ELink Save Problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Gman 101, Mar 4, 2008.

Mar 4, 2008

ELink Save Problems by Gman 101 at 8:15 AM (1,163 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Gman 101
    OP

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ok, so I've been playing a few games on my ELink and suddenly it decides to stop loading up the .sav files today. Luckily I used loads of RTS saves so I could go back to where I was. But even after loading the RTS save and saving in game (for eg. Pokemon Emerald), the save still refuses to load. A bit more info if needed: I'm using a Gameboy Micro, I've used RTS many MANY times and all the other games I've tried don't even load up the saves.

2. Gman 101
    OP

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Bump. No ideas? (and no views either...)

3. bluesceada

Newcomer bluesceada Member

Germany
    Hi to all!

Maybe the battery is just empty or has bad contact. The save games are hold by a battery buffered sram as far as I know.

I once had this with a new bought gameboy color game, just after one year...

It could've also been too much shaken around while being shipped and so the battery has come loose.

So you might want to open it up and replace the battery, or fixate it - but first measure if it's still ok. If you are not experienced with this I would ask another person to do so. But I would wait some days so maybe another person here already knows your problem and a solution to it....

4. Auron32

Newcomer Auron32 Newbie

United Kingdom
    yo guy's ive got save problems too [​IMG] ! it started 100% brilliant, then 2 weeks later its R.I.P. Elink save data... and i have no idea whats causing it. i should of paid a bit more a cyclo evolution card... at least that DOES supoort DS->GBA linkage [​IMG]

im going to borrow my mates shotgun and use my Elink as a clay pigeon. [​IMG]

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The battery is rechargable, you have to charge it for 8 hours before use and every couple of months or the saves go bye bye, less in months if you use it ALOT.