Hacking ELink Save Problems

Gman 101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so I've been playing a few games on my ELink and suddenly it decides to stop loading up the .sav files today. Luckily I used loads of RTS saves so I could go back to where I was. But even after loading the RTS save and saving in game (for eg. Pokemon Emerald), the save still refuses to load. A bit more info if needed: I'm using a Gameboy Micro, I've used RTS many MANY times and all the other games I've tried don't even load up the saves.

bluesceada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi to all!

Maybe the battery is just empty or has bad contact. The save games are hold by a battery buffered sram as far as I know.

I once had this with a new bought gameboy color game, just after one year...

It could've also been too much shaken around while being shipped and so the battery has come loose.

So you might want to open it up and replace the battery, or fixate it - but first measure if it's still ok. If you are not experienced with this I would ask another person to do so. But I would wait some days so maybe another person here already knows your problem and a solution to it....

Auron32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yo guy's ive got save problems too
angry.gif
! it started 100% brilliant, then 2 weeks later its R.I.P. Elink save data... and i have no idea whats causing it. i should of paid a bit more a cyclo evolution card... at least that DOES supoort DS->GBA linkage
wacko.gif

im going to borrow my mates shotgun and use my Elink as a clay pigeon.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs