Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aamon.net
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
daedelus82 said:
If you don't like the way it executes, edit the source and compile yourself: source/multi-linker/

I deliberately made it so it doesn't display any text to screen, I prefer it this way.
However if you'd prefer it to display a message, such as press UP for gamma or DOWN for softchip, simply add a few printf functions, and recompile.

Many Thanks
biggrin.gif
. I will inject the .dol for myself in a Channel...so happy right now
biggrin.gif
... . Oh, and I will have a Look at compiling a new version...Just as a question: It would be possible that it loads Softchip without pressing something, and Gamma with Pressing something, right?
Yes, that would be possible.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hi

@deadelus82:
thanks for the sources
i'm very noob in programmation and at this time, just change some variables like the folder link in the softchip linker
so i wish to know if you could insert an image

instead the blackscreen or text, then provide the source, like this i can change the image if i need
thx

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice picture, but i have a few suggestions. maybe instead you can remove the "hold 1 atfer your choise is done for loader options" (since that will depend on the version of loader you have, autoboot or not) and could you also remove the "loader" from "softchip loader"? other than that its a great image.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
@slaphappygamer

updated images, i've tried to follow your wish
hope you like;)
i've design this picture to match with the penguin style.

now two pictures, one for autoboot app and one for nonautoboot.

now, just need someone to put this in the multi linker source and publish this.
thx.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:
Yes, that would be possible.

So, I looked at the main.c, and I think I found the place to change...
Code:
while(1) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂVIDEO_WaitVSync();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWPAD_ScanPads();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu32 pressed = WPAD_ButtonsDown(0);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif ( pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_UP ) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfilename = "/apps/gamma/boot.dol";
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse if ( pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_DOWN ) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfilename = "/apps/SoftChip/boot.dol";
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse if ( pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_HOME ) exit(0);

Now the only problem is to what I should change it, that it boot automaticly the "/apps/SoftChip/boot.dol"...I have no Idea? Can you help me daedelus82?

Also, Am I guessing right:
QUOTEWPAD_BUTTON_LEFT = DPAD Left
WPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT = DPAD Right
WPAD_BUTTON_ONE = Button 1
WPAD_BUTTON_TWO = Button 2
WPAD_BUTTON_A = Button A
WPAD_BUTTON_B = Button B
WPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = Button +
WPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = Button -
?

To be realy easy to change, I must know this
shy.gif
. Thanks in Advance!

@dj_skual: Nice Images, keep it going
wink.gif

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@SpaceJump
multi emulator forwader works fine, but your provided single channels like snes9x & fceu don't (codedump). why???

EDIT:
it works with wadder 1.2.....

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was due to the fact that those versions had a certain bug in them that caused that. if you get those same forwarder channels with the most current versions of the said emulator then all will work fine.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
Now the only problem is to what I should change it, that it boot automaticly the "/apps/SoftChip/boot.dol"...I have no Idea? Can you help me daedelus82?

I am brand new to this homebrew creation.
and I do not have yet the knowledge but as time goes by I am trying to gather as much information as I can to create my own stuff.

at the moment I have an idea for this.
rather than hardcoding a choice, why not use a config file stored on the SD card to select one entry or the other.

I will look at softchip sources to see how they are handling the config file, but I am sure spacejumper can help as he is already doing this in his media forwarder

and what about going even further in this tweaking....
a forwarder channel for gamma..
up - autoload
down - no autoload
left - autoload + force NTSC
right - autoload + force PAL

that is obviously only an example.. any combination can be done.... (mixing loaders or settings....)
one could even make some funny things...
up - gamma
down - gamma autoload
left - softchip (with autoboot option)
right - reset softchip (by deleting the config file before starting it)

this forwarder really rocks my world for a simple reason.
I tweaked a couple of friend's wii.. (yeah that was not a smart move, but they have been behaving and are aware that I am not responsible of any bricking)
but whenever a patch need to be applied to a BCL.. they have to bring the whole wii...
with a forwarder, I only need their SD

plus I hate to clutter my channels... it gets messier as we are installing homebrews..

so A BIG THANK for this great idea...

if we manage to figure out how to use the config.. I am willing to compile any dol for anyone who is having a nice idea but no compiling skills. (if asked nicely
wink.gif
)
unfortunately I have less that zero skills in graphics, so you will have to create them yourself and inject them in a wad. (I could provide the noobs with a short tutorial using wadder even though I do not think it is needed, this tool is intuitive)

Cheers,
R

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
redia said:
Blue-K said:
and what about going even further in this tweaking....
a forwarder channel for gamma..
up - autoload
down - no autoload
left - autoload + force NTSC
right - autoload + force PAL

That can I already do...simply copy-paste the code and edit the directories...no problem, that would be done in a Minute, it's the easiest thing (and I've started to read some Tutorials 25 Minutes ago....)...but I can't compile the new version...don't know how to, and where to put the main.h, the main.c and the Makefile...

I also looked at Softchips source for the Autobooting-Thing...don't found something...at least I know how the Buttons are called...

WPAD_BUTTON_:
B
A
MINUS
HOME
LEFT
RIGHT
DOWN
UP
PLUS

WPAD_NUNCHUK_BUTTON_
Z
C

Simply rename it to the one you want...But thats it...more I don't know...I hope daedelus82 or someone else will come with a code for Auto-Boot, so no Buttons must be pressed...

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
That can I already do...simply copy-paste the code and edit the directories...no problem, that would be done in a Minute, it's the easiest thing (and I've started to read some Tutorials 25 Minutes ago....)...but I can't compile the new version...don't know how to, and where to put the main.h, the main.c and the Makefile...

I also looked at Softchips source for the Autobooting-Thing...don't found something...at least I know how the Buttons are called...

QUOTE said:
WPAD_BUTTON_:
B
A
MINUS
HOME
LEFT
RIGHT
DOWN
UP
PLUS

WPAD_NUNCHUK_BUTTON_
Z
C

Simply rename it to the one you want...But thats it...more I don't know...I hope daedelus82 or someone else will come with a code for Auto-Boot, so no Buttons must be pressed...

Blue-K

you are totally right... changing a folder is an easy thing.. the "hard" part is the compiling.
well in fact it ain't that hard if you have the right version of compiler and libraries (if you want I can pack a rar file for you containing everything and write a quick tutorial.. or even better I can provide the links to a devkit which works with the current sources)

and some noobs can't handle that changing folder either... which is why I am proposing my help.

the part of the button you got it clear and right I am sure it will help some of us to have a full list
smile.gif

about the configuration file I started digging into the softchip code and I figured out how to read a file..
but I still have to see how to parse it correctly and what would make sense to do... it ain't clear yet but I am sure we will figure it out.

and nonetheless I have to see if I can delete a file (to reset softchip) or maybe I will simply read the setting and reapply the same simply changing the autoboot thus giving the possibility to the users to have accessto the setting by themselves...

about the booting automatically into one or the other of the BCL I already have a clear idea on how to do it (and I will test it with hardcoding until I am ok with config file)

unfortunately I won't have much time to test it on the wii over the week-end but I will do my best and provide the source as soon as there is an improvement.

Cheers,
R.

daedelus82

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aamon.net
XP
Country

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
daedelus82 said:
multi-linker2.dol

When run, loads "/apps/gamma/boot.dol" if button B is held, otherwise defaults to "/apps/softchip/boot.dol"

Source: source/multi-linker2/

What can I say more than...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!, realy, thanks
grog.gif
. I see in the source that you added printfs...funny, I've done the same thing, even the same Text, but wasn't able to compile:P . Anyways, again, many Thanks for that!!!! Now this Forwarder is nearly perfect...only Config is missing...

@redia: First, nice to see someone else than me from Switzerland here
wink.gif

QUOTEhe part of the button you got it clear and right I am sure it will help some of us to have a full list smile.gif
Everything is in the lib in DevKit Pro...only done some copy-paste...but funny thing is, that Nunckuck or Classice-Controller also would be possible...more than 20 Buttons = More than 20 Apps
tongue.gif

And I hope you'll get well with the Config-File...I'm now going to learn C...and making some Images for the Forwarder..

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
well done
here my version for 16/9 screen & autoboot loaders: MultiBackupLoader (with background & shutdown).dol

-Background image for waiting select button
-up = /apps/Backup_Launcher/boot.dol
-down=/apps/Softchip/boot.dol
-home=exit
-power=shutdown wii

now trying to implement background looping sound and an auto 16/9 or 4/3 detect in wii config to select directly witch background to use instead to compile two dol
very hard for me because don't know C/C++
just implement the background & power by copying source here and here, read a lot of things, and try to understand

if some one could help me, that would be very usefull
then when all fonction work, i'll release source
wink.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Blue-K said:
@redia: First, nice to see someone else than me from Switzerland here
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(dj_skual @ Jan 11 2009, 02:16 AM) -Background image for waiting select button
-home=exit
-power=shutdown wii

nice.
can you provide the sources
would like to add an image during waiting...
I am so slow lately that I did not think of adding one and only entered a couple of printf... my brain must be suffering from the cold
wink.gif

R

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
hello guys
i've done some change in my version of multiloader linker
Multi Linker aspect ratio.

now music loop implemented and autodetection of screen format wii setting to respect the aspect ratio

features:
Background image for waiting select button
music loop
aspect ratio auto detect
-home=exit
-power=shutdown wii

now i want to implement:
-animated background
-wiimote tracking pointer
-select app by pointing a button

so like i've said before, i don't know the C language and need somme help about the animated file format an how to code that
thaks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?