Empty folders Durango FTP Dev Mode

jumper2137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone,
I tried reinstalling every app, set durango to game, performing a Factory Reset (i keep Games & Apps) and still same problem. On Xbox Device Portal in File explorer i see LocalAppData. On PC i have installed FileZilla to connect ftp. What can i do next? I need to send 8GB dlc to content folder which is in LocalAppData
Every folder is empty with the exception of the drive D:
My appx:
"UniversalFtpServer_1.4.4.0_x64"
Dependencies:
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2
Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I tried reinstalling every app, set durango to game, performing a Factory Reset (i keep Games & Apps) and still same problem. On Xbox Device Portal in File explorer i see LocalAppData. On PC i have installed FileZilla to connect ftp. What can i do next? I need to send 8GB dlc to content folder which is in LocalAppData
Every folder is empty with the exception of the drive D:
My appx:
"UniversalFtpServer_1.4.4.0_x64"
Dependencies:
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2
Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00
It's a bug that crops up from system updates. I've had the same problem (even have it now currently). It only affects dev mode too. It's called a dev mode brick. There's nothing you can do about it, and there's no way to prevent it either, since it's a system update that randomly fucks people over.

Reactions: jumper2137

jumper2137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a bug that crops up from system updates. I've had the same problem (even have it now currently). It only affects dev mode too. It's called a dev mode brick. There's nothing you can do about it, and there's no way to prevent it either, since it's a system update that randomly fucks people over.
I already got over it :D I found another solution, in my case it is mainly about Xenia Canary. Maybe someone will be looking for a solution someday and so :
in canary settings just change "content_root" to E: (external drive) and upload dlc there

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I periodically check if the dev mode brick issue has corrected itself on my system. it seems to be unfixable without a system update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge series x and windows 11 update like a day ago or something. It didn't correct the empty folders in dev mode for me. No issues in retail mode.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm dev bricked too. Any fix yet?
this is godreborn. there is no fix nor will there ever be most likely. the bug comes from the xbox software itself rather than durango. it affects people randomly, so you can only hope that it fixes itself with a software update at some point. however, there's a workaround, but it it's a pita. you can use a file manager through xbox portal. that's how I got my retroarch config file back over after updating it. the problem is that it can only upload one file at a time. however, there's a workaround for this as well, which is also a pita. you can upload zip files, and they'll be extracted by the xbox. that's the only way to get multiple files over at once. I suggest you don't use the xbox to host files for say retroarch or something, because you're limited to 30GBs, and due to this potential problem. I still have a brick, I believe. and, my good friend @GABO1423 does as well, I believe. he's the one who told me about this on discord a while back on gamr's server, when I was trying to get my retroarch config file over.

KoopaTroopaZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is godreborn. there is no fix nor will there ever be most likely. the bug comes from the xbox software itself rather than durango. it affects people randomly, so you can only hope that it fixes itself with a software update at some point. however, there's a workaround, but it it's a pita. you can use a file manager through xbox portal. that's how I got my retroarch config file back over after updating it. the problem is that it can only upload one file at a time. however, there's a workaround for this as well, which is also a pita. you can upload zip files, and they'll be extracted by the xbox. that's the only way to get multiple files over at once. I suggest you don't use the xbox to host files for say retroarch or something, because you're limited to 30GBs, and due to this potential problem. I still have a brick, I believe. and, my good friend @GABO1423 does as well, I believe. he's the one who told me about this on discord a while back on gamr's server, when I was trying to get my retroarch config file over.
Dang, thanks for letting me know! I haven't ran into issues using the portal. it's just slow. Also can use a USB stick for some stuff. Wild how it unpacks zips. I'll have to try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over