LOCALFOLDER missing contents whenever I FTP to my Xbox Series X

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here. I just came here to post an issue that I am having, and how I could fix it. I just got my Series X yesterday, everything is working totally fine, I got Dev Mode running, installed RetroArch and set it up, but here's the thing: When I type "ftp://xbox" in File Explorer on Windows 10, all of the Xbox's system files show up (eg. C, D, LOCALFOLDER, etc). I have to enter LOCALFOLDER in order to transfer BIOS files and whatnot. I enter LOCALFOLDER, and File Explorer reads "This folder is empty.". I have been trying for several hours to fix this, I even tried changing my storage size in Dev Mode, using a different computer, and restarting my Xbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here. I just came here to post an issue that I am having, and how I could fix it. I just got my Series X yesterday, everything is working totally fine, I got Dev Mode running, installed RetroArch and set it up, but here's the thing: When I type "ftp://xbox" in File Explorer on Windows 10, all of the Xbox's system files show up (eg. C, D, LOCALFOLDER, etc). I have to enter LOCALFOLDER in order to transfer BIOS files and whatnot. I enter LOCALFOLDER, and File Explorer reads "This folder is empty.". I have been trying for several hours to fix this, I even tried changing my storage size in Dev Mode, using a different computer, and restarting my Xbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Is Durango FTP set as a Game or as a App?

Reactions: godreborn

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you using windows explorer or an ftp app to connect? I never tried with durango ftp and windows explorer, but I know the normal connection method will show the LOCAL FOLDER as empty regardless.
I am using Windows Explorer to connect through FTP with Durango FTP.

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try filezilla to see if it finds anything. I had this problem originally as well, and I know filezilla worked.
FileZilla still shows nothing in LOCALFOLDER. It does not show "Directory listing of "LOCALFOLDER" successful" on the top of the screen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FileZilla still shows nothing in LOCALFOLDER.
think @GABO1423 said that there's a bug that causes this for some users, and no one knows why. he thought it had affected me, but that's before I was even using durango ftp (just using the normal ftp:// in windows explorer. you might try retroarch on retail (there's a sticky for it). you should for sure be able to connect to the LOCALFOLDER that way. there's durango ftp for retail, I mean.

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
think @GABO1423 said that there's a bug that causes this for some users, and no one knows why. he thought it had affected me, but that's before I was even using durango ftp (just using the normal ftp:// in windows explorer. you might try retroarch on retail (there's a sticky for it). you should for sure be able to connect to the LOCALFOLDER that way. there's durango ftp for retail, I mean.
Ok, I will think about doing that, but isn't there some sort of ban warning if you use RetroArch on retail?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok, I will think about doing that, but isn't there some sort of ban warning if you use RetroArch on retail?
There's that misconception/misinformation again.... I covered that question in the RetroArch Retail thread but to summarize. NO. You as the user NEVER HAVE ANY RISK OF GETTING BANNED. The only one at risk of that is the person hosting the apps, which bans a Developer Account and not an Xbox Live account.

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's that misconception/misinformation again.... I covered that question in the RetroArch Retail thread but to summarize. NO. You as the user NEVER HAVE ANY RISK OF GETTING BANNED. The only one at risk of that is the person hosting the apps, which bans a Developer Account and not an Xbox Live account.
Ah ok, thanks for letting me know. I heard about the ban warning from Archades Games on YouTube, and I thought this was true.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah ok, thanks for letting me know. I heard about the ban warning from Archades Games on YouTube, and I thought this was true.
Nope, he tends to get shit wrong in his videos, and there's an example of that. Trust me, I've been dealing with Retail over two years now alongside Gamr13. And we have yet to see a ban for using RetroArch. Archades never used it and never covered it until that video, and just went with wrong assumptions and you see the results.

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, he tends to get shit wrong in his videos, and there's an example of that. Trust me, I've been dealing with Retail over two years now alongside Gamr13. And we have yet to see a ban for using RetroArch. Archades never used it and never covered it until that video, and just went with wrong assumptions and you see the results.
That makes sense. Thanks again. Do I still have to get whitelisted in order to get RetroArch on retail?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That makes sense. Thanks again. Do I still have to get whitelisted in order to get RetroArch on retail?
No, that's a thing of the past thankfully. Just go to the website gamr13.github.io on Edge on your Xbox, and click on the download button for the app you want. And that's it, you can download it.

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that's a thing of the past thankfully. Just go to the website gamr13.github.io on Edge on your Xbox, and click on the download button for the app you want. And that's it, you can download it.
One more thing: LOCALFOLDER is empty on Retail Mode.

EDIT: FileZilla fixed it.

Last edited by daxyd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over