Hacking Empty slot in menu after failed nsz install and error 2155-8007

LuxTen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all.

I have a NS with updated Kosmos/Atmosphere and emuMMC.
Today I tried to install an nsz backup via GoldBrick/Nut. Unfortunately I did not notice that the title needed FW 9.1.0 while I was in 9.0.1. The install somewhat blocked and I had to unplug the console and reboot it.
This left me with an annoying empty slot in the menu, with the rolling icon turnig forever (see attached photos). If I select it, I get a 2155-8007 error (this error seems related to not being able to go online, ehm).

So I rebooted the console, updated firmware to 9.2.0 via ChoiceDuJour, updated sigpatches, newly installed the NSZ but the annoying empty slot is always there.
If I enable airplane mode, I do not get the 2155-8007 error but the empty slot with the rolling icon remains there.
Is there a way to get rid of it, or to know which file in my SD the menu it trying to open in that place?

I had a look at the content of the SD via Goldleaf and GoldTree, but it seems I can't find anything corrupt that I could delete or reinstall.

Thank you!!

EDIT: solved: just go to Settings - Data Management, look for the incomplete slot, then delete it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_171340.jpg
    IMG_20200326_171340.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20200326_171348.jpg
    IMG_20200326_171348.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20200326_171354.jpg
    IMG_20200326_171354.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited by LuxTen,
Reactions: Phantomas77

LuxTen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried to install the NSZ again?
Yes. As I mentioned, after upgrading the FW, I reinstalled it and it is going well. _But_ the annoying empty slot is still there. It seems that for some strange reason, the empty slot is referring to some sort of garbage left behind by the failed install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just delete it from data management in settings?
If I could fine something to delete, I would do it right now The problem is that I newly installed the title. It took another tile in the menu, but the broken empty one is still there. I tried the +/- keys to gather some info about the "offending title" but they do not work.
Maybe there is some debugging facility in Atmosphere, just to understand what is going on behind the scenes, when I select that empty tile?

LuxTen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just delete it from data management in settings?
@lolz5521: You are right, indeed. I did not even know about the data management in the Settings menu. Sorry for not understanding your suggestion immediately. I was thinking about Golleaf SD card content menu, the only one I was aware of.
I went there, found my "ghost" title and was able to delete it. Thank you lolz5521:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ancientboi already making new people mad