1. LuxTen

OP LuxTen Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi all.

I have a NS with updated Kosmos/Atmosphere and emuMMC.
    Today I tried to install an nsz backup via GoldBrick/Nut. Unfortunately I did not notice that the title needed FW 9.1.0 while I was in 9.0.1. The install somewhat blocked and I had to unplug the console and reboot it.
    This left me with an annoying empty slot in the menu, with the rolling icon turnig forever (see attached photos). If I select it, I get a 2155-8007 error (this error seems related to not being able to go online, ehm).

So I rebooted the console, updated firmware to 9.2.0 via ChoiceDuJour, updated sigpatches, newly installed the NSZ but the annoying empty slot is always there.
    If I enable airplane mode, I do not get the 2155-8007 error but the empty slot with the rolling icon remains there.
    Is there a way to get rid of it, or to know which file in my SD the menu it trying to open in that place?

I had a look at the content of the SD via Goldleaf and GoldTree, but it seems I can't find anything corrupt that I could delete or reinstall.

Thank you!!

EDIT: solved: just go to Settings - Data Management, look for the incomplete slot, then delete it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by LuxTen, Mar 26, 2020
  2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Tried to install the NSZ again?

3. lolz5521

lolz5521 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    just delete it from data management in settings?

LuxTen likes this.
  4. LuxTen

OP LuxTen Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Yes. As I mentioned, after upgrading the FW, I reinstalled it and it is going well. _But_ the annoying empty slot is still there. It seems that for some strange reason, the empty slot is referring to some sort of garbage left behind by the failed install.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If I could fine something to delete, I would do it right now The problem is that I newly installed the title. It took another tile in the menu, but the broken empty one is still there. I tried the +/- keys to gather some info about the "offending title" but they do not work.
    Maybe there is some debugging facility in Atmosphere, just to understand what is going on behind the scenes, when I select that empty tile?

5. LuxTen

OP LuxTen Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    @lolz5521: You are right, indeed. I did not even know about the data management in the Settings menu. Sorry for not understanding your suggestion immediately. I was thinking about Golleaf SD card content menu, the only one I was aware of.
    I went there, found my "ghost" title and was able to delete it. Thank you lolz5521:)

pLaYeR^^ and lolz5521 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - install, failed, Empty