because it has a virtual amiibo generator built in.

Reactions: JonJaded

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Jonhy means modded amiiswap. https://gbatemp.net/threads/amiiswap-mod-for-emuiibo-0-3.548465/
Alternatively I made a tool called Amiigo which doesn't handle swapping amiibos as well as Amiiswap does but it removes the need to use EmuGUIibo because it has a virtual amiibo generator built in.
Thanks for the reply. I've actually tried that, and it simply crashes "because an error occurred" every time I run it. Either way, it doesn't actually change the way emuiibo loads the amiibo, so it wouldn't help anyway.
I found Amiigo here, installed it, made some amiibo with it, and the issue is no different. They're all just fish with generic chests. The amiibo files don't seem to be the issue; I guess emuiibo just doesn't work properly right now on 9.0.1 with some amiibo. Darn.

Slight side-bar: emuiibo doesn't even work with Link's Awakening, and I haven't even bothered to try it with other titles. It looks like this homebrew is just jank. Oh well I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1